Cheeky Brat - Vol. 21 Ch. 123

Hakamada should have called Naruse after he understood very well that Yuki wanted to call her boyfriend and not him. Even if they're not in good terms right now.

But he represents the unhealthy love that can't stop liking and stalking someone who's already in a relationship. Which is very unhealthy. But look there are girls that support him, they think this is something beautiful. Sadly a lot of girls lack awareness and self respect, and romanticize anything.

I guess there are some hidden feelings and misunderstanding that are causing mixed feelings.

Yuki is not a talkative person, she's evolving in this thanks to Naruse, but she's still working on that.
Naruse is a total revolution in Yuki's life about feelings (feeling it, expressing it, trusting a person totally, giving it all). She's experiencing some hard revolution and she's changing gradually. Plus, the more they're together the more she let herself be into him, her feelings are growing together with the wish to express it, even if she's still not the best at that. More than this, Naruse that was always the right guy, in the right moment, no misunderstandings, no shields, he always understood her behind her silent and he always reassured her with no need for her to ask. But since he got into university he's experiencing some new emotions, insecure, jealous.. and I think Yuki wasn't expecting it. More than this, Naruse feels actually a bit guilty towards his ex, cause as she said, he didn't love her.

So, I think it's legit for Yuki to be jealous and ask herself "did his ex actually forget him?" and "what if now that he matured he can be brought back with memories, drag by regret and what ifs". It's not that she doesn't believe that Naruse loves her, she's just insecure and not yet fully able to manage such feelings, of both love and jealousy. She's never seen Naruse help a girl willingly. When Naruse's friend kissed in high school he quickly settled things, here is different. He's letting his ex depend on him, not because he's unfaithful, but because he matured and he felt that he lacked as a boyfriend and as a human with her back then. He feels sorry and guilty and he's trying to be a good friend.

Naruse sees his ex as just an ex, because of this he never thought about how Yuki could actually feel hurt from this situation, simply cause he doesn't mean anything deeper and so he does not think Yuki could see it this way. Naruse knows his love for Yuki and his non-feelings for his ex, that's why he can't really understand why Yuki was so angry about all this, cause for him it's nothing. Not even worth to be thought, not a hint about it, cause he's just generous, genuine and he loves her endless, so he didn't even think about to see deeper into the hug/support matter. Again, I don't think Yuki doesn't trust him, she's just jealous, insecure and understood his sentence differently than how he meant it. And his ex is acting totally fine too (she still has a thing for him but she runs infront of him to not meddle between them)

Naruse is experiencing new feelings. He is facing his past with different eyes, he surely blamed himself for not knowing, not caring enought for his ex at time, he's some kind trying to repair what he thinks he wronged. Also, he's always been the ace in high school, even thought he was younger than some of his teammate. Now not only he's not that special in the team, but also he experienced the enormous progress of his rival. Naruse is for the first time insecure too, and this made him focus less on Yuki's insecurities (on contrary than before), and this had an echo on their relationship. Not that he's to blame, just we started with Naruse being the cause of a Yuki development in her personality, where she had to destroy some point of the old her and grew up, building new ones. Now is Naruse's turn to do that, but both of them didn't get it yet.

Naruse understands Yuki very well, that's the reason why in the past he was always able to settle her insecurities, even when she didn't speak them out loud, that's why I really love him. I think right now in the story, due to all the changing he's been trough (University life, also in the team, Hakamada, discovered that is ex was in a miserable situation all alone and he didn't even care enough to find it out at the time they were together) he's not lucid as usual, so he can't really see clearly like before, through Yuki when everything was fine. Does this makes him a bad boyfriend? No, it makes him human. But I also think not even Yuki can see all his fregilities in this moment.

Naruse was always the one that stabilize the couple and understand her unspoken. But he's growing as well now, he'll have his "eggshell ground to walk on, he's insecure and all what was said already, and I think it's a good thing, cause he couldn't be the stabilizing agent of the couple forever, that's not a healthy couple dinamic.

Naruse is also feeling jealoue of Hakamada. There's nothing wrong in Naruse being jealous of Hakamada. This is human-like as well. And because he got jealous. For the first time he didn't stop there and didn't think "how's she acting like this? Did she get the wrong meaning of my words? What are her feeling right now?". Maybe he'll think about this later. I guess he wanted her to say out loud her jealousy, "is it OK with you?" he said, and she hurt him saying "sure". But Yuki didn't really mean it. And I think that's because Yuki tried to not be jealous, she didn't want the jealousy to be the reason of the discussion, so she didn't talk about it. She thought that he couldn't share it with her, but that's not what he meant, and we see clearly his cluelessness on his face at her reaction. And he also recalled Hakamada. Probably Naruse was already suffering from their distance and the fact that she got mad made him think "you mad at me for such a stupid matter when you speak to him so normally? When you smile at him?".
So there's all these misunderstandings and they couldn't overcome them at the moment like usual cause they both are instable and more insecure and fragile.

