Cheat Skill "Shisha Sosei" ga Kakusei Shite, Inishie no Maougun wo Fukkatsu Sasete Shimaimashita - Vol. 6 Ch. 29 - I'm so sorry

Dex-chan lover
Are we sure it's the ONLY limitation? That turbulence the witch found within him could be a building backlash from his skill's usage, or some other limitation; he may not truly be immortal after all.

This. Hell, the person you replied to even used "they" in such a case, here, for the TLers. The only real problem is the politicalization of the term (from people on both sides of center) causing people to resist the usage it had as a uncertain gender pronoun in the singular prior to about fifty to a hundred years ago when it was just... written out of the lexicon entirely by dictionary orthographists.

is just him getting kidnapped by the West Demon Lord.

imo Mizuki/Dorothy referring to dorothy's master with 'they' would be rather out of character since clearly those two would know the gender of the person in question.

Dex-chan lover
smeg

cZrHGtX.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
is just him getting kidnapped by the West Demon Lord.

imo Mizuki/Dorothy referring to dorothy's master with 'they' would be rather out of character since clearly those two would know the gender of the person in question.
Japanese people do it all the time, though. In fact there's a rather lengthy history of people translating uncertain pronouns in Japanese to male or female pronouns based on TLs' guesses that turned out incorrect, and they never bother going back and fixing their old errors.

Dex-chan lover
If you create traps to kill people, you're just as guilty.

He kicked her? While wielding a sword?

"Hey you disgusting inferiors non humans help us fight the demon lord we provoked and started shit with and who's only fighting us" - Human kingdom
Such wisdom. Can't imagine why anyone would reject just a gracious and just request.

You don't even need to edit the picture for the meme. It actually looks like it.

Dex-chan lover
If you create traps to kill people, you're just as guilty.
I got the impression that the "guilty feeling" she was trying to avoid is something more visceral and less moral, based on her inner monologue that the thing she would hate most is flying meat. That is to say, I think she's more worried about getting her hands dirty literally than figuratively.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese people do it all the time, though. In fact there's a rather lengthy history of people translating uncertain pronouns in Japanese to male or female pronouns based on TLs' guesses that turned out incorrect, and they never bother going back and fixing their old errors.

That's TLers translating JP into other language though? Why is the blame on 'Japanese people do it all the time'?

Power Uploader
It's the nature of Japanese language that speakers don't use pronounce when it's clear who they're referring to. Translators often have to decide whether to guess pronounce or use gender-neutral (which like WhimsiCat said, doesn't make sense because the speakers KNOW). In our case, we simply chose not to use gender-neutral and go with the current take (Which I'll admit, could use tweak to sound better, but it works).

Dex-chan lover
She uses ranged spells, though.
Yeah, but when you aren't used to playing video games where giblets are all digital and have to deal with the real thing, well to put it simply, ranged spells or not, it will still end up on your face and in your hair.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
That's TLers translating JP into other language though? Why is the blame on 'Japanese people do it all the time'?
You're misreading. There are two statements here, one about Japanese using uncertain pronouns all the time, and another about the history of translations guessing which is meant without foreknowledge.

It's the nature of Japanese language that speakers don't use pronounce when it's clear who they're referring to. Translators often have to decide whether to guess pronounce or use gender-neutral (which like WhimsiCat said, doesn't make sense because the speakers KNOW). In our case, we simply chose not to use gender-neutral and go with the current take (Which I'll admit, could use tweak to sound better, but it works).
That is what I was referring to, yes. I've always been of the opinion that altering something in a pseudo-localization form because of uncertainty is a weaker position than just using the uncertain form, personally. Especially if a footnote is attached to explain.

Dex-chan lover
You're misreading. There are two statements here, one about Japanese using uncertain pronouns all the time, and another about the history of translations guessing which is meant without foreknowledge.

It's almost like not every language follows the same format and trying to force one to fit another isn't always the best idea...

The current TL already avoid gender guessing by sticking to the original term (Master)
So unless you agree with the other guy that TLs shouldn't use Master and try to guess pronoun (because again I think a disciple not knowing their master gender would sound weird), I'm not even sure what is your argument.

