Chainsaw Man - Ch. 172 - Bzzz! Boom! Chomp!

Dex-chan lover
I'm starting to believe that maybe we are in a self-fulfilling prophecy by the future devil misdirecting the public safety for his amusement. Are you telling me the biggest troll in Chainsaw Man is not present in a plot about the Nostradamus Prophecy?

The lack of info about the prophecy being told and public safety being persistent about prohibiting Denji from transforming into Chainsaw Man always felt weird. They had to have been informed by someone or something that allowing Denji to transform would put the prophecy into motion, right? But ironically I feel that was the thing in the first place that set the events into motion.

I can't help feeling like the future devil is dancing in the background giggling and chanting "The future is the best", while all the events are going according to his future foresight.
That's a very neat idea. Although if they were contracted with him, Future couldn't lie to them if the contract demanded he tell them the future. In any case, whatever is happening with Public Safety, I bet it has to do with Kishibe missing. Kishibe contracted with the Future devil would be cool.
super chainsaw man eats the boob devil and then everyone becomes flat chested
Why is this so hot? And Asa would love it
The whole devil logic is based on the fact that the more a devil is feared, the stronger it is. The chicken devil introduced at the beginning was nothing but a pet for a classroom. I don't see how ears can be scary (maybe the author is afraid of ear wax?) and how an ear devil can be so powerful to belong to a special division (well, they have been divided).
That division was just fodder, there's no indication they were strong. Plus, it wasn't necessarily the Ear devil itself, could have been a Fiend, which would have been useful even if weak because it's obedient.

Dex-chan lover
So... are they gonna notice the lack of ears or what. I forget if everyone forgets about that concept if he eats a devil/concept. Out of all the devils, he eats the Ear Devil lmao XD
Right? What about earring companies? Or producing earplugs? Or headphones? Or phones? Will they evaporate?

Will only humans lose their ears and what about animals?

Does this only affect the outer ear? What about the inner ear and the labyrinth responsible for balance... so many questions.

Dex-chan lover
Right? What about earring companies? Or producing earplugs? Or headphones? Or phones? Will they evaporate?

Will only humans lose their ears and what about animals?

Does this only affect the outer ear? What about the inner ear and the labyrinth responsible for balance... so many questions.
We really don't know if they'll just get Thanos snapped, or reality will be rewritten so that humans never had outer ears in the first place. This is the first time we (chain)saw Pochita Man eat a devil after all.

I have a feeling they're specific to human ears. I would super NOT mind if everyone gets animal ears, catgirls 4 lyfe whoooo!

It seems they can still h(ear) so I assume it's just the outer ear.

Dex-chan lover
exactly what i had thought, taking previous info into account. allegedly Fujimoto wants to write the story, not draw it
I hope it doesn't downgrade like in Hunter x Hunter.
It became a chore to "read" (tons of walls of text) after the Chimera Ant arc.

Double-page supporter
iu

edit: f me, other commenter already beat me to it

Users who are viewing this thread