Boy's Abyss - Ch. 179 - You

Group Leader
I think Yuko has always been a bit cuckoo. That was indeed Esemori at the hospital, years ago, but Yuko was seeing him as “Akira”, the kid she knew and loved. He didn’t remember her, probably due to some memory issues caused by drugs (he did mention having this kind of trouble in the past). That’s why Yuko sees Esemori as the young Akira again at the end. It is how she sees Esemori when she looks at him with love. She sees the Akira kid with whom she fell in love with.

Fed-Kun's army
I think Yuko has always been a bit cuckoo. That was indeed Esemori at the hospital, years ago, but Yuko was seeing him as “Akira”, the kid she knew and loved. He didn’t remember her, probably due to some memory issues caused by drugs (he did mention having this kind of trouble in the past). That’s why Yuko sees Esemori as the young Akira again at the end. It is how she sees Esemori when she looks at him with love. She sees the Akira kid with whom she fell in love with.
The most correct answer is this one.

Dex-chan lover
Why do I feel like sensei is going to take the blame. Or Reiji might kill her as well and flee with Nagi. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
So he IS Esemori’s son (though I may be misunderstanding)? What’s the point this late in the game? Also damn, Reiji actually did it.

Dex-chan lover
So he IS Esemori’s son (though I may be misunderstanding)? What’s the point this late in the game? Also damn, Reiji actually did it.
I'm guessing it's so people won't see it as an unresolved plot point, also Reiji likely wouldn't care anymore anyway, so it's irrelevant to the story, but I'd say from Yuko and Esemori's perspectives, it's still important.

So

Reiji's father is random distant relative of Esemori, introduced at the last second because ??? reasons.

It's pretty obvious she's hallucinating in her own dying moments, trying to convince herself that relative was actually Esemori. But he was a young patient in hospice, which is end-of-life care, and couldn't have been a randomly amnesiac Esemori. Whoever he really was, he probably died before Reiji was born.

Of all the questions I wanted answered, this is probably the one I wanted answered the least.

Honestly, I'm kinda mad now that this manga spent so many pages and pages letting characters stare at one another, only for the ending to jump into a lightning round. No idea what things are going to look like with only 4 chapters left.

I also have a hard time believing Mao didn't suspect anything amiss with Reiji?? Like dude, he's already lied once about where Nagi is and is asking you to drive out into the mountains with him alone, why are you trusting him??

I think she just believes the hospital kid was Akira/Esemori. In her mind, that was the first time he returned. You can kinda see how the kid looks different (closer to Reiji) in the first panel he shows up in, and then looks like Esemori after. Probably just saw that kid as young Akira because of resemblance/desire, and sees the man himself as young Akira as well - even as sick as he is.
The first time he actually returned was when he met Reiji though.

Could be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread