Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Palace Harem is a Mess -- A Noble Consort's Wronged Death

Honestly this may be a lot of drama, but men in real life can be such an ungrateful bastards so if anyone is offended by this, that means that you are a bastard yourself

Yay! I was waiting so long for a system transmigration type manga/manhua. Here's to hoping that the fmc sticks to being a strong willed woman who actually scheme and plan her way to success instead of the typical finding her OP hubby who solves everything for her.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, I'm in, and my hate boner is ready. That was quite dramatic, but a strong emotional hook.

@Fran1212
I mean...general rage at the injustice counts as being offended, doesn't it? The prince is a prick, no doubt, though it looks more like he's being led by the nose like an idiot so far.

Wow, this is a refreshing read as it’s different from the other transmigrations Manhua where the FL take controls of the iil-fated heroines’ lives and counter-attack all these bitches and bastards! Can’t wait to read more! Thank you for picking this up!

I have been reading a lot of quick transmigration novels. So nice to finally see a manhua of this theme💕💕

Don't mind the prince, just ignore him. As they said it before, green tea bitches usually made some male characters' IQ go offline~

Ohhhh interesting! Rather than getting someone from another world to save the situation, just get a character themself to do it

In the first chapter:
No one dies
No one cheats in a sexy way (and let’s be honest, this isn’t cheating unless you’re applying modern norms to characters that clearly don’t live in a modern period).

Disappointment would imply I wasn’t reading due to being a bored insomniac but it’s the only thing that comes to mind.

@Hexador I wouldn't say that polygamy was okay back then. I think that women internally hated sharing their husbands with other girls. They just couldn't say anything because they were powerless. We have a lot of stories of wives trying to scratch of each other's throats to try to get to one man. I wouldn't say that polygamy was morally right back in the day; I much rather say it was the norm among the upperclass and a sign of status. But I must say that I am surprised that the "Noble Consort" here said that her husband was cheating. I don't think women back in the day were allowed to say that they didn't appreciate having other women in the harem. To men they probably would have been seen as whiny and arrogant.

@Rubyg8396 I’m hung up on the context of “cheat” as it pertains to this particular circumstance. I agree, women put up with a lot of shit but just because they are willing to do so doesn’t mean it’s okay to make them. But, putting aside whether or not what the emperor did is morally sound, did he “cheat?”

To me, cheating is betraying the trust of someone with whom you have a romantic relationship by disrespecting the agreed upon boundaries in which that relationship exists. Maybe it’s just me being an asshole, but I can’t help but feel like the emperor isn’t cheating because of the boundaries associated with his relationship to... whatever her name is. He’s certainly morally reprehensible, but not a cheater IMO.

@Hexador Well I guess the question is what are the agreed upon boundaries of their relationship. The emperor hesitated for a moment because of pity or guilt or SOMETHING. It seemed like his resolve wasn't that strong, and the pink haired lady (man I can't remember their names) was the only person holding him up. With her not saying something for only a moment, the emperor hesitated. It makes me wonder if the emperor felt guilty; like he KNEW that he was doing something wrong. He never claimed it was his right to own a harem. If he believed it was his right, then I think he'd probably do a little more assertive in punishing his consort...I'm not sure...Chinese manhuas are WEIRD. I just can't figure out this relationship. Does the king require a harem or not? If not, he's cheating. If so, his consort has no right to complain.

Group Leader
@RubyG8396 @Hexador The 'cheating' in this arc's case is not so much because the man has many women but more that he 'cheated' FML's feelings. In those days, harems were a norm for emperors and princes so the FML would have been used to it. However, from what little can be conjectured, the Emperor and FML had a very close relationship before (compared to what he had with any other consort). She did and gave up so much for him then Liu Ruyan comes in and suddenly everything she did meant nothing to him. To her, this was 'cheating' her feelings. Sure we don't know if he had made any promises to her or anything but that's what I took away from it.

@RubyG8396 Yeah, I did jump to that conclusion (about the harem) but, maybe there isn’t a whole lot of reason to think that harem is their normal? Chinese manhua are weird.
@shadowmadness That makes a lot of sense.

Dex-chan lover
@Hexador
@RubyG8396
As an Asian, I can confirm harem was the norm in the past. My grandfather had 3 wives. However, my grandmother described that was like living hell, she had a miserable life so after my country passed a law that deems polygamy illegal, she personally made sure that none of her sons cheat on their wife.
That aside, in this case, cheating here isn't used in our modern definition. The prince can have other wives, owning harem is not the problem. The problem here is he chose that other wife and cast aside his first wife, who sacrificed so much for him. He demoted her and that is a huge disgrace to a consort and her family. Demoting means that her living conditions like food, clothing, etc. will be decreased. He even placed her on house-arrest and if that continue, she would have to live as a prisoner for the rest of her life without seeing her family, became a living corpse, a life that all consorts loath.

I can't quite grasp what RubyG8396 said though since having a harem was the norm for nobles, kings, princes, etc. I grew up reading about that in history classes and watching historical drama so I don't see there is anything weird about it. Harem dramas where the heroine fights other consorts in the palace is trending in my country right now. Those dramas are really depressing, tragic and bloody which make viewers despised the harem system.

I look at this and can't help but think about this being some type of alternate answer to another manhwa called goddess creation system. Expect the mc here has completed her trials and just hanging around~ and then she meets the mc from goddess creation system in this Arc. XD

Double-page supporter
Sooo someone hijacks girls bodies that dont find love... and as judging by the title ? go around killing the "evil cis white males" ?

Users who are viewing this thread