Boy's Abyss - Ch. 181 - Mire

Dex-chan lover
at this point i cant even take this seriously anymore. this feels so bizzare for some reason.
might be because this is midway through endgame and it keeps jumping back and forth without proper writing to lead into these jumps. He is fully ready to do what he wanted to finally but the teacher randomly crying and shouting something of 0 importance to him is making him just drop the knife, ignore everything and leave Nagi?

It just is a bit weak right now tbh. There is no actual impact, 0. Yeah, we get the nuances and how he really feels etc. but it is incredibly stale, ending in a cop out the last 10 times.

Group Leader
It means he has been trafficking so many girls he doesn't even remember Nagi's name.
What’s worse is that Nagi is someone related to him (cant remember if it’s blood related). But to be fair, I remember she was forced to live on her own after few years so maybe that’s when she changed her name to Nagi.

Is that the fucking mom on the bridge?
Also the bastard has been trafficking so many little girl that he couldn't even remember her name. Cunt, hope he suffers for the rest of his life
I’m also leaning on the theory that it is his mom on the bridge. :haa:

Double-page supporter
Mao has to be insane. As in, devoid of rational thought as opposed to being a scheming prick. Nothing more to say on him.

Reiji reallly just wants Nagi to be as hateful of her circumstances as him. Mao was supposed to be her Yuko. He couldn't get back at Yuko so he Mao was a convenient substitute for anger.

And it seems we finally came full circle to the first scene of the manga...and the girl is not Nagi unless she can teleport. It is not Chako either because she cut her hair and has no reason to die. So we have a Nagi lookalike just as we had an Esemori lookalike who appeared out of nowhere. Both these are the last subplots to be addressed. I doubt it's a coincidence.

So is the town actually alive? I doubt itll be explicit but this manga began with a superstitious legend and Esemori's highly coincidental meetings and illness. Maybe nuke the town was the solution all along.

Last edited:
Mao has to be insane. As in, devoid of rational thought as opposed to being a scheming prick. Nothing more to say on him.

And it seems we finally came full circle to the first scene of the manga...and the girl is not Nagi unless she can teleport. It is not Chako either because she cut her hair and has no reason to die. So we have a Nagi lookalike just as we had an Esemori lookalike who appeared out of nowhere. Both these are the last subplots to be addressed. I doubt it's a coincidence.

So is the town actually alive? I doubt itll be explicit but this manga began with a superstitious legend and Esemori's highly coincidental meetings and illness. Maybe nuke the town was the solution all along.
I think it's the spirit of the abyss legend, the manga already hinted the supernatural thing in some chapters. That would explain why Yuko saw a Akira like person. If it isn't the real Akira, it's the abyss itself taking the form of a loved one through the deep desires of the person.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread