Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 4 Ch. 85 - Elegant Socialite: Scum only deserve spending the rest of their lives with each other

I enjoyed this arc however I got mixed feelings with the ending and punishments of the villains.

I liked that the husband repented his sins different from the other arcs...however, I also feel that his sins such cheating and abusing his wife (who helped him suceed) should have greater punishments than other villains. And the Bai Ting should also got a more bad ending bc of her greed.

@bookworm_sueweetie

His punishment/ending is about as bad as the ML from the previous arc (living in disharmonious poverty), but is actually repenting, and wasn't quite as awful in what he did.

And I can't think of a much worse ending for Bai Ting - she's forced into a loveless marriage, is continually abused, and lives in abject poverty.

i don't get all these comments about how it's nice for Liang to have changed. he hasn't changed at all! he might be remorseful but he's still treating his new wife the same way he treated Su Luxia before.

Dex-chan lover
Shota hamster is what made it for me.

Also, I completely agree that Liang didn't actually change – maybe he regretted how he treated Su Luxia, cool, but oh look: he demonstrates the exact same attitude of "Shut up woman, go away and don't embarrass me", only targeted at Bai Ting now. Does he consider it a fair punishment for her? Does he think he has the right to execute said punishment himself?
Ugh, something just doesn't sit right with me here.

I think this ending was more about punishing Bai Ting then the husband. Bai Ting is now the one getting yelled at.

@Calaena
the end of the 4th arc next will probably have the result of the 10 gacha spin,
those things so rarely go my way :)
wonder what she'll be doing next

The cheating bastard should have been sent to the army front lines by the general or something while Bai ting is doing laundry haha

Y'know, I was wondering since a few chapters ago...
WHY HAVEN'T ANYONE DEAD YET?

Double-page supporter
@Serverclosed I'm glad someone else agrees!! This was honestly one of my favorite arcs, right up there with the first one in terms of delicious schadenfreude. But ending with the two bastards destitute and pitiful is... fine! But similar to how the vampire arc ended (except in that case, I think while the vamp arc was weaker overall, the ending was more satisfying). I thought it would go in a bit more dramatic or really punchy direction once the white moonlight returned but... oh well! Still a fun arc overall :)

Dex-chan lover
i'm glad this arc is over. it was... okay. could have used a bit more white moonlight messing around

it was the longest arc, and it felt like it

arc with agent su?????? (never)

Aah, so this is the first time she attended her former husband's wedding. I feel like this should have happened more considering how many times she transmigrated.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh the trash arc finally ends! Hope next chapter is good lol

Omg. Was wondering who the shota was...

and is it just me or this arc was hella long...?

Users who are viewing this thread