Calling All Scanlators: Join the MangaDex Crew Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested in the Proofreader position, if somebody else hasn't scooped it up already. I've got a BA in English and an MA in Teaching, plus I was a writing tutor for 2 solid years, so I'd wager I'm experienced enough for the gig.

-KnoFear

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Wow, guys! I honestly didn't expect this kind of reaction. It's looking like we'll be able to form an additional team or two out of everyone who is interested if our interviewing process goes well.

Thank you all so much for your support and enthusiasm. Remember, we'll keep this thread open a little while longer ( a week might be too long) before we compile lists of interested parties and begin interviews.

Hello! I know that these must be the most requested positions, but I could be a typesetter or a proofreader! I write as sort of a hobby, and I’m good at catching grammatical and formatting errors.

I don’t have any experience with manga itself aside from reading it, but I’ve wanted to become more involved with the community for some time now and this seems like a good way to do so. But whatever you decide, thank you for your consideration!

Group Leader
Maybe interested as Cleaner, which project are u planning to pick up ?

Group Leader
I would be interested in translation of manhua from Chinese - English
I have good grammar and I understand the importance of the English translation being fitting and "unawkward-sounding" while preserving the author's original intention, even if this means disregarding direct translation at times.

I can translate pretty quickly.
My main project is the Law of the Yama: https://mangadex.org/title/21656/the-law-of-the-yama.

Thank you for your consideration! ♥

Group Leader
Proofreader:
English (American) as a 1st (and only) language
3+ years proofreading Japanese and Korean webtoons

Cleaning and redrawing color webtoons only (I suck at b&w):
3+ years cleaning and redrawing Japanese and Korean webtoons

Have worked on projects with Cheesy Scans, Café Scanlation, amplified, UMR Scans, Niina's World and Mystic Scanlations. Projects can be found on my website fredfriendly.com.

I'm interested in becoming a proofreader. I have no experience in anything related to photoshop or Japanese in general but I feel I have a decent knowledge of the English language.
Also I have enough free time to put into proofreading everything.
No previous experience worth mentioning though.

Anyways I'm fluent in both English and Dutch, though I doubt Dutch will be of much help here haha.

Group Leader
Hi, I'd be interested in doing translating (Korean to English), typesetting, and proofreading. I can post things I've done/worked on before, if you'd like to see. I have about a solid year of experience. I work fairly quickly.

Dex-chan lover
Hello, in case you still need assistance (which doesn't seem likely seeing the amount of applicants :p) I have some skill at redrawing and typesetting, and will gladly help finishing scanlating any abandoned projects.
Also a thank you for starting this project, it might give a nice second wind to some neat black horses that got lost in time

Miku best girl
Admin
Thanks for all the interest so far!

We will move onto the next phase of recruitment shortly, which means contacting all the interested Translators and seeing how many end up joining. We will then look at the other roles.

In the meantime, please carry on expressing your interest!

Aggregator gang
I'd be happy to volunteer as a proofreader.

As a plus, I can also understand Japanese to a certain extent, so in the process of proofreading I can, at the same time, check the translation and make sure that any proofreading modifications I might make will appropriately match the original Japanese.

With that said, I have to admit I'm not a master of JP, which is why I won't apply as a translator. Sometimes, I'll come across a bit of Japanese, whether a Kanji, a word, or grammatical construction that I don't recognize. But when that happens, I'm usually able to figure it out by looking it up online.

I'm interested in the translator role for Japanese to English translation.
I haven't had much experience doing translating, but I have a JLPT N1 qualification that I acquired earlier this year to vouch for my capability.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@FredFriendly
Oversight.

Long story short, none of the staff aside from @ixlone have any experience being involved in running a scanlation group. We are going back and forth trying to decide the best way to begin the group.

At present, I believe we're going to interview translators, define how large the team will be, create standard definitions of the roles so everyone knows what they're signing up for, and then interview for those positions.

Group Leader
Mod Edit: As I've told others in this thread, this is not the place to advertise either your wares or your group. We've afforded you an entire subforum to advertise.

Group Leader
Heya! I'd be interested in the Typesetter or Proofreader roles. I can also do Translating, however it would have to be a slice of life-ish manga, and nothing with too much technical jargon (i.e. no mafia or medical manga).
I run a lil group called Cloudy Scans and I do everything there myself (except for cleaning in two or three chapters), so you can see samples of my work here: https://mangadex.org/group/4506/cloudy-scans
I only started this year, but I've improved a decent amount and am keen to keep learning ^^

I’d like to apply for proofreader ?(by theway great idea) keep up it MD

Hello! I'd like to apply for a position as Typesetter and/or QCer. I've helped out several small groups in the past, and would love to take the interview/test.

Thank you guys!

Contributor
I'm on my third year of Japanese at a local university and I'm interested in being a translator/proofreader. Though I can even do redrawing in a pinch. I haven't done any actual scanlating so far, but I've done a lot of translations on Danbooru and I'm fairly proud of my work there. I'm especially good at noticing common mistranslations and I'm privy on a lot of pop culture refs and idioms that stump most other translators.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2839028

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1841011 (full chapter)
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1841022 (full chapter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread