Boy's Abyss - Ch. 182 - Nobody’s There

Dex-chan lover
please dont tell me all that just to end with them suicide. my suicidal thoughts from reading this back then would have been a waste.

I've completely lost the thread on all of this. I feel like I need to re-read so much to even understand all that's going on.. whatever, thank god it's almost done. 1 more to go.

Thanks for your efforts, AW!

Dex-chan lover
Mao literally come too late and having the less damage from the abyss (besides being stabbed) is honestly will be one of many gripes I would have to this title once the credits roll.

But 1 more chapter

Dex-chan lover
  • final chapter
  • reiji commits unalive with nagi
  • fade to black
  • next page, some girl is reading a novel
  • title is "Boy's Abyss"
  • written by "Chako", most likely a penname
  • she speaks
  • "It truly is a boy's abyss..."
  • closes novel
  • end
cover1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
  • final chapter
  • reiji commits unalive with nagi
  • fade to black
  • next page, some girl is reading a novel
  • title is "Boy's Abyss"
  • written by "Chako", most likely a penname
  • she speaks
  • "It truly is a boy's abyss..."
  • closes novel
  • end
cover1.jpg
Ideal scenario:

5 pages for Yuuko and Akira's cremations
5 pages for Reiji and Nagi's suicide.
5 pages for Chako's epilogue
And 5 for Yuri's epilogue.

The ending of the novel is taking the "going to the ocean thing" into a more positive end. Instead of unaliving themselves, the novel has them escaping to a seaside town. Chako goes to breath some fresh air after finishing the manuscript and seems to have seen Reiji and Nagi in the horizon, but happened (either) they actually weren't there (or were younger kids with similar facial features). She finally let Reiji's memory go with that book.

Yuri's end is her in jail reading a letter Reiji sent to her the same day he parted ways with his mom, explaining his reasons to die, and apologizing for breaking a promise he can't be able to own up, and no matter if he tried to live, he was not gonna get anything. Apologizes and tells her life wasn't purposeless in the end and she can now act like a proper adult now that he is gone. Yuri breaks down and apologizes to Reiji's soul, realizing it was her selfish obsession with him living no matter what that pushed him to death. Promises that if she gets spared from jailtime, she'll strive to live a right (not righteous) life. She begins to write a letter to Masami Segawa (the alias Kazu used).

Dex-chan lover
Reiji has gaslighted the readers since the beginning, thinking he will die, that I'm sure he won't die, lol.

As others have said, the true main (and interesting) characters have been Akira and Yuko. Reiji and the others have been boring, tbh.

Ryo's art has been really good, though.

Dex-chan lover
No, Yuko tells Esemori that he's come back to the town 3 times now.
1) Pretending to be Esemori's relative (which conceived Reiji)
2) At the start of the Story
3) RIght now as he is dying

Esemori reacts the way he does because he thought that Yuko didn't recognise him the first time. Hence Esemori really is Reiji's father

Uncle is part of the trafficking because he uses the same name that one of the director calls Nagi by in the page with sexual assault speech bubbles.
Ah okay Esemori makes sense. But couldn't Haru just be her real name?

One translation says "thats not my name" the other says "that's not my name anymore." Doesn't it just confirm she was trafficked not that he did it? I can't even remember what chapter that was.

Double-page supporter
"Sensei, Reiji and Nagi want to commit suicide lover again"🗣️

At this point I don’t even believe they are gonna die anymore. Or are they? I wanna believe the author will do a 180, what the hell, why not. Why can’t we have a nice and coherent ending??? Whyyyyy, in comparison, Himegoto looks like a masterclass in ending a story.

I admit tho, I am really eager to see the last chapter, just to get it over with. Thank God Chako escaped this
The Mao thing was actually quite disappointing. He should have come in earlier than this. But I also feel it’s fitting? Especially since Nagi herself chose to ignore his existence and not blame him so it makes sense that he is not such a big part rather a boogeyman or a myth that started everything. What an evil son of a bitch. “I love my wife and she loves me”, she wouldn’t love you after knowing what you did ya wanker
People like this need violence, hope Yuri stabs him and goes to jail. At least she’ll do something of use instead of sniffing the tail of her student and being pathetic

Ah okay Esemori makes sense. But couldn't Haru just be her real name?

One translation says "thats not my name" the other says "that's not my name anymore." Doesn't it just confirm she was trafficked not that he did it? I can't even remember what chapter that was.
He was the one who did, obviously. I don’t know why that is debatable anymore. She was living with him when she was a child. We have hard proof that she was in adult work when underage so one plus one equals Mao is one sick f. When he finds his wife and wants out he even tells her to shut up because this “past” of his using her to make money would be bad for him. She has all those names as stage names. It’s a fact by this point he was the one who got her into child p and exploited her to make money.

Users who are viewing this thread