Chieri no Koi wa 8 Meter - Vol. 3 Ch. 33.1

Dex-chan lover
ok lets do the math on this im actually curious

cursory online search: torso thickness is about 10 inches
a giant's body is about 5x larger proportionally ("how does it feel to be 8 meters" vs ~1.7 meters average japanese male height)
a whole torso wasn't built on top of MC, probably only half, so (10*5)/2 = 25in
dry sand is ~0.06 pounds per cubic inch [citation]
0.06*25 =1.5 pounds per square inch of MC's torso.
I can't find any data on pressure required to damage the torso or lungs or ribs etc ):
Impressive and did you ever run the numbers to see how much food she would need to power a 8 meter tall body? I tired and everyone said I got it wrong which I’m happy to admit is probably very true.

Contributor
Sudoh-sensei. A true bro and a wingman.

It wouldn't hurt for Yumeji to look a little more happy though. At least Chieri had a warm smile going.

Dex-chan lover
Impressive and did you ever run the numbers to see how much food she would need to power a 8 meter tall body? I tired and everyone said I got it wrong which I’m happy to admit is probably very true.
Hmm, with her proportions placing her most likely on the bit taller side when down-scaled to normal and with her more active or erm, well, thicker build, let's roughly ballpark her daily required intake to around 2300 Calories. Then, let's shortcut her scale to a simple easy (read: cheaty) 5x to land at the ~8 meters. By the order of the square-cube, linear times five means means 125 times the volume (the stuff actually expending Calories). That's a lot. Five to eight tons of weight a lot. If we suppose a linear scaling in metabolism, we'd land at 287 500 Calories.

But, as an organism enlargens, it's metabolism becomes both slower and more efficient (or has to, due thermodynamics et al., but that's semantics), the final value would most likely be quite dramatically lower, lest she combust. Thankfully, we have a land mammal at that convenient five to eight tons, the African elephant, which at the larger side can require an intake of even 80 000 Calories. But as that in turn is a herbivore quadruped with multiple other differences to humans that mostly lowers the requirement, Shieri would need more than that.

With all that, she would most likely require more than that 70 000 to 80 000 Calories, but not to the level of that 287 500 Calories, probably (a total hacky guess) landing closer to the lower end of this created spectrum. That answer is the next best thing from a total ass-pull, as we have to ignore the fact that without any supernatural assistance she'd just spontaneously die from existing with her build. Hard to arrive at a non-bullshit conclusion with bullshit variables in the mix.

Conclusion: She eating good.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, with her proportions placing her most likely on the bit taller side when down-scaled to normal and with her more active or erm, well, thicker build, let's roughly ballpark her daily required intake to around 2300 Calories. Then, let's shortcut her scale to a simple easy (read: cheaty) 5x to land at the ~8 meters. By the order of the square-cube, linear times five means means 125 times the volume (the stuff actually expending Calories). That's a lot. Five to eight tons of weight a lot. If we suppose a linear scaling in metabolism, we'd land at 287 500 Calories.

But, as an organism enlargens, it's metabolism becomes both slower and more efficient (or has to, due thermodynamics et al., but that's semantics), the final value would most likely be quite dramatically lower, lest she combust. Thankfully, we have a land mammal at that convenient five to eight tons, the African elephant, which at the larger side can require an intake of even 80 000 Calories. But as that in turn is a herbivore quadruped with multiple other differences to humans that mostly lowers the requirement, Shieri would need more than that.

With all that, she would most likely require more than that 70 000 to 80 000 Calories, but not to the level of that 287 500 Calories, probably (a total hacky guess) landing closer to the lower end of this created spectrum. That answer is the next best thing from a total ass-pull, as we have to ignore the fact that without any supernatural assistance she'd just spontaneously die from existing with her build. Hard to arrive at a non-bullshit conclusion with bullshit variables in the mix.

Dam you are a true genius mate!
Never thought I would see such a detailed and methodical answer, I hope someone pins to the front page or something, it's defiantly a comment worth archiving and reposting on every new forum for this manga!
But seriously thank you so much for taking the time to work this out and well as write this; hopefully enough people see this, I'll defiantly be reposting it when I next see someone mention her food consumption. (although I might just leave you to do the honers as its your hard work)
At any rate I wish you an amazing week.

Dex-chan lover

Ok, but now fast can she run?

Users who are viewing this thread