Boy's Abyss - Vol. 15 Ch. 149 - Downfall

Dex-chan lover
This came out of nowhere, doesn't feel natural..
And here I thought we gonna get some peace and quiet a for a few chapter...

But no the insanity keeps going

Dex-chan lover
Since this manga is a never ending abyss, I take it that sensei will get preggers and Nagi and Reiji will unalive together and the cycle will continue with Reiji’s kid having to live through the same abyss over and over again.

Dex-chan lover
It was surprising that he said goodbye to her and showed her out the door.
I agree that he doesn't care and just wants to bang, but given that's what he wants, it makes more sense for him to make the first move rather than say goodbye to her. For all he knew she might have actually gone home and then it might be weeks before he gets another opportunity.
If he just wanted sexo then imo it would be more realistic if he made the move first.
Reiji has zero motivations. He only does what other people want from him. So when sensei comes to him saying she loves him, he knows what she wants from him and just like he has for everyone else, he gives her what she wants from him. Reiji doesn’t care about anything, including sex. He’s a fish in a tank, just floating around and doing what is expected from him. He’s at the mercy of everyone.

Sorry guys , still can't carry myself to like her .. She got scary level of obsession and curiosity that was one of the reasons why our boy is suffering now she sticks her nose in alot of non of her business ...I really hope he shut her down some how

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I'm sorry but no. This absolutely did not come out of nowhere.
This manga is intentionally trying to force you to analyze the characters intentions, motivations, and mental state.
If you ignore that and take everything at face value, than most things will seem forced.

But Reiji's personality has been through a lot of changes and he's just given up, becoming what he was in the beginning just with more awareness about his family and friends, so he's either doing 1 of 2 things here.
1. He's just doing what others want from him to avoid further pain (Like in the beginning, bur for somewhat different reasons).
2. He's intentionally doing this to prove a point and/or get her out of the way.
This came out of nowhere, doesn't feel natural..
And here I thought we gonna get some peace and quiet a for a few chapter...

But no the insanity keeps going

Dex-chan lover
So, Reiji became Yuko after all.

That sad and empty gaze. The fear for abandonment, for loneliness.

Yuri, imo, is fucked tho. Reiji's ED will be the 1st issue, 2nd. If in the most remote case, Nagi is already in The Town and went to pick her phone, she will realize Reiji was calling her all these times. Reiji doesn't know Nagi couldn't talk with him because Yuri stole her phone.

So, in this case, if Reiji sees the incoming call... it may be enough to give his eyes a lil bit of spark... but in the same time, Shiba will show her most raw and primal self and do the impossible to prevent such an encounter. If Ishibashi gets notified Yuri went to the Kuroses, or if he overhears Nagi talking with Reiji, he may be set in action too, and make Yuri's closure more scandalous than expected. Consider Yuri, hypocritically offering a lovers suicide or wanting to pull a fire because if i can't have Reiji, then nobody can.

Also, the 3rd one may be the most evident paradox: Gen and Chako wanted to die with Reiji/using Reiji as a revenge against Esemori by dying with Yuko's son. Yuri wants to live her repressed teenage years at its fullest, and Reiji embodying Yuko's will may make it easier, but she may be the 1st one who could die due to a very simple paradox.

Maaaan, at this point, Reiji seriously needs to talk with Nagi. They have reached rock bottom. Her not minding doing JAVs shows she just doesn't care about anything and will go with the flow. Here, Reiji went with the flow, just like his mom after being rejected and ashamed by Esemori (something he regretted on his deathbed), he isn't caring about anything.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Rei will just cling to any form of affection he can get at this point but as much as I love both characters they really shouldn't be together it can only end badly for both.

Users who are viewing this thread