Boy's Abyss - Ch. 182 - Nobody’s There

Esemori and Yuko? Yeah, I'm happy with this if so.

Pages 18-20 are magnificent.
A transition from Nagi saying she'll wait to Esemori doing so.
Yuko still has a scar on the right side of her face that is barely visible, blending in the past and the present.
Esemori fading into the background of a beautiful town. He's not quite far off, but distant nonetheless. Despite the fact that they were shown sitting together.

Ryo's writing might be dodgy but the art direction never missed. She always went above and beyond for these two.
I agree, I love her art direction as well. I think she had a special caring for both of them, you can feel it too.

Dex-chan lover
Would be interesting if this was Yuko's story all along and Reiji was just a vehicle for it all along

Dex-chan lover
its been all melodrama for a while now, I feel if it had ended a couple or more arcs ago it would've felt like a much better, succinct story.
The last 40 or so chapters were mostly unnecessary.

-Sensei's character should have ended when Reiji approved of her as his teacher. This was around chapter 120
-Gen and Chako were both fine. I would not change anything.
-Shino'oka chapters didn't need to be more than 2, but they're not big offenders.
-Esemori and Yuko could have died separately in their hospitals and we could still have gotten this scene
-If Sensei's arc ended earlier, she wouldn't have kidnapped Nagi. Nagi and Reiji could then have talked over their bullshit and saved us like 10 chapters at least.
- I have no idea what Ryo was doing with Ishibashi but he has to play a role in the last chapter, which is why I strongly doubt the suicide will happen.
-And if I were Ryo, I'd never have had Yuko wake up from when she was hit by a car. I feel like most of the plot can work around her since lot of what she does is in the past, and she mainly just exposes sensei's true intentions, and give Gen an outlet. All I would change is have her interact more with Gen and Sensei before getting hit so those plot threads are addressed.

Looking from a hindsight perspective, and I think it's possible to end this manga by chapter 130 at most, even with Ryo's paneling.

Dex-chan lover
The last 40 or so chapters were mostly unnecessary.

-Sensei's character should have ended when Reiji approved of her as his teacher. This was around chapter 120
-Gen and Chako were both fine. I would not change anything.
-Shino'oka chapters didn't need to be more than 2, but they're not big offenders.
-Esemori and Yuko could have died separately in their hospitals and we could still have gotten this scene
-If Sensei's arc ended earlier, she wouldn't have kidnapped Nagi. Nagi and Reiji could then have talked over their bullshit and saved us like 10 chapters at least.
- I have no idea what Ryo was doing with Ishibashi but he has to play a role in the last chapter, which is why I strongly doubt the suicide will happen.
-And if I were Ryo, I'd never have had Yuko wake up from when she was hit by a car. I feel like most of the plot can work around her since lot of what she does is in the past, and she mainly just exposes sensei's true intentions, and give Gen an outlet. All I would change is have her interact more with Gen and Sensei before getting hit so those plot threads are addressed.

Looking from a hindsight perspective, and I think it's possible to end this manga by chapter 130 at most, even with Ryo's paneling.
Mao and Kid Daddy were introduced too late. Really too late. I don't really know what the editor was thinking but all the pace was destroyed after leaving to Tokyo.
What is really sad is the pieces of the puzzle are there, but feels like the way they put it together was careless and rushed.
That's the Minenami way, sadly.

Dex-chan lover
One thing people missed:

Nagi respecting Reiji's need for a closure with his mom before taking him away to the town is actually the opposite of what she actually wanted when she came back to The Town (for Reiji to abandon everybody and just run with her, even using the JAV shit as a threat (chapters 151 to 155)). If something, this chapter is more about Nagi (and Yuuko) than about Reiji. It's her finally having a closure with Mao. That's why she thanked Reiji (and dropped the -kun honorifics in the RAWs. This alone is important). She wanted to let him know what he did wasn't pointless in the end.

The shapeshifting figure at the bridge was actually the reference to Thanatos no Yuuwaku, the inexistent entity that would whisk the depressive individual to his death.

So, Esemori died first. That dream sequence was their farewell. Let's see if Yuuko manages to finish the book.

Dunno how will Reiji's clean break with his mom will be, but it seems the lovers suicide end is almost inminent. Mao's desire for Nagi to live happily may be perceived by Nagi as insensitive as Yuri's desire for Reiji to live and may have triggered the opposite reaction. Unless Nagi aims for a fresh restart with him and grasped the happiness part.

