Buta Koushaku ni Tensei Shitakara, Kondo wa Kimi ni Suki to Iitai - Vol. 8 Ch. 46

Fed-Kun's army
The first is "Ori of The Dragon Chain" and the other is "Apparently, Disillusioned Adventurers Will Save the World"
Both manga got axed, while the "Save the world" manga does somewhat have a "Closure" with many of the main plot covered before axed, the ending is still abrupt. But at least it got an Anime and covered a bit where the manga ends
"Dragon Chain" is the biggest offense for an Axed manga. The story ended with nothing resolved and the rest of the stuff is in the WN only. If you have read the Manga and want to read the WN version...fair warning
The WN is seriously just...Horrible. The story keeps dragging on and on with MC keep being a total pussy about his power eventhough many people he cared for was already in danger because he hesitated because "I Afraid I go out of control" and the story just repeats that same formula again and again. I dropped it right after MC reconcile with his ex GF as if nothing big happened between them and everyone like just Ok with it
Thx for the heads up with Ori because if i would have found it without knowing this i would be pretty pissed now, saved me there

What a great story I wish it had more, but atleast it had a proper ending and I'm thankfully for that. 12:06 5 juli

Certainly seemed like a sudden end, but I have to admit it felt like they were really dragging their feet getting anywhere with the story

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't call it "Mediocre"

Fundamental? Low Risk? By The Book? Yeah

I wouldn't call it Mediocre though, it did a good enough job with the pacing and story beats to keep from just being dropped by translators and readers alike.
Mid or Average also fits... but I think people take those 2 words as a negative connotation instead of a neutral one. But yeah Mediocre is something that falls (ever so slightly)below the "midpoint" of "average" so it doesn't fit to describe this series as "Mediocre".

Dex-chan lover
Been a while since the start of this series but Imma just ask.

Shuuya is the supposed "hero" of the story MC got isekai'd into right? And Charlotte was supposed to be the main heroine for Shuuya. Was Alicia supposed to be the villainess or something? If so kinda neat that the pairings got scrambled around.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't call it "Mediocre"

Fundamental? Low Risk? By The Book? Yeah

I wouldn't call it Mediocre though, it did a good enough job with the pacing and story beats to keep from just being dropped by translators and readers alike.
If something's by the book imo it's by definition mediocre. Otherwise it could be either bad or good. It didn't do much wrong but it barely did anything right or worth of note either, so mediocre is a good description. About a 6/10 i'd say.

The best part of the manga was the protagonist and how far he was willing to go for Charlotte, but Charlotte herself is a boring heroine devoid of personality, to the point even the tsundere former fiancee ended up being way more interesting than her, that hurt it a lot.

Dex-chan lover
If something's by the book imo it's by definition mediocre. Otherwise it could be either bad or good. It didn't do much wrong but it barely did anything right or worth of note either, so mediocre is a good description. About a 6/10 i'd say.

The best part of the manga was the protagonist and how far he was willing to go for Charlotte, but Charlotte herself is a boring heroine devoid of personality, to the point even the tsundere former fiancee ended up being way more interesting than her, that hurt it a lot.
"By definition" mediocre means below average so that would put it at 4/10. Average is literally a more "common" word and aptly fits a 5/10 kind of series.

Dex-chan lover
"By definition" mediocre means below average so that would put it at 4/10. Average is literally a more "common" word and aptly fits a 5/10 kind of series.
mediocre

mē″dē-ō′kər

adjective​

1. Of ordinary or undistinguished quality. synonym: average.
  2. Of a middle quality; of but a moderate or low degree of excellence; indifferent; ordinary.
  3. Ordinary: not extraordinary; not special, exceptional, or great; of medium quality;

Dex-chan lover
mediocre

mē″dē-ō′kər

adjective​

1. Of ordinary or undistinguished quality. synonym: average.
  2. Of a middle quality; of but a moderate or low degree of excellence; indifferent; ordinary.
  3. Ordinary: not extraordinary; not special, exceptional, or great; of medium quality;
Dictionary definition doesn't really usually "separate" the degree of emotion(that people imply) similar words have so in most cases mediocre falls into the negatives(aka just barely below the midpoint)... at least as far as I've seen the word is used. Funnily enough "average" kinda lost it's meaning too since any shows that are at 7/10 to 8/10 are the ones considered as "average" or "mid".

