Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 17 Ch. 383 - How an Abandoned Wife Became the Female President : Counterattack From A Hopeless Situation

Worst arc of the series so far.
Beginning was good but the writing quickly became as shitty as those stupid "rich heir" manhuas, previous arcs writing was written in a way to play with the stupid writing of these genres but this arc isn't unfortunately

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bro, this poor husband is so fucked once he gets his body back. Also agreed, only arc more boring than the vampire one...
I highly doubt he gives a shit, he seemed pretty upset that his Su Luxia is already dead and the only thing he's clinging onto is helping get revenge. My current speculation is that after this is all over the shitstain will attempt to murder her and then he'll wake up and stop him and then commit suicide. The poor guy already has a death wish probably just wants to join his beloved in the afterlife

Dex-chan lover
I highly doubt he gives a shit, he seemed pretty upset that his Su Luxia is already dead and the only thing he's clinging onto is helping get revenge. My current speculation is that after this is all over the shitstain will attempt to murder her and then he'll wake up and stop him and then commit suicide. The poor guy already has a death wish probably just wants to join his beloved in the afterlife
Sigh... Once again, I'd like to reiterate, og LuXia is NOT dead. Please do not spread misinformation about this. LuXia told Wen Zheng that she's fine few chapters ago. And she is! As stated in my comments few chapters back, og LuXia's wish was to live happily ever after with her Wen Zheng, which will be impossible if she's dead.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly this arc has been such a slog to go through... that said I am still very curious to know how they'll handle the ending. Because obviously Luxia will be the president, but what then? That's not OG's wish, after all.

Liked the variety of costumes in this one, though! Although the plot really does leave a lot to be desired...

Dex-chan lover
Once again in this arc, I find myself complaining about the story. Every new chapter (that prolongs this suffering) that comes out, I have to check how many chapters we're in, because it always feels too long. It's probably the whole politics stuff or maybe the extremely stupid background characters (aka the citizens) that clearly have memory issues, worse than goldfishes, and can only remember the last 3 words anyone said....otherwise I can't explain why they act like that
I'm shocked, the writing was never this bad....has something happened to the author?

Dex-chan lover
Guess all these people forgot the dude used to be an actor? He can turn on and off tears and emotions with no issues. If she saved those people did she have them hide from their families just for this reveal?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! That was a pretty nice twist. At the same time, these citizens flip flop more than an inflatable dancing man. I probably like this arc the least out of all of them...
And even more amazingly, all of the voters are watching the debate. And they have live polling. (Unless the polling is some kind of feature su luxia has from the system, admittedly I haven't been paying close attention to the debate chapters).

Thank you for the high quality translations/scanlating! Even with an arc that a lot of people hate 😅. It's appreciated!

Double-page supporter
That last panel made these last few chapters worth it. It looks like that man has been successful exorcized since obviously his soul has left his body.

Also the bamboo rat apparently has a type.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I'm only into this particular arc because it's faceslapping those rich young heir archetype who take over the country and do all sorts of vicious shit. I hate those character types the most.

Dex-chan lover
Damn these people are stupid, I can barely take any satisfaction of evil dude losing because the public are so easily taking his side with no proof of his words.

Group Leader
And even more amazingly, all of the voters are watching the debate. And they have live polling. (Unless the polling is some kind of feature su luxia has from the system, admittedly I haven't been paying close attention to the debate chapters).
Isn't polling just obtained from a sample of the population as a representation?
Damn these people are stupid, I can barely take any satisfaction of evil dude losing because the public are so easily taking his side with no proof of his words.
You say that, but this is a world where such debates and transparency where never seen before, viewers seem like they're drunk on the hype. Iirc when the US presidential debate was first televised, viewers were swayed simply by how they looked, let alone what they said or any proof at all.

Dex-chan lover
You say that, but this is a world where such debates and transparency where never seen before, viewers seem like they're drunk on the hype. Iirc when the US presidential debate was first televised, viewers were swayed simply by how they looked, let alone what they said or any proof at all.
This man has a dirty and was caught doing bad shite and failed to pin it on his ex.
Who would believe his words on the opponent with a clean record.

Users who are viewing this thread