Dex-chan lover
Poor witch, just wanted to take a nap in her house and gets dragged into a war she wants no part in. Feel bad for her.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this really vaccilates between "pretty okay-ish" and "utter shite."

Dex-chan lover
It's almost like not every language follows the same format and trying to force one to fit another isn't always the best idea...

The current TL already avoid gender guessing by sticking to the original term (Master)
So unless you agree with the other guy that TLs shouldn't use Master and try to guess pronoun (because again I think a disciple not knowing their master gender would sound weird), I'm not even sure what is your argument.
Speaking of needing a translation!

Are you seriously arguing against a native speaker about their own language, when your own command is somewhat tenuous?

That's a bold strategy

You're first paragraph makes it even more ironic...

Dex-chan lover
Speaking of needing a translation!

Are you seriously arguing against a native speaker about their own language, when your own command is somewhat tenuous?

That's a bold strategy

You're first paragraph makes it even more ironic...

Says the guy who's misusing you're and your on the last line + tried and fail at using a big word (it's vacillate, single c, 2 l)
And seemingly miss my first post on why I think using they would be the wrong choice of word earlier.

Truly, someone with an opinion worth giving a shite about. /s

Dex-chan lover
Says the guy who's misusing you're and your on the last line + tried and fail at using a big word (it's vacillate, single c, 2 l)
And seemingly miss my first post on why I think using they would be the wrong choice of word earlier.

Truly, someone with an opinion worth giving a shite about. /s
That's an autocorrect issue, as opposed to naturally dropping definitive articles, and not knowing past tense... and if you seriously think vacillate constitutes a "big word," then I've got some really unfortunate news for you, bruh...

I'm just saying that it is hypocrisy in fullness to think to lecture both myself and another person on the use of pronouns when you yourself are plainly unclear on the basics of the language involved... and your mind-numbingly boorish reply simply illustrates this.

The very concerning part is that, from all of your comments, you seem to think that, even though you have less knowledge than others discussing this topic, you have the right and ability to educate them... when you yourself don't actually understand it.
In colloquial English, that's called the "Dunning–Kruger effect," and you should definitely learn about it; it may seem like an attack on your culture, depending upon national origin, but it's not meant to be.
(I am aware that some countries value ignorance, arrogance, and using any force available to force others into agreements that are false and/or contrary to reality, and I'm not trying to attack people based on that... even if it is stupid, shitty, and worthy of being removed from our planet. Based on your words and interactions here, I can see how that might feel personal, but I promise it isn't, at all)

It's a very... muscovite attitude (just as an example) to be 100% incorrect, and while being incorrect, believe that they simply have to tear down other people for their incorrect information to be viewed as accurate. Other hallmarks, such as missing verb tenses, dropping definitive articles, and arguing over pronouns that are used both colloquially and formally in the English language; then followed up with ad hominem, affirmations of the consequent, and subtle linguistic assumptions of one's own certitude without evidentiary support are all quite common, and you were plainly doing that, so... it seemed similar, yanno? I'm not claiming to "know" or anything; it's simply quite similar.

If you're not keeping up (which is fine) I was just pointing out how utterly ignorant and childish your comments have been. I understand if you're not following, though; actual discussions might be hard for you.

Good luck on your further education! Definitely take the time for it, as your skills with regards to introspection seem to need some development.

Oh, and sorry if I used too many... what did you call them? Ah, that's right: "big words." Sorry if I used too many big words; do your best, kiddo!

Dex-chan lover
That's an autocorrect issue

And yet that 'vaccilate' got through even though it's not a real word.

It's almost like you're blaming autocorrect for your own mistake.

In colloquial English, that's called the "Dunning–Kruger effect," and you should definitely learn about it

There's also this thing called projection that I feel everyone who bring up dunning kruger are doing.
Especially when they end things with 'kiddo'

Also, for all your rambling you've yet to present a reasoning of your own to the topic of Master vs They.

So yeah, not exactly a figure I'd care to 'learn' from if being 'educated' result in acting like you.

Users who are viewing this thread