Boy's Abyss - Vol. 4 Ch. 34 - Return

Dex-chan lover
The only one who deserves death here is Rei's brother. although we still haven't heard his side of the story
also I'm still convinced that my theory is correct: this town is purgatory and the only way out is that bridge jump. I never thought I'd say this but I think group suicide is becoming more and more likely

HES GONNA FUCK HIS OWN MOM LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

When I tried to kill myself way back when, my mom said that she would kill herself if I committed suicide.

So seeing her say that is REALLLLLY powerful, at least for me it is.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman (I'll be honest, I didn't know last chapter was released so I was confused reading this, but now that I've reread both of them, it makes sense how we got from sensei in her room to here)

I think this actually does imply that the author is the main character's father, given how she seems to exude behaviors similar to Nagi.

It's also implied the mother views as the lynchpin of the family and that if he was gone, she wouldn't have anything left to look forward to with what remains given her other son is bipolar and explosive, her mother is on the verge of death, and she's still prostituting herself to Gen's father to protect Reiji. If Reiji is gone after all she sacrificed, she wouldn't have anything left to live for and so wants him to be the one thing that she can say that she contributed to the world.

It's also interesting how she goes immediately from sadness to anger when she changes the topic and brings up the teacher. I think her experiences with dealing with abuse and sexual predators- if the author is truly the father and if Gen's father is anything to go by- that she can tell if someone is just using you for their own emotional satisfaction. It's clear that the teacher only wants to date Rei because she's desperate to get pregnant and to get married so she can look good in the eyes of her family and society, and that she wants to take advantage of Rei's emotional vulnerability and psychological instability due to the confusion he's going through. The fact his mother hits the nail on the head with detecting that Yuri gave him a key to her house back and is using him indicates she's got a lot of experience with this situation and is much more observant than she's letting on, and probably knows that he's been abused by Gen and that he has been interacting with the author.

That last panel with Yuri's face is very ominous, and I don't like the implications of it.

Everything just gets pilled on; Making it harder.. and harder... and harder for him to leave

Feels like in the end Rei will die. But he will do it in a way that there will be a chain reaction that somehow fix everyone's lives to the right path

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
Im pretty sure author isn't his father because it was said that mother is sleeping with MC friend's father to pay him for his help with kicking MC's father out of town(it was mentioned that MC father was using violence)
e1fba8721a03c051292b2b5b54433df7.png

and also MC would know how his father look like, unless that wasn't his real father
so there is always a possibility for author to be his real father but i doesn't look like it for me

Dex-chan lover
The mother went from probably-not-ok, trought ok-but-burdened, then maybe-ok, but ended on definitely-not-ok. And the teacher is about to do something crazy, isn't she?

Dex-chan lover
@Hejti I think the fact he doesn't know this story indicates he may not remember what his father looked like, and that we know the author only now just came back to the town after a long absence does match Gen's story.

Alternatively the person Gen is referring to may not be the author (the timeline's sketchy so we don't know how long ago this was, so it may be the author was his dad but he was just an infant or toddler so wouldn't remember) and is just his stepfather or someone who would seem to be his father. Remember, the mother recognizes the author and tells him to stay away from him and the author comes to visit his mother not realizing that Rei is there, so we know they have at least some history.

There is no way "it" will happen right, no fucking way... I hope it's just my dirty mind that makes me think that way

Users who are viewing this thread