Chikarawaza no Sister - Ch. 18 - Dieting is also a skill

Dex-chan lover
It's all a balancing act ain't it? Too bad none of us can ever find that perfect balance.

So with that being said... anyone got advice on how to tone up or, at the very least, tighten up the stomach?

Dex-chan lover
I used to sneer at the idea of dieting before finally looking at how much calories everything has and how much you have to work to burn any.
It's physically impossible to outexercise your mouth.
You can never outrun a shit diet, unless you were born with the rare lucky genes.

A snack bar has as many calories as one intense workout session. Fucklord.

Oh man, you will get suckerpunched so hard

Sisterpunched you mean. And I welcome it

Contributor
I used to sneer at the idea of dieting before finally looking at how much calories everything has and how much you have to work to burn any.
It's physically impossible to outexercise your mouth.
What you eat makes a huge difference though not just absolute quantity. Protein and saturated fats will make you feel satiated and stop eating because of a biomolecular signaling pathway I can't specifically remember, while sugars and polyunsaturated fats don't have have that limiting effect, sugars and carbs will also make you hungrier again sooner because of the effects on insulin and blood sugar levels. Rats fed on a low carb high tallow diet saw more of their storage white adipose tissue convert to brown adipose tissue that burns excess energy off as heat because of increased mitochondria.
Nutrition is a fscinatingly complex yet oddly simple field.

Dex-chan lover
fun fact : when you have serious stomach injury, you would lose your appetite and then caused some weight loss 🤣🤣

Dex-chan lover
So I wanted to look up how many calories that would be and how much she would have to work out

Chicken Cutlet Curry (150g Rice) 984 cals
Cheese souffle contains 194 calories per 95 g serving.
Mont-Blanc Average Nutrition Facts per 100 g : Calories : 187 kcal
The Maritozzo about 300 cals per 100g
So about 1665 calories which would take the average woman around 90+ minutes of cardio to burn off just 1000
Took this from https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/1000-calorie-workout-routine-what-is-it-and-how-to-do-it

Although to be honest I don't think this anywhere near accurate

Thanks everyone at Player1_Please for the translation

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, you can't eat anything if your stomach is destroyed. Superb problem solving by Sister as always

Dex-chan lover
xMMW0TV.png

Dex-chan lover
So I wanted to look up how many calories that would be and how much she would have to work out

Chicken Cutlet Curry (150g Rice) 984 cals
Cheese souffle contains 194 calories per 95 g serving.
Mont-Blanc Average Nutrition Facts per 100 g : Calories : 187 kcal
The Maritozzo about 300 cals per 100g
So about 1665 calories which would take the average woman around 90+ minutes of cardio to burn off just 1000
Took this from https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/1000-calorie-workout-routine-what-is-it-and-how-to-do-it

Although to be honest I don't think this anywhere near accurate

Thanks everyone at Player1_Please for the translation
At least the calorie numbers seem right. I punched in the numbers of an average US woman (20 years, 5ft.4in, 170lbs according to google's first result) and the recommended daily caloric intake for someone who is inactive is 1900 calories.

Dex-chan lover
At least the calorie numbers seem right. I punched in the numbers of an average US woman (20 years, 5ft.4in, 170lbs according to google's first result) and the recommended daily caloric intake for someone who is inactive is 1900 calories.
Thanks for your wisdom it is appreciated.

Dex-chan lover
It's all a balancing act ain't it? Too bad none of us can ever find that perfect balance.

So with that being said... anyone got advice on how to tone up or, at the very least, tighten up the stomach?

You cannot target a specific body part for fat loss. It has always been a market and sales tactic. This is regardless of your biological sex. Though for males, fat gravitates more to belly, while for females, fat gravitates more to hips and thighs (until menopause). If obese, all other body parts will have excess fat.

Thus, it's food intake control and/or dedicating time to exercise. Both of which are to lower stored fat overall, which then lets your muscles show more easily.

Cardio exercise in partciular does eliminate the much more harmful fat stored around your organs (visceral fat; subcutaneous fat is the one you can see/squeeze with hands), which inhibits how receptive your brain is to the "I'm not hungry now" signals. Among other bad things, like strangling your lung expansion capacity.

So do things like... jogging, biking, walking, stairs, row machine. Or if you can't do it formally, just get some in with chores like dusting/vacuuming. Even strength exercises, while they focus on muscles, do affect cardio to an extent. Squats, pushups, and pullups target several muscles, and squats + pushups do slightly engage your core muscles. So simply exercise in general.

Beyond that, make sure your body has the nutrients (vitamins and minerals) it needs to be able to function (to be able to use the fat stored and send your brain the right signals). If you eat pretty poorly, a multivitamin supplement (from say, Costco) will help over time as long as you're counting calories properly.

Don't overdo it on anything, better to do things really slow than to burn yourself out. Give your body time to build up (stabilizer) muscles, and give yourself time to adapt to the changes you want. Start with some water intake and any exercises in small amounts (like 2-5 minutes to start if you haven't been doing any) a couple times a week, or just anything between other activities. Increase exercise slowly, drink more water, lower food intake slowly (/have more protein) so it still feels natural, don't get injured, treat your joints kindly, move around more.

Much like fat not going away via eating in excess, maintaining toned abs is a process you must always do. The idea is to adjust to it in a way that you (eventually) don't have to think about it and where it feels natural to do.

Users who are viewing this thread