They just need to talk the whole truth out. I can empathize and understand both of them, and when they'll realize everything they'll feel really sorry. I'm sure that this will make them grow as a couple. ^^

Group Leader
She has been embraced, kissed, etc. by Hakamada and yet a girl cries for like 5 seconds, they didn't even hug lol like Naruse stood there like a wall and now we have this lol Seeing her say he will basically beg like he always does is kinda toxic not gonna lie and her assuming their relationship is over is kind of conserning too, he is being prideful and sticking to what she said, "go do whatever you want" (we've all done this trying to teach our significant others a lesson by ignoring them lol), even if he is actually not doing anything . I wonder, if they actually broke up, would Yuki chase after him for a change? somehow it feels Naruse is the only one invested on this relationship XD

@Vinita28 wow your comment really made me see things in a different way. Youā€™re soo right if this relationship is going to be on the long run they need to grow up and adjust it to life itself, cause theyā€™re going to keep changing and evolving. I wish you analyze Hakashithead (I call him that hahaha) and heā€™s inability to see things how they are and move on. His thoughts on the last page really made me mad cause is like he thinks sheā€™s trap in a bad relationship where sheā€™s unhappy, I donā€™t understand why canā€™t he see that sheā€™s happy with Naruse and that they love each other.

Tbh it made me sad seeing fans going wild on Naruse, empathising with Yuki, and how they never did the same with Naruse before. (When Yuki got several hugs from Hakamada and such) , in the name of "it's not the same. She's an ex. Naruse is not as sensitive as Yuki - etc, excuses."

But the truth is that they're indirectly saying "Yuna is a girl so we get jealous/hurt/feely of Yuki, when Hakamada is a boy so we don't bother- feel Naruse"
But you know? Naruse can get jealous and hurt of Hakamada as well even if he's not Yuki's ex. That's just human-like.

And Naruse is a human too and he doesn't feel less pain than Yuki. Just because you decided that your own.
Naurse just won't break down crying, and won't get a hug from another girl, and won't say he's heartbroken in his thoughts, and won't show that in his face.

The truth is that Yuki is SMH insensitive and unconsiderate of Naruse's feelings. And she's so selfish. (But I know that it's because Hakamada is nothing to her so she doesn't understand why Naruse would feel disturbed by him)

And the truth too is that Naruse has always been suffering from Yuki - Hakamada thing throughout the Manga, much more than Yuki. Yuki and Hakamada interactions are worse and more hurtful than what happened between Naurse and his ex. But the double standards hits so hard, so.

I mean, yeah you can get mad at Naurse over comforting his ex and then tell Yuki it doesn't concern you (even if he didn't mean it that way) but hating on him that much is not normal.. it's toxic and sicky. The way they think is so unhealthy. I got shocked.

Naruse is now the bad jerk insensitive boyfriend who always makes Yuki suffer and hurt her. And never understood her. And she should break up with him. Huh.

And those comments like: "I hope that Hakamada will interfere now and touch Yuki". Ok.. but this is so toxic and immature. I already realized that shoujo/romance fans are toxic and immature, But still that's beyond toxicity and immaturity.

And the author is the same because she really did what 14-17 girls asked for.

--
If Yuki can get hurt, mad and prideful over Naurse talking to her in a bad way. Naurse can get hurt, mad and prideful as well when she talks to him badly. Such as "go to her then". Naurse is a human too and has pride and emotions. So don't say "why did he go? Why did he get mad? Because he's human. (Go from Yuki's house not to Yuna)

Even if you love that person and even if you know that they didn't mean what they say, you still get hurt and can't continue the conversation when they tell you something unpleasant. At least I'm like that.
And that's why both Yuki and Naruse couldn't continue their conversation. And I simply understood them and kinda got surprised at people calling them out so heavily "like why they didn't communicate better". As if they never experienced something like that. And not necessarily in love relationships but in dealing with people in general (family, friends..)

That's why I didn't really find that this is fight unrealistic, immature and that bad. (Except including Hakamada in it, it's unrealistic. = it's just some cheap fan service - some cheap shoujo plot.)

And it's just a day that passed not like a month. And they'll come down to solve it after 2 days much, like in every fight of them.

Wow. I really love your comment/analysis, it really relaxed and made me happy šŸ˜Š
This is the most mature and rational view/analysis ever. Which clearly, most people lack, sadly. What you said is really impressive. You didnā€™t only analyze their relationship and characters, but also how their lives as a whole has affected them in their relationship. Wow šŸ„°
As my friend said, I think you're a psychologist to analyze this so well, hehe, without putting blame on anyone and seeing it as it is. Really so beautiful šŸ˜ŠšŸ™šŸ»

Because I really got sick with the hate biased comments/analysis, Especially towards Naruse. So your analysis relaxed me ā˜ŗļø I really thought the same too smh, I didn't blame any of them. They just acted like Human. It's not an unrealistic fight. This kind of thing happens even in long term relationships. (Except including Hakamada in it, it's unrealistic. = It's just some cheap fan service). And it's actually done well, and will help them grow mature and closer. And it's not that bad, they both didn't act that bad, didn't tell each other hurtful or rude words. It's just that fans overreacted but I understand them, we all like to see fluffy happy Yuki and Naruse, hehe. ā¤ļø^^
I just fear that Naruse will feel more inferior and doubt himself as a boyfriend when he knows about that.. I hope it'll be fine.
Thank you again, you're such a wise mature person. šŸ™šŸ»šŸ˜Š

someone call me back when things gets sorted out. im seriously frustrated by both.

like seriously, just be straightforward and honest although it's hard at least you can get things sorted out right away.

