Chainsaw Man - Vol. 11 Ch. 97 - Love, Love, Chainsaw.

@AltoClef

After all the unexplainable things that happen in this manga, you think Denji eating Makima is weird? What have you been reading?

I really can’t hate any of the characters in this series. Even if you don’t like the MC, the story alone is enough to keep reading. I can only agree with you that Power is probably the most likable character

He already slaughtered hell and all strong devils and is only part 1? Can't wait to see the meeting with Power, part 2 and the anime.

BRUH. THAT WAS *AN* ARC? christ you could end the story there and it would still be great. cant wait for more suffering

Fed-Kun's army
HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN

Maybe i am the weird one, but everyone is saying this was great? This was a joke, that's what it was.

I don't want to get controversial but from my point of view this is not great.

ah what a wild ride, seriously.
also, yay Denji goes to school now!!
sooo excited to see this animated & the character’s come to life

This and fire force have solidified my opnions on the mangaka

Great ideas, meh executions

His stories are certainly interesting, the characters themselves just leave me feeling kinda flat and lukewarm

The body count approached silly levels, literally everybody died, what's the point of ever caring for another side character again ?

Dex-chan lover
Waiting for weekly chapters was certainly better than speeding through multiple chapters after rereading, maybe that's where the difference in opinions lies, waiting and speculating in anticipation vs seeing the outcome sooner. Chainsaw Man felt more like a movie than reading a manga, especially with how deliberate Fujimoto was in using expressions from characters and their body language to convey things. Reading a second time around I've noticed how many panels Fujimoto sometimes goes without a dialogue box detailing all of a character's thoughts leading to their actions, which I think is the reason why some people had difficulty following the plot.

After getting off the hype-train and letting myself properly read with all chapters available, I would give PART ONE of Chainsaw Man an 8/10 score from my original 9/10. Part One would be the equivalent to Denji's superhero origin story, due to having had shaped his character and outlook on life while left future goals for him to accomplish and setting up characters who will inevitably return in the future: Power's reincarnation, Kobeni's unrevealed contracted devil, Yoshida's possible highschool encounter with Denji, Primordial Devils and the 4 Weapon Knights, the revived hybrids Quanxi, Katana, Reze, etc.

All in all I would say that when reading something from Tatsuki Fujimoto it is best to be reading it as it releases, he can certainly make events turn on its nose and having some time to process and settle it will help. Especially now that Part Two will be published on Manga Plus, giving him more freedom to do even more outrageous things he somehow got away with on SHOUNEN JUMP. Did I forget to mention Part Two will likely be a Highschool Arc?

Yoo wtf I NEED BEST GIRL POWER TO COME BACK MAN SHE NEEDS TO BE A WIFEE I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THAT BITCH I NEED POWERRRRRR

Users who are viewing this thread