Boy's Abyss - Ch. 183 - They Were the Boys and Girls of That Town

Dex-chan lover
You can only be disappointed if you had expectations in the first place

After almost 200 chapters of trashy drama y'all expected a "good/better" ending? Skill issue LMAO

I'm just relieved its finally over, with Nagi having a (implied) happy ending

oh yeah and since nobody has said it yet, timeskip Chako cute :smugnako:

Dex-chan lover
Is it bad I wish it had a depressing ending than this ending? It feels SO UNFINISHED. What happened to Yuko? What was Nagi's real name? I know it was Haru BUT I WANTED TO HEAR IT FROM HER MOUTH. What does older Nagi look like? What does older Reiji look like? Did sensei get a new pet named Mao? Did Mao get punished for his crimes on SELLING HIS UNDERAGED NIECE? When is the mom gonna die? She was basically a cockroach that just would. not. die. I wasted my time with this hot mess but damn was it enjoyable with Chako.... Gen became a good character too. Need more manga that treats bisexuals like its normal instead of using their sexuality as a plot device.

Dex-chan lover
Happy that Esemori can see that his son escaped the abyss. Wonder what happened to his mother. Thanks for all of your hard work scan team!!!

Double-page supporter
thanks for the hard work and finishing the translation guys... u did a great job 👍

Fed-Kun's army
Yo what was that ending? Did reiji die?(I've seen comments about page 23 but cmon man do better)

Anyway I'm honored to be witnessing this legendary ending. It has been terrible 😀

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely don't get why people think this ending was so terrible.
I'm just sad we don't know what happened to sensei.
She's kind of the (meme) face of this manga.
It's not the ending itself that was terrible, it's that 15 chapters of content was packed into 1, disrupting the pacing of the manga.
Given proper time to develop and sink in, the ending would have been fine.

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I think the OG plan was for Reiji and Nagi to commit suicide and Ms. Shiba to dispose of Mao, also no Reiji & Mother closure, as at that point in the story it was irrelevant, and have the epilogue be Chako and Gen's panels. That would have been a better ending anyway imo as this felt... wrong.

Either the author or the publisher didn't have the guts to kill off Nagi and Reiji, but given the story themes and setup, I'm guessing it was the publisher who made the decision to not kill them off.

IMHO, it's nigh impossible to give non-shounen manga with such heavy themes like this "satisfying endings", which is already the furthest thing from objectivity as it is. If you lower the 'mature themes' slider and raise the 'suspension of disbelief' slider, then you instantly find yourself much closer to that 'the end of Naruto'-type catharsis. Accessibility is name of the game; you lose a bit of it when the plot starts hitting close to home, thus discourse. Confusion, ire, mid, etc.

...well all that and author's intent, but it's not like we can really factor that in much unless one personally reads every interview the man has done just to get into his head, lol. That's a psychotic level of critique I don't have the will to do, so the first paragraph will be my two cents.

Dex-chan lover
Boy's Abyss downfall needs to be studied.

So much potential at the start but the author fell down on his own abyss of shit writing. Really disappointing series.

Edit: This series makes me respect Goodnight Punpun and The Flowers of Evil more.

Last edited:
Wtf is this, how is reiji, nagi, yuuko conditions. Why are they only showed up that Esemori grave, what about the others

After 183 chap ours boy are now free of pain and depression, even if on dead or alive, I wish for him and Nagi à overflow happiness, Isemori that man was until the end a very coward humain.

Thanks for all, I have leaned something very important here, live is short and we have to live on the way of no have much regret latter.

Users who are viewing this thread