Boy's Abyss - Ch. 183 - They Were the Boys and Girls of That Town

Double-page supporter
rarely been as disappointed by an ending as much as with this one. not only is it rushed considering we were on the verge of a murder literally two chapters ago, but it barely gave any character a proper closure. what happened to Rei and Nagi? when tf did Gen get married while in jail? why and how did Yuko end up in jail? so so many unresolved stuff that’s been left open, feels like the manga was axed. especially as someone who absolutely loves the character of Yuko, I’m underwhelmed by the way her character was “ended”. Would’ve been way more satisfying to let her die after actually giving her a moment of closure and resolution with Reiji as a proper mother for once instead of acting completely out of character, yelling around and telling him to leave town. Maybe I’ll get used to it on a third or fourth read someday, though I don’t really see that happening

Dex-chan lover
rarely been as disappointed by an ending as much as with this one. not only is it rushed considering we were on the verge of a murder literally two chapters ago, but it barely gave any character a proper closure. what happened to Rei and Nagi? when tf did Gen get married while in jail? why and how did Yuko end up in jail? so so many unresolved stuff that’s been left open, feels like the manga was axed. especially as someone who absolutely loves the character of Yuko, I’m underwhelmed by the way her character was “ended”. Would’ve been way more satisfying to let her die after actually giving her a moment of closure and resolution with Reiji as a proper mother for once instead of acting completely out of character, yelling around and telling him to leave town. Maybe I’ll get used to it on a third or fourth read someday, though I don’t really see that happening
Asking why Yuko ended up in jail is not a fault of the ending, you just didn't pay attention to certain scenes. Gen revealed that Yuko provoked him into murdering her husband. The police never took action because Yuko was hospitalized at the time.

Gen did not get married in jail. This is not even hinted at.

Reiji is shown in the chapter. He is the person in the truck. Ryou also drew a final color page for an older him and Nagi by the beach, but I'm not sure if that was part of the chapter itself.

How did it go from them telling each other they're going to the ocean to them living in the mountains???

L ending

Well ... that was not a satisfying end at all. Like, we don't even really know what happened to 90% of the characters and were just left guessing. Oh well i guess

Aggregator gang
We don't know what happend to reijis mom. What happend to reiji and aoi. Reiji other family. The teacher and Mao. This is rushed

Double-page supporter
Asking why Yuko ended up in jail is not a fault of the ending, you just didn't pay attention to certain scenes. Gen revealed that Yuko provoked him into murdering her husband. The police never took action because Yuko was hospitalized at the time.

Gen did not get married in jail. This is not even hinted at.

Reiji is shown in the chapter. He is the person in the truck. Ryou also drew a final color page for an older him and Nagi by the beach, but I'm not sure if that was part of the chapter itself.
merely claiming that you were provoked into a murder without evidence isn’t enough of a reason to end up in jail. And Gen literally says he has a wife WHILE LEAVING JAIL

Dex-chan lover
This ending was so unsatisfying and without closure that i just fucking forgot the series was over. Saw it mentioned elsewhere and had to come back to remind myself. Glad the comments provided some enlightenment, and i hope the epilogue delivers… something, at the very least.

Only mad at the ending because I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of melodrama. What now?
Try Saihate ni Madou - it’s not exactly weekly, but holy shit is there melodrama.

Fed-Kun's army
So Reiji is Esemori son confirmed now?

or Esemori just messing with Yuko on the answer.

Double-page supporter
Just found out this dumpster fire ended, so i came back.

I dont get it. Wtf going on lmao.

Ok so I'm glad Nagi and Reiji ended up happy and not y'know, dead. I'd have still preferred to actually see them being happy instead of just a mention in the epilogue ngl. Still, it's sad to see one of my favorite series go regardless of how good was the ending. Thanks to everyone in the scan and Team Sensei til the end!!!

PS: Sensei wasn't mentioned in the epilogue so can I presume she killed Mao and skipped town?
Apparently there is an epilogue chapter in volume 18

Fed-Kun's army
Any word on the release date if volume 18?
Edit: just saw it's going to be released 18 October?

Last edited:
Wow so this is how it ends?? It could have been such a great ending but they fked it up.. could have atleast made chako visit Rei and nago's grave instead of esemori?? or could have made another chapter after this showing them jump off or something

What even happened to his mother? What happened to the other characters??? this shit was so rushed.. enjoyed reading this manga though

Users who are viewing this thread