Chainsaw Man - Ch. 172 - Bzzz! Boom! Chomp!

0ri

Double-page supporter
So... are they gonna notice the lack of ears or what. I forget if everyone forgets about that concept if he eats a devil/concept. Out of all the devils, he eats the Ear Devil lmao XD
not even makima managed to remember more than the name of the nazis, so most will forget pretty quickly

I think the goal here isn't to defeat CSM, but to confirm he can be used to fight Death. Which would perhaps mean Public safety and the Church are now working together? Not sure why PS wanted to prevent Denji from transforming earlier then, they either changed their minds and are going along with Fami's plan or they still somehow plan on subduing Pochitaman. Which I don't see the point of, unless they think they could defeat Death without CMS which is just silly and in that case, why run these tests on him?
I'm starting to believe that maybe we are in a self-fulfilling prophecy by the future devil misdirecting the public safety for his amusement. Are you telling me the biggest troll in Chainsaw Man is not present in a plot about the Nostradamus Prophecy?

The lack of info about the prophecy being told and public safety being persistent about prohibiting Denji from transforming into Chainsaw Man always felt weird. They had to have been informed by someone or something that allowing Denji to transform would put the prophecy into motion, right? But ironically I feel that was the thing in the first place that set the events into motion.

I can't help feeling like the future devil is dancing in the background giggling and chanting "The future is the best", while all the events are going according to his future foresight.

Dex-chan lover
Ain't no way we're gonna go through the entirety of part 2 with everyone deaf 😂

What's the Public Safety even planing bro. Fami cmon do something 😭
They just spoke even without ears so they're not totally deaf (so ear canals still exist I think), but it'd be cool if we can't see/hear their dialogue for a few chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
The whole devil logic is based on the fact that the more a devil is feared, the stronger it is. The chicken devil introduced at the beginning was nothing but a pet for a classroom. I don't see how ears can be scary (maybe the author is afraid of ear wax?) and how an ear devil can be so powerful to belong to a special division (well, they have been divided).

Double-page supporter
So, ear devil exists because we are often scared of sounds, that makes sense. If you eat it, the ability to hear sounds is gone.

Sooo, if he eats Famine, does it mean there will be no more hunger, or humans just won't feel hunger and would die of starvation / force the food down?

Dex-chan lover
That was Nayuta, she made Justice puke out Denji and Asa.
oh right... shieeeet :shamihuh:

I remember now, because she was controlling his brain... I don't know why I thought the fami affected the devil's stomach/taste buds. Probably because afterwards they both stood there talking about pizza.

Double-page supporter
Once again, Fujimoto wears his inspiration on his sleeve.
tumblr_inline_owwoh8NiUk1v7vlto_500.pnj

Users who are viewing this thread