Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 5 Ch. 93 - That girl’s damn wild -- Force out of this world

SGR

Double-page supporter
@TrapCard113
No the problem is not the horrific story by itself. It is fun to indulge in that stuff. No, the problem is that the canon story is NOT two fuckups realizing that they enjoy creating fuckuppance together and thus embracing each other's fuckuppery - the canon story is two total fuckups somehow being redeemed by the story to the level of holy, unimaginably goodhearted beings. That is the juxtaposition that we cringe at so much and deem to be impossible by any publishing standard. Also they start off as both mary-sues which would make it even more trashy.

Supporter
@SGR I must have missed the page talking about them getting redeemed. Redemption isn't really something you find in rapemance, the romance lead starts as a sadistic, unrepentant bastard and rarely, if ever, does he change his behavior or mentality besides dropping the side chicks (after having them all killed or raped off).

@JWChibi It's really a lot more common in chinese novels than you'd expect. Though, more often than not, it's the MC using the jealous bitch's scheme against them to give them a taste of their own medicine. Still definitely messed up. 😬

Double-page supporter
@SaitoHimea Oh I hadn't considered that! Now that you say it, I could totally see it being that way considering the whole point of this manhua is to get revenge for the second-place female love interest in romance stories. Thats a neat take that makes this story line a lot more palatable

SGR

Double-page supporter
@TrapCard113
Chapter 86, page 14: "(...) It eventually becomes a sweet story where bad becomes good." Yes, that single sentence is pretty much the reason for the disdain to the original setting. It's Wattpad grade self-servicing edgelord fantasy with a female twist. Not that the manhua authors don't disdain this kind of bullshit themselves, but still...

I love how everything is under our protagonist’s control. Also, you people must not have come across Chinese manhua and novels much. I’ve only seen a few but these types of characters are very common. It’s terrible yes, but common, which is why, as this is a Chinese manhua (and one of the few good ones I have come across) , this plot for one of the arcs makes perfect sense. And I’m glad that the poor characters that suffer won’t have to while the evil characters will get what they deserve.

Interesting, the body of the girl she reincarnated as isn't the second female lead. Well, they did say she was pretty much cannon fodder at the beginning the arc and I just assumed she was the closest one to a second female lead. I find this odd because the summary says she transmigrates to other world through the Second Female Lead Counterattack System. From the information we are given, the actual second female lead of the novel also seems suitable for her to reincarnate into. Is the reason she did not reincarnate as her because she didn't have the same name as her or is it because it was not confirmed whether or not she died? I suppose getting revenge for all the girls the female lead victimised is also a possible theory.

Dang, I can't believe a novel got this kind of unlikeable female lead...bullying, murder, rape plan against other woman, etc.

What's nuts is I've actually read chinese novels where the MC gets someone uninvolved raped just to deal with them. Sometimes it really comes out of nowhere (I mean it kinda did here but at least we're on the potential victims side), like the author doesn't even realise how f'ed up it is, kinda funny given how nice the MCs are in villainess stories. It's notable because there are way less novels with female leads that get translated for any length of time and they are really cruel compared to even the typical edgelord male wuxia protagonist.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
First suicide, now rape? This is really messed up

Contributor
@SGR I believe the author is using fucked up Chinese webnovels as an inspiration. I've come across a few chinese webnovels as fucked up or even more fucked up than this. They're basically just trashy wish fulfilments as villains, as opposed to delivering justice like this MC is doing.

I thought according to the MC this was supposed to be the novel world that is aimed towards girls and is on the more light hearted side, but suicide, rape and the supposed FL is evil? damn...

Oh my, I don't even read that many Chinese novels and I've come across 2 novels where the MC uses rape to attack the villain. It's 'justified' in the stories. In the first novel, the villain had previously arranged for the MC to be raped several times, so she fought fire with fire. In the second novel, the villain was trying to drug and hypnotize a supporting character, so the MC warned the supporting character about the drugs and didn't give two shits as the villain was raped by them. It's surprising how easy it is to ignore things when the 'hero' of the story is doing it to the 'villain', I can totally see readers supporting the FL of this story.

Ok who created this universe? How can you make an a hole characters as your FL and ML 🤨?

Users who are viewing this thread