Brother for Rent

@gilangksynope, if you have something like anity you can read the rest of the raws, seems like the series has ended already there

Dex-chan lover
It was touching at first but the story just drags on and the little girl is treated like a punching bag well past the point of what's acceptable. I think badly of the rest of the cast for standing on the sidelines.

Honestly im happy someone even is trying to get her out of that household.

Also anyone saying the characters arent acting realistic. No one, literally no one, but me took in my cousin after she said my uncle was raping her; in fact alot of my family hates me for helping my cousin and adopting her.

99% of people just wont take that extra step to truly ensure that someone is safe. Which in my opinion makes this manga better then others that try to tackle this topic.

Kept crying reading through the chapters, thought it would be cute and happy and was not ready for this

@BaroDrinksBeer this was out of topic, so I'll use spoiler tag
thats a wonderful thing you do there! You might be just save a life! Many domestic violence just keep buried. :(
I have this uncle of mine who's like to grope me around while joking and smiling when I was a kid. I feel uncomfortable but because he was smiling like nothing happen, I also thought that was nothing, until I go to college and realised what it was.

So thankyou for adopting her. :)

@BaroDrinksBeer What you did was truly wonderful my friend. Despite knowing your family would hate you for what you did you chooses to help your cousin and i see no wrong intention in that. I hope one day they would realize or understand the action you did.

Yeh, I don’t like it, everything’s too convenient. It doesn’t really feel like a story, rather it feels like a lesson for us, the readers, it’s trying to teach something and forcing things on the manga. While I respect that, I don’t like it. Yeh, you could say that a lot of manga teaches you lessons and changes you, yeh, that’s happened to me, but not as in your face as this.

Dex-chan lover
I liked this at first but then it started to feel too... preachy? In your face about the "lessons" that the characters, especially the children, don't feel realistic.

Goddam onion cutting ninjas, get out of my house! On a side note, I hope this isn't the last chapter. It says its completed, but you need to give it a proper ending.

They should celebrate the happy ending by dancing on their parents' graves, then it will be 10/10 from me.

preachy as all hell, remember folks secure your own face mask first in a plane before you help your neighbors with theirs.

please tell me this is not the last chapter. i know this has been a roller coaster ride but i need mangas who can make me cry. 😭😭

That ending left a head aftertaste... I'm just annoyed at how everything gets forgiven because of flashbacks and accidents...

I really loved how kanami and makoto managed to help each other heal from the same pain they felt. I did find the emotional development well written but the resolution was hurried. The only thing I would've changed is
the ending. I wish it would've shown them cleaning the house, her brother in therapy and cooking for her again or making sure she has an umbrella or playing, and all of them hanging out with kanami and kazutaka. I'm glad they managed to break through that wall but it would have been more satisfying with the addition of some flash forward shots of kazutaka improving and kanami thriving.

if I were to change the ending it would've been makoto moving in with kanami and her brother to help them start a new life, of course I would like to see misuzu getting her dream of being together with makoto but that's a different genre hehe

this is one of the saddest i've read in a while. it really made me cry and i'm glad in the end her brother was able to make up with her.

Users who are viewing this thread