Dex-chan lover
Aww yeah swag ass ending lmao I'm just happy I got a confession at all, and MC's actions changing Slow's fate even in the anime is frankly goated.

The series as a whole I'd say was a little verbose, with not the most exciting events taking place but I'm just happy I got to see Slow's development and his efforts paying off.

Dex-chan lover
Well... huh.
Okay, I guess? That's certainly one way to end a series... ¯\(ツ)

Yanno, I proofread a lot of this series, and if you guys want me to do that in the future for any of yourother titles, please let me know....

Cos these last two chapters really could've benefited from a good proofreader.

Dex-chan lover
I like this manga. It started strong initially, then it gets hard to follow during the traitor knight story. The translation is pretty rough there. But then it gets better and the story picks up again to the finale. I really enjoyed it.

Thank you for everyone involved with the translation/scanlation.

Reincarnated as White Pig Noble's Daughter
Reincarnated as White Pig Noble's Daughter reboooot
Is one with a female protag vaguely along those lines. For whatever reason the original manga went on hiatus and was cancelled and a reboot of the story replaced it shortly after that. Very strange.

All in all, I think this is the first time I've seen an isekai manga finish with a reasonable ending point. Clearly there is more story after this, but it works well as a closure point and makes it clear the leads have gotten closer together. And it intentionally leaves you wanting more ... hence enticing you to seek out the rest of the novels. Fine to me.

Page 19: Go, Alicia! Don't give up!

P.S. I don't think the ending was rushed at all. It's more like a cut-off but somehow axed series, and more like they halted the adaptation of this manga.

I really love and appreciate this translation because I love this series. I actually felt sorry for not reading such an amazing series such as this because the MC was fat, this series' priority was lesser than those REAL isekai trash.

Anyway, overall, it still looks like the story has yet to end, so I'm still hoping, like always, to have a sequel for this series in the near future.

I will pretty much miss the MC's fat physique, it's somehow unique to read his kind of character inside a body such as that.

Another P.S.
He didn't get laid, right?
He didn't laid his hands on Charlotte, right?
He got smacked real hard by our wonderful, cute catto, right?
Man, I want more cats like that.
I'm still curious to many things like why is the dragon getting weaker, as well as the cat getting weaker... I really want to know but honestly, I don't want nor need spoilers... I need story. Just reading a spoiler is pointless anyway.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I personally thought for a second when he mentioned "storing up" the magic for the dragon, that the real Slow had been using his body as a mana storage vessel the whole time for a bit there (and why he actually got fat, storing mana for use to save Charlotte in a critical situation, and MC just wasn't aware because the anime never revealed that...imo that'd be a bit clever tbh).

Anyhow, I just like when the MC actually confesses. It bumps any mediocre/average/mid series to "good/objectively above average" imo just for not leaving that trope to the end just to make the herbivore readers not get self-conscious of their own lacking. :kek: I'll take this ending with a summary of the other bits of plot just fine.

Hikkimori Princess not going to let Slow get away and Charlotte will have to fend her off with a forest's worth of wooden spoons so I can just wrap it up thinking of that sort of plot instead with amusement. :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Been a while since the start of this series but Imma just ask.

Shuuya is the supposed "hero" of the story MC got isekai'd into right? And Charlotte was supposed to be the main heroine for Shuuya. Was Alicia supposed to be the villainess or something? If so kinda neat that the pairings got scrambled around.
Shuuya was the MC of the story, cocky, bit narcissistic playboy who won over Alicia that had early engagement with Slow and Charlotte left Slow's side too to join Shuuya harem as he was mistreating her badly, being even more abusive to her clumsy nature and low self-esteem.

Thank you very much for continuing the scanlation to the end, very much appreciated!

It was a nice story, had me going for quite a while, Slow determination to "fix" his physique was interesting take, usually isekaied people either start as average or jacked and him struggling was a fresh take.

It's a shame he forgot to help Charlotte to grow more by actually supporting her, like his kohai who grew not only in character but overall power. I really hated that flaw in him.

It was extremely sweet to see the struggling shy confession of Slow and Charlotte seeing through it, making a real first step in their relationship. That hand touch was cute as fuck at the end.

Wish someone would pick this story up from that point.

Overall, it's a solid 8/10.

Thank you again for scanlation!

Users who are viewing this thread