Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 8 Ch. 160 - This Concubine's Daughter is Venomous -- Black Lotus’s request for peace

im so confused b/w this white and black lotus
i get what is green lotus but these....
someone.......pls ..........what is this TT TT

Dex-chan lover
@Aoife0605
A white lotus define a inocent and pure girl, black is for the opposite.

@HarukaNazu
That basically just a favoritism.
The grand mother like the second daughter more, she probably didn't know the detail but know that it's a dispute between sister.
Maybe the second daugther brainwash her too, we don't really have enough information to respond right now and I doubt the story will really tell us because it's not the main plot.

@Kingdo
thank u * ^ *

as for y the grandma said that the younger sister was wronged
she's basically saying that luxia schemed and wronged her
which makes sense bcz she's da grandma - means shes gone through all these herself
scheming must have been part of daily life if we r to believe the manhuas
also yea basically favouritism so shes gonna support the younger

@HarukaNazu In previous chapters, it is said that the mother of eldest daughter (RIP lady) clashed with the grandmother a lot, like a lot. So granny hated her daughter-in-law, in turn hates her child. The second daughter and her birth mother, the concubine (did I spell this right?) have been actively currying favour with both granny and father since the beginning (I think). That's all I could remember anyway.

@surijori I think you spelled that correctly, and you're remembering right and I get it. But, I'm still just so confused as to why she's blaming her for the second daughter's situation when she brought it unto herself in front of the effing emperor, no less. How blind can you be, to twist reality that far? And if she didn't even bother to check what the situation was before blaming the older sister, that's even worst imo :/

@Kuinkwin does it count if the father has 2 wives? but then again it's probably not about the dad... maybe the 2 sisters "fighting" for the same man aka emperor? 🤨

@HarukaNazu I totally get you. It might just be easy character setting, to give contrast later on when the 2nd daughter truly gets herself in the deep end of sh!t creek and her always-doting, always on-her-side grandma finally turns on her completely or something to that effect? I mean you got an old woman who is stubborn and petty to the point of openly hating and neglecting (this might be a reach) her own flesh-and-blood grandchild because she didn't like said child's mother, even though that child is the higher in rank by birth right (!), then what do you expect, I think it's just cheap, easy character build.
If I'm not mistaken after years and years of reading historical Chinese romance novels, the second daughter, though she is grandma's fav, is social-wise still inferior by default to the main wife's child, she does good -> "oh, not bad for a concubine's child", she does bad -> "what do you expect from a concubine's child". In the period in time when marriages were largely arranged by parents and a woman's future solely depends on who their husband will be, if the father were to offer marriage proposal for second daughter to a highly respected man with good background, as his main wife (which I doubt second daughter would tolerate anything less), her and father dearest will be a laughing stock, not knowing their place. With her "performances", I doubt she would get anywhere near the emperor's harem. So..... *sip tea*

Alas, my knowledge of ancient Chinese culture stems from fictional works, so take my thought with a teaspoon of salt pls.

Go Su Luxia! Already kicking that girls butt so hard.

Thank you for translating and posting this new chapter!

idc if someone spoils me, can someone PLEASE tell if the emperor and su luxia end up together???? i really hope not, it would be so weird

Aggregator gang
The rat is so off. Luxia has had no need to be aggressive all she has had to do is collapse Minguye's schemes.

Personally I thought the original host far too nice. If she wanted to commit suicide she should have gone after Minguye with acid and a knife

I'm just surprised that there still exists someone (the maid that is serving the grandma food) stupid enough to still be loyal to the concubine's daughter given how the evil bitch just threw her last loyal servant (whom she said raised her since she was a little girl) under the bus and shifting all her blame to the servant :thonk:

Users who are viewing this thread