Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta - Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

So, what are we thinking here? Creepy noble wants to try and marry her? Impressed by her abilities, they intend to force unreasonable work demands? Some combination of those two mixed with a veiled threat towards her dad to apply pressure? (Boy, would that be a poor choice!)

Dex-chan lover
I mean, she could just decline it stating she's heading for a vacation. Not like the guild has the power to stop her, or the ability to even penalize her (what are they going to do? kick her out? they need her. Force her to a lower rank? the higher rank quests are why they need her. Provide lower rewards on her quests? she already gets enough I bet, but she could simply ignore any quest that isn't worth it - such as high-rank quests they need her to do - and accept quests from outside the guild when possible).

Supporter
Who was that dude at the start? I was keeping up when it was one camera on the dad and one on the daughter. Now we got like five cameras and two dozen individuals, I fear the plot is getting run in to many directions.

The little girl / grandpa elf is a cute combo, and thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Who was that dude at the start? I was keeping up when it was one camera on the dad and one on the daughter. Now we got like five cameras and two dozen individuals, I fear the plot is getting run in to many directions.

The little girl / grandpa elf is a cute combo, and thanks for the chapter!
probably his dad in the past?

Are we going AGAIN with the retarded trope "you cant go back they 10000thing to do before you can go away"?

shes the most powerfull there you dont want (and cant) make her a enemy
i love this manga for the art and some of the plot but its really shitty to do the same plot twice

Dex-chan lover
I mean, she could just decline it stating she's heading for a vacation. Not like the guild has the power to stop her, or the ability to even penalize her (what are they going to do? kick her out? they need her. Force her to a lower rank? the higher rank quests are why they need her. Provide lower rewards on her quests? she already gets enough I bet, but she could simply ignore any quest that isn't worth it - such as high-rank quests they need her to do - and accept quests from outside the guild when possible).
They'd probably try something stupid like putting her in prison for whatever stupid reason they can make up, and if she retaliates it causes all sorts of problems.

Dex-chan lover
It still depends on the urgency. And yeah, there will be no appropriate punishment other than make her income to be no longer from them. Putting her in prison or trying to antagonize her is just stupid

Dex-chan lover
The way that country functions probably prevents Angie from refusing whatever orders the feudal lord has for her, so her best way to discourage such behavior would be to raise her own fees. Charge three times more than usual for disturbing her vacation plans. All organisations are really obsessed with money, whole countries and fiefdoms included, so hit them where it hurts.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this was the set up for the last part of the anime?

Especially the part with the flashbacks. Since he hasn't lost his leg or left that 4-person party.

Unless I'm dumb and forgot it happened in the manga already.

Users who are viewing this thread