Cheat Skill "Shisha Sosei" ga Kakusei Shite, Inishie no Maougun wo Fukkatsu Sasete Shimaimashita - Vol. 6 Ch. 32 - Aranea

Dex-chan lover
The other way around, Rose was the one willing to sacrifice herself to ensure the bug die because she believe Aria will rescue Licht who'll then revive her.

The bug was fighting as if it would any other vampire.
i know rose was sacrificing herself but the way the bug just completely stopped struggling after rose said licht will just revive her later is what made me think the bug was going for the same strategy. the scene is just too weird unless the bug was thinking it can resurrect.

the bug mentioned that rose is the first vampire to ever come in for an up close battle instead of just casting magic from afar. i'm 100% certain the bug is not used to fighting vampires up close and personal and probably has an attrition based battle strategy instead.

Dex-chan lover
i know rose was sacrificing herself but the way the bug just completely stopped struggling after rose said licht will just revive her later is what made me think the bug was going for the same strategy. the scene is just too weird unless the bug was thinking it can resurrect.

the bug mentioned that rose is the first vampire to ever come in for an up close battle instead of just casting magic from afar. i'm 100% certain the bug is not used to fighting vampires up close and personal and probably has an attrition based battle strategy instead.

stop struggling
'this is bad'
'fuck off'
'I need to put my defense up'
Did that sounds like 'stop struggling'?

it's only AFTER Rose mentioned Licht reviving her that the bug realized what she's up to and tried to push her away.

Dex-chan lover
Well that's gonna show up in my nightmares for a while. And I thought the bugs in your skin creepy pasta was bad.

Dex-chan lover
that was an extremely lackluster fight. so the bug just decided to sacrifice itself to beat rose while i'm assuming under the assumption that it's master would win and force licht to revive it and all the other servants. what a stupid bug.
It's the problem of quantum resurrection. If your team wins you will get resurrected, but if you lose you won't. So why not take down an enemy using your own life?

Dex-chan lover
Why do I expect to see him doing anything but suffering when reading that line?
When I read the discussion between Aranea and Belnacan, and what Aranea says in panel 1 of page 22, one thing comes to mind: parasites.

Dex-chan lover
Trust me, I'd love that too... the problem is, the writing of this manga is so terrible that it takes Kitsune months to figure out what the author intends to mean (sometimes we'd have to dig the WN/LN for context, too). This series is hard to translate, but not because of long text or complex writing - it's more of janky and vague text that makes it so difficult to turn into proper English.
So is it the author/artist struggling to put the WN/LN text into Manga format? Or are the novels also kinda wonky?

I wonder who decides what text and how it ends up in the Manga. The art is clearly pretty low tier, so I wonder how much tasks they put on the artist.

Dex-chan lover
I always get confused with the fight in this manga. It's never clear on the power scaling.
Did Rose really have no other way to attack the mantis?

Dex-chan lover
Trust me, I'd love that too... the problem is, the writing of this manga is so terrible that it takes Kitsune months to figure out what the author intends to mean (sometimes we'd have to dig the WN/LN for context, too). This series is hard to translate, but not because of long text or complex writing - it's more of janky and vague text that makes it so difficult to turn into proper English.
Well thank you for your service! Somehow I like this manga and am glad someone is translating it at all, especially a competent group.

Power Uploader
So is it the author/artist struggling to put the WN/LN text into Manga format? Or are the novels also kinda wonky?

I wonder who decides what text and how it ends up in the Manga. The art is clearly pretty low tier, so I wonder how much tasks they put on the artist.
There are two issues this manga is suffering: Absurd changing from WN/LN version (several parts have been edited / rewritten in the manga version) and vague writing. As a result, sometimes the text don't make sense if you try to translate it normally, requiring you to either guess what a particular skill does, what some characters are supposed to do... or dig through the LN/WN and hope there are additional contexts provided so you can pick the correct option. This is an issue with Japanese that makes some titles very annoying to translate.

Dex-chan lover
There are two issues this manga is suffering: Absurd changing from WN/LN version (several parts have been edited / rewritten in the manga version) and vague writing. As a result, sometimes the text don't make sense if you try to translate it normally, requiring you to either guess what a particular skill does, what some characters are supposed to do... or dig through the LN/WN and hope there are additional contexts provided so you can pick the correct option. This is an issue with Japanese that makes some titles very annoying to translate.
Is that because they picked a pretty new/amateur artist and also put the job of convert-writing solely on them?

I always wonder how these things get handled case by case. And this one is a more fascinating specimen, with writing and art problems galore.

Power Uploader
Is that because they picked a pretty new/amateur artist and also put the job of convert-writing solely on them?

I always wonder how these things get handled case by case. And this one is a more fascinating specimen, with writing and art problems galore.
Risumai is a veteran artist, however I can't say for certain about Hanyuu (The author, who writes all the script). The issue likely came from having to rewrite stuff from the WN/LN, causing some dialogues to get lost or not rewritten to adapt to the manga plots.

Dex-chan lover
Risumai is a veteran artist, however I can't say for certain about Hanyuu (The author, who writes all the script). The issue likely came from having to rewrite stuff from the WN/LN, causing some dialogues to get lost or not rewritten to adapt to the manga plots.
Veteran artist? Well I guess then that they pay per line, if the art turns out like this in the end. :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
There wasn't much build up with the mantis fight but if they introduced him last chapter with the fact that he's such a good match up against vampires or if there's a hint or flashback that Rose's father fought him before I think would be better. The mantis just said he can handle her not that he's really good against vampires.

Rose basically brute forced that victory.

I think the fight could've been presented better in terms of order of actions and the actions themselves. Like Rose thinking that no matter what happens she trusts in Aria and Licht so it'll be alright whatever happens. Then she rushes in, gets pierced, shows a more pained expression and reacts "it hurts but it's okay", and Rose grits her teeth and shouts as she pierces and slices the mantis while the mantis is saying she's going to die as well with Rose reacting with just a smile.

I guess there's times when not showing the emotions or not presenting it properly backfires. It's good for the MC because we keep guessing if he's healing mentally and emotionally or not but for situations like this I think it would've been better if the character's emotions are played out more.

Users who are viewing this thread