Call of the Night - Vol. 17 Ch. 169 - Keep That to Yourself

Dex-chan lover
You know... I can respect that the guy at least can take the L respectfully, he really gave the vibe that he would be obnoxious when rejected, but even during the date he was pretty chill... but the sibling zoning was brutal XD.

And the date did serve for something, after all that happened Nazuna was confused too on how to deal with the feeling that she already had and the one that she developed during the ordeal, having a little perspective helped.

Double-page supporter
Nazuna really getting that * family, doesn't she.
I wanted to write something into *, but i don't really know what, belongingness, familiarity, rapport? That thing where everybody knows you and likes you enough to fit around you, rather than you fitting into.

Dex-chan lover
yeah i mean after everything that just happened, her falling in love with him actually seems like a bad thing. i'm sure there's a workaround the author has up their sleeve but i don't think this is really a "hell yeah" moment.

Dex-chan lover
yeah i mean after everything that just happened, her falling in love with him actually seems like a bad thing. i'm sure there's a workaround the author has up their sleeve but i don't think this is really a "hell yeah" moment.

Thankfully! We kinda left the romance subplot alone for a long-ass-while.

it was sol and drama, but we are so back. This is the 3rd callback to ch1

ch1: Kou gets a beer Nazuna introduction

anime end ch: they meet again, Nazuna agrees that she will try to fall in love too

and one now, the true love realisation. Thanks kotoyama, you never fail to entertain me you fucker.

Dex-chan lover
Thankfully! We kinda left the romance subplot alone for a long-ass-while.

it was sol and drama, but we are so back. This is the 3rd callback to ch1

ch1: Kou gets a beer Nazuna introduction

anime end ch: they meet again, Nazuna agrees that she will try to fall in love too

and one now, the true love realisation. Thanks kotoyama, you never fail to entertain me you fucker.
i get you and i agree but i mean we just had a whole arc culminate with the knowledge that a vampire will die/potentially kill someone else if they suck the blood of someone they love which is why i don't think this is necessarily a victorious moment. that's to say, i don't think we're done with "drama" quite yet.

Dex-chan lover
i dont know how to interpret this but i think she just realized she was in love with him for a while now

Dex-chan lover
I was talking with a friend of mine about this a few weeks ago, and he had a feeling that this manga was gonna end soon. The whole subnarrative with Mahiru began a few chapters in, so it would make a certain amount of narrative sense to end the story not long after its conclusion. And it certainly feels like it's positioning itself that way.

Kou got some painful life experience that made him grow.
Kyouko got her closure.
Nazuna resolved the tension with Haruka and realized she loved Kou, all in one stroke. They could delve more into the history of vampires but they don't have to, really.

Personally, my schizo theory is that Kou will end up becoming a detective like Kyouko. That way, he won't risk Nazuna's life and he can still share the night with her. I think he said "if I don't become a vampire, I could become a detective" in the chapter where they were hunting the peeper at the maid cafe. I thought that was foreshadowing for the detective arc, but it'd be so kino if it was actually foreshadowing his own path.

All that's really left to resolve is if they can make their relationship work. And maybe there's a plot thread there, where they try and find out if consummating their relationship will kill her. But maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread