Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 7 Ch. 139 - I have a date with the taoist master -- High-risk Warning: System Maintenance!

Woooah

Su Luxia has a genuine backstory?? It only took 139 chapters for us to learn about this haha

Thank you for translating! Also: XiaXia had a lover and it was an agent? Wonder how they met~

Thank you for translating! Based on that flashback... If agent Zero met Luxia when she was canon fodder and sacrificed himself for her while the system was under maintenance, maybe that was how she was able to break the 4th wall and become a host? I wonder what type of world Su Luxia originated in.

ooooOOOooOooH
the foreshadowing comes together :)
After all the acting as XiaXia (and not a lot of asides to talk to the system), seeing Luxia's actual personality is a trip, tbh, AND it's character development, kinda.
Not one philosophy is 100% right. I hope the resolution here is not cliche and dismissive.

Contributor
@Risa707
Seems like she used to be the cannon fooder which the mentioned former N° 1 agent, Zero, died to save and, like Feng Wushuang is trying to do, she managed to break the 4th wall and become an agent after an eventful first mission (the side story).

Dex-chan lover
Well holy shit. Su Luxia was cannon fodder, we knew this from the prequel, but I didn't expect circumstances like this. So...is she doing this to save him somehow? I assume she quite likes him under a mess of other complicated feelings.

Either way, this is progress that really cuts to the heart of our MC, so it's great.

Also, isn't 24 hours way too short of a warning for system maintenance!? That admin lady...something about her annoys me. She just gives off a nasty feel.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia "That admin lady...something about her annoys me. She just gives off a nasty feel."

I got the impression from the side story that the admin lady really didn't like her. Now we see why. Admin lady's top agent sacrificed himself for the MC, only for the MC to turn into a cold blooded agent.

I'm really curious about more on Su Luxia's backstory now! We only get bits here and there and even that prequel is super short. From what I can gather, Zero must've been in Su Luxia's OG World as a System user and saved Su Luxia from her OG fate as a cannon fodder. But something went wrong (system maintenance) and Zero died for Su Luxia. Somehow, Su Luxia manages to be able to use the system after that event. I do think that Zero and Su Luxia probably has some sort of relationship, but whether it's romantic or platonic is still unknown. We can tell that the two were close, but Su Luxia might've harbor some guilt after Zero's death because she doesn't want to think of him at all, or it might be something else. And that Su Luxia, as we know now, became heartless and cold in order to protect herself from the feeling she had with Zero before. Or at least from what i can gather from the bits.

It's also interesting to note that the System in of itself isn't 100% fool proof, and that things can happen to it. So Su Luxia is gonna enter Hard Mode survival just to help the MC of this world.

We want more of Su Luxia's backstory!! It sounds so interesting

@hmln there IS back story on Su Luxia, just not finished yet.
this spin-off if you are unaware: https://mangadex.org/title/47503/cheating-men-must-die-and-the-prime-minister

Dex-chan lover
wtf i came here for the cheap revenge satisfaction not to get actual feels

Users who are viewing this thread