Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 9 Ch. 170 - A literary giant’s huge fall -- Who’s the copycat?

Fed-Kun's army
@SapphireSoulmate Ngl I don't think it's gunna end up being GL. Probs going to end up continuing the god and follower relationship, but if that falls through, they will probs end up being good friends. We already got best girl cultivator. We don't need anyone else.

Gotta wonder how many times the system undergoes maintenance. That code needs a major debug apparently. 😒 Can we really keep saving the multiverse like this?

But, hey, new arc and the difficulty has been increased. The last one was way too easy. 😁

this is very silly. love it.
gotta wait for all of this arc to come out so I can read it in one go!

@Darkenning they do actually, at the start of the arc Luxia goes 'the host's name is Su Luxia again?' and during the previous arc she made a joke about the fact that 'even my name is taboo', so i'm like at least 70% sure that the system just gives her those roles because it's more efficient (dont need to adapt to a new name every world). I like to think this entire manwuah is basically just a list of the longest period of time of which Su Luxia has shared her name with the host.

Oh she’s not in complete control of the body this time? Interesting idea! Looking forward to reading this new arc! Hopefully the girl is a good enough actress to keep up with Su Luxia.

Thank you for translating and posting this new chapter!

Is no one gonna talk about the diss on popular novel name “three lifetimes, three world, ten miles of peach blossom”? 🤣

The villain of this arc may not be a "man", but she is a plagiarist cheater that must go and die.

Su Luxia, Vengeance Goddess Go go go!

@Darkenning They addressed that at the end of the first arc (ch 20)- the system tells her that management decided to keep the same name "to avoid complications".
evaLXTr.png

Dex-chan lover
I put off reading this chapter because I didn't want to wait a while on a cliffhanger of assholes winning. This was much better than I expected.
Still, fuck that plagarist for doing this without reservation. It's one thing to do it in an Isekai where the original creators neither know nor will lose anything for having their works spread ever further, but this is causing a tangible harm on the coattails of others. It's just parasitism.

YES! Our goddess of vengeance (not too far from the truth, let's be honest) gets to look like herself for this story! Gonna kick some ass!

...Though isn't the system updating a bit too early? Wasn't the Taoist master just 2 worlds ago? What's going on? Workplace harassment?

Lmao is this arc a jab at ancient time transmigrators plagiarizing iconic works? (like famous chinese poems etc)

Btw, like one commenter said, is the 'seven lifetimes' title a diss at "Three lifetimes, three worlds, ten miles of peach blossom" author? Vivibear, knight fantastic night's author, was also said to have plagiarized multiple works.

For those curious, the three lifetimes author, tang qi, was said to have plagiarized a BL novel from a pretty popular online author, Da Feng. Because BL is kinda niche and probably even discriminated in china back then, Tang Qi was confident OG author wouldnt be able to sue and win. Her fans even harassed Da Feng. Unfortunately, Ten miles became hugely popular and even got a tv series, etc. :((

@Serinasan I thought you were talking about this three lifetimes 👇https://lalluch.wordpress.com
I was scared for a sec because I really like it, had to do a quick research

I’ve always hated that trope of people who go back in time stealing other people’s hard work. Especially when they steal book ideas or similar things. So I’m hella hype for this plagiarist cheating scum to get her comeuppance!

Group Leader
I can say with 100% certainty that this will never work in real life.

Like I may know all the popular books, mangas, novels and movies in the last 10 years but if you tell me to sit down and rewrite Hunger Games from memory I can assure you it’s not gonna be a huge best seller like it is. Writing is damn hard!

If you ever time travel from the future like that, just go with stocks dude.

Wow this arc is a GIANT jab at ten miles of peach blossoms. Even the plagiarizing author's name is similar. (if anyone wants to read up on it, the drama based on the plagiarized novel is called "eternal love.") And even though it's a pointed jab, this arc is set up well anyway!

(This also makes me wonder how popular this webcomic is in China. It's meta and funny and cathartic, but the fact is that people LIKE and willingly consume the types of works that it criticizes. Do people like this without realizing that they are being criticized? Do they hate it? I want to know)

Oooh, we get to see her in action using her real body. I've always loved her design and wanted to see more of it.

@Serinasan That’s actually pretty fucking awful. The plagiarizer actually started harassing the original author too. And it started trending... until they made the drama. Then they deleted all the hashtags. What a joke. I actually saw that series on netflix.

I hope she gets her karmic retribution. YOU HEAR ME MC! MY HATRED LEVEL is probably still low but posses the original author and help them out.

Users who are viewing this thread