When can we read the next chapter? Iā€™m dying curious to know how it forward šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜± I check the page everyday šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

BRUH i swear... this woman... have you got no faith in him? You have outdone yourself this time, Yuki.

I know that couples undergo through silly arguments from time to time but this is getting ridiculous. Ok, when they resolve it, what'll be next huh?

AND ISTG THIS GUY... DON'T TOUCH HER FREELY LIKE THAT. WHY HAVEN'T THIS GUY BEEN PUNCHED YET? HE ABSOLUTELY DESERVES IT.

I HAVE ALWAYS HATED SHIKA WHATEVER HIS STUPID NAME IS Itā€™s obvious he was only introduced as an annoying rival but heā€™s kept on for yeaArSS, even forcing a kiss on her but everyone just IGNORED that, ughhh heā€™s so annoying and has done nothing but ruin the now nonexistent plot of this storyšŸ™ƒ

I read somewhere that he asks yuki on a date where they hold hands and he even kisses her. And he finally gives up on her. Now all the people who said that narsue should have not gone or that we should understand where yuki is coming from come and fight with me. Every freaking single time narsue has to understand her. Even though he told her to be careful of that boy she didnā€™t. All I wish is that narsue will break up with her so she will know the difference between a hug and kiss. Narsue deserves a better girl. I hope he knows this that they went on a date and kiss so he would break up with her. Now I want to know what she thinks kissing another boy when you have a boyfriend. It happened so many times that I donā€™t want narsue to try to understand her anymore. This shitty female lead. Narsue deserves so much better than this stupid girl.

@tnngo296
For me, Shizuka and Yuki will be the better choice for each other. If you ever read Daytime Shooting Star / Hirunaka no Ryuusei you will properly understand my point of view. They should love someone with whom they feel comfortable, not someone who always makes you worry about yourself or makes you skeptical of trust.
Shizuka totally won me over and I couldnā€™t get enough of his personality and sincerity in pursuing Yuki. Because he saw Yuki in her most vulnerable states, he understood her inside out. He was a trustworthy confidant that was able to comfort her when Naruse seems like couldnā€™t. If Shizuka comes first, I believe he can move her heart. He just shows up late and loses the chance you know :') And that's dam sad for me to see. He treasures Yuki, Naruse too. But the way Naruse didn't even ask her properly or listen to her make me feel he is not good as Shizuka for Yuki.

Clearly, in this whole story, Yuki always is the one who acts more mature, and now that's what she got after trying to be close and being straight? Unfair.

Okay, I have clearly never read something this dumb for quite a fucking while now.
"Shizuka totally won me over and I couldnā€™t get enough of his personality and sincerity in pursuing Yuki."
Did you confuse sincerity with being a sex offender? Forcefully kissing someone and stalking someone after getting rejected or hugging a girl in a relationship when she's completely wasted and cannot consent?
Even if he came first and whatnot like you say, the only thing he'd be moving is a fucking police file case with how fucking persistently annoying of a stalker he is.
Let's be fucking real for a minute here. Do you wanna know why you like Hakabitch? Because of his CHARACTER DESIGN. Get it? Imagine any 2000s protagonist with their sick ass prevented face doing the same to Yuki? Continuously hugging her without consent, trying to make move on her every little chance you get despite her saying no, actually forcing her down. OHHHHHHH look at that you little shit. Doesn't that sound disgusting. What a wonderful fucking personality.

God give me patience so that I can correct more of these types of stupid opinions cause I have nothing else to do.

what the fuck, i stopped reading mangas for like 2 months, and I come back to this, this was my favourite romance manga.......AND I COME BACK TO THIS?!?!? I SWEAR TO GOD IF YUKI CHEATS

Everyone calm down, there is no way Yuki is going to cheat ( at least I think the author won't take it that far ). Let's all remember that this is Yuki's FIRST relationship! She is in a sad and kinda angry state right now which led to her getting drunk. But I kinda think she should be more aware of her surroundings, like if Hakamada wanted to take advantage of her right now he could ( which he is kinda doing actually)

So yeah, please calm downšŸ„ŗ

If either if them cheat Iā€™m dropping this shit. Every fucking time itā€™s always that black haired son of a bitch. Theyā€™ve had 0% character progression. Itā€™s always Naruse does something that upsets Yuki, she gets pissed about it, they fight, and then they get back together.

Users who are viewing this thread