Still i am puzzled about what did Nagi mean about making Reiji dirtier/corrupting Reiji. Is about him having commited a crime that makes him be as tainted as her?? Or was about Reiji being able to go that far for her to the point of dirtying his hands??

Ryou left a riddle on a post on her Xitter.

A truth (lie) told by a novelist: the light my mother let slip away, until the idol I longed for was born...

https://x.com/ryo_minenami/status/1813597459341537413?t=De0iGmx8k_Fke-Hd1xmmCQ&s=19

What did Ryou mean by this?? May this have a Hatsukoi Zombie end instead??

It's gonna be hard to say goodbye to this manga. Even if Ryou Ryou'd the end just like in her previous works.

PD: this chapter had the near vanishing eyes draft btw. So the ☔️ draft belongs to the final chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Mao and Kid Daddy were introduced too late. Really too late. I don't really know what the editor was thinking but all the pace was destroyed after leaving to Tokyo.
What is really sad is the pieces of the puzzle are there, but feels like the way they put it together was careless and rushed.
That's the Minenami way, sadly.
Mao is unquestionably the biggest mistake in this manga. Probably violates more than a few tenets of writing. Which is crazy because he was here from the start. We knew about him even before we were clued in on how crazy the entire scenario Ryo cooked was. It couldn't have been hard to sprinkle bits and pieces of his character at certain points in the story, but Ryo wanted to keep Nagi as much a mystery as possible. This was definitely an intentional decision, and it backfired hard.

I'm so confused whats even happening now. So the mom definitely fucked some random kid who just looked like the other guy right? And was the uncle doing child sex trafficking? Or he just abandoned her and then she was trafficked?
No, Yuko tells Esemori that he's come back to the town 3 times now.
1) Pretending to be Esemori's relative (which conceived Reiji)
2) At the start of the Story
3) RIght now as he is dying

Esemori reacts the way he does because he thought that Yuko didn't recognise him the first time. Hence Esemori really is Reiji's father

Uncle is part of the trafficking because he uses the same name that one of the director calls Nagi by in the page with sexual assault speech bubbles.

One thing people missed:

Nagi respecting Reiji's need for a closure with his mom before taking him away to the town is actually the opposite of what she actually wanted when she came back to The Town (for Reiji to abandon everybody and just run with her, even using the JAV shit as a threat (chapters 151 to 155)). If something, this chapter is more about Nagi (and Yuuko) than about Reiji. It's her finally having a closure with Mao. That's why she thanked Reiji (and dropped the -kun honorifics in the RAWs. This alone is important). She wanted to let him know what he did wasn't pointless in the end.

The shapeshifting figure at the bridge was actually the reference to Thanatos no Yuuwaku, the inexistent entity that would whisk the depressive individual to his death.

So, Esemori died first. That dream sequence was their farewell. Let's see if Yuuko manages to finish the book.

Dunno how will Reiji's clean break with his mom will be, but it seems the lovers suicide end is almost inminent. Mao's desire for Nagi to live happily may be perceived by Nagi as insensitive as Yuri's desire for Reiji to live and may have triggered the opposite reaction. Unless Nagi aims for a fresh restart with him and grasped the happiness part.

Still i am puzzled about what did Nagi mean about making Reiji dirtier/corrupting Reiji. Is about him having commited a crime that makes him be as tainted as her?? Or was about Reiji being able to go that far for her to the point of dirtying his hands??

Ryou left a riddle on a post on her Xitter.

A truth (lie) told by a novelist: the light my mother let slip away, until the idol I longed for was born...

https://x.com/ryo_minenami/status/1813597459341537413?t=De0iGmx8k_Fke-Hd1xmmCQ&s=19

What did Ryou mean by this?? May this have a Hatsukoi Zombie end instead??

It's gonna be hard to say goodbye to this manga. Even if Ryou Ryou'd the end just like in her previous works.

PD: this chapter had the near vanishing eyes draft btw. So the ☔️ draft belongs to the final chapter.
I think it refers to him being willing to take part in the lover's abyss. Since he wanted to do it at the start of the series but changed his mind and kept telling Nagi to live, but now that the knowledge of Mao has 'tainted' him, he seems like he's going to go through it with Nagi

Users who are viewing this thread