Boy's Abyss - Ch. 179 - You

Hem

Double-page supporter
It's pretty weird how Esemori deaged himself while pretending to be dying under a fake identity, then ACTUALLY died in the flashback to fool all of the medical professionals surrounding Yuko, revived, let himself age, got cancer, let that cancer manifest into the terminal stage, and then deaged himself again when Yuko solved the mystery.

What could he be planning now bros???????

Last edited:
So…. What?
You are telling me this has JUST 4 more chapters… what in the world. This is what I hated about Himegoto as well. The author really doesn’t know when to end a story or how to, for that matter.
Since 2020 ongoing. 4 years on this. I can understand how Ryo grew tired of her artwork. It happens a lot, especially when you don’t have a story in your mind complete from the very first chapter and this… you can feel the story being constructed as we go. It can sometimes work but 99% of time it doesn’t. In my opinion. I feel so betrayed :))) but imma still tune in. I will feel like a feather after its end
At least we got a stab!

am i missing something... i'm pretty sure i've seen that kid with yuuko before (without the "he's the father" story ofc)

Dex-chan lover
So…. What?
You are telling me this has JUST 4 more chapters… what in the world. This is what I hated about Himegoto as well. The author really doesn’t know when to end a story or how to, for that matter.
Since 2020 ongoing. 4 years on this. I can understand how Ryo grew tired of her artwork. It happens a lot, especially when you don’t have a story in your mind complete from the very first chapter and this… you can feel the story being constructed as we go. It can sometimes work but 99% of time it doesn’t. In my opinion. I feel so betrayed :))) but imma still tune in. I will feel like a feather after its end
At least we got a stab!
Actually Ryo said the ending was solidified from the first chapter in an interview, she just had to get the characters in a state to achieve that ending. She also kind of spoiled the ending in that interview, I'll just say a lot of people aren't going to like it but a lot of others will absolutely love it.

Her approach to writing is "What would this character do next" and not "What would be better for the reader/story", which really shows, for better and for worse.

Dex-chan lover
Actually Ryo said the ending was solidified from the first chapter in an interview, she just had to get the characters in a state to achieve that ending. She also kind of spoiled the ending in that interview, I'll just say a lot of people aren't going to like it but a lot of others will absolutely love it.

Her approach to writing is "What would this character do next" and not "What would be better for the reader/story", which really shows, for better and for worse.
Gotta add...

Ryou may have just teased the (very obvious and predictable) ending by showing part of what it seems the final chapter color page. There's a naked drowning body that looks like being Nagi's. Go and check her xitter.

Aggregator gang
bro straight shanked that bitch
good for him
in the end we were all the boys (abyss)

Gotta add...

Ryou may have just teased the (very obvious and predictable) ending by showing part of what it seems the final chapter color page. There's a naked drowning body that looks like being Nagi's. Go and check her xitter.
lol It's probably Nagi and her uncle (maybe) that will die together, Reiji will survive and live

Dex-chan lover
lol It's probably Nagi and her uncle (maybe) that will die together, Reiji will survive and live
That would awake some Hoboreru Hanabi (ryou's 1st manga) flashbacks. Girl dies, and boy survives and settles with the girl he didn't fuck or rejected fucking onscreen but still got pregnant with his seed at the epilogue. In Abyss case, that girl would be Chako

Anyway, Ryou already uploaded a draft and from the looks of it... Reiji's dying too

That would awake some Hoboreru Hanabi (ryou's 1st manga) flashbacks. Girl dies, and boy survives and settles with the girl he didn't fuck or rejected fucking onscreen but still got pregnant with his seed at the epilogue. In Abyss case, that girl would be Chako

Anyway, Ryou already uploaded a draft and from the looks of it... Reiji's dying too
Nah he will live. Someone on 4chan posted that image with Ryo's post translation that is "Near vanishing eyes", so I doubt he will die even more.

Double-page supporter

What's the point of an ending like that? If anyone besides Esemori and Yuko die, this was a senseless manga with no concept of direction when nobody learns anything. This manga should have ended a year or two before. Sensei should have fucked off a long time ago instead of leeching away panel-time that could have served to make a more coherent ending. She served her purpose 70 chapters prior, but it's like Ryo could never let go of her favorite. Countless episodes that dragged only for Ryo to speedrun at the finish line...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread