• Ban Solo Leveling

Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont really mind ads. But please dont put the ' lonely half naked sexy thots ' ads or something like it ( if you're used to read at kissmanga you know what i mean.)
Those ads were very very disturbing. Other ads are ok.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't mind ads at all. My ad blocker fine with acceptable ads by default anyway.

I'm not fan of ads but as long site deserve their efforts I'm fine with 3-4 of them.

Keep going MD community! ^o^

PS: Also if MD join forces with publishers I'm fine with even more ads. Supporting Author is good thing to do. but not like Manga Plus we need Fan translators.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that cryptocurrency thing really makes the donations take a bunch more effort, which people are way less generous with than money. By now, I honestly would have signed up for something like regular PayPal donations if that kind of thing was still possible since that only takes a click or two.

Also, there's plenty of space on 16:9 and presumably other aspect ratios, why not go for those?

Double-page supporter
Ban solo leveling, save isekai
With more than 100k views per weeks,this series can survive on their dedicated website.
Save bandwith for MD

L86

1) what about a crypto miner? as long as it's opt-in and we can select how much CPU to use
2) throttle titles by request rate, and put ads there
3) throttle without ads, just return 429 instead of 50x so we know what's going on

Dex-chan lover
I would be on board with a donation progress bar for monthly server expenses, something like saucenao or gelbooru does

It would also add some transparency to The financials

Hmm... I'm personally fine with ads. But I'm not fine with the tracking that is behind ads. That's why I usually block 3rd party script as a default.

I am perfectly fine with ads. I know that the staff here are good, and it’s hard to find trustworthy ads, so I know I can trust whatever I see on here. Please don’t ban isekai’s. Some of them are trash, but I love reading trash, while some can be very good, and there are so many, they keep me entertained for hours, especially villainess iskekai’s. Also, please don’t ban Solo Leveling. It is a huge load, I know, but I think it has happened in the past for popular series (although I could be wrong). I don’t know if the server has too be brought back to life after every 502, or if it recovers on its own. I love the series, but wish to directly support the author instead of pay a company for a bad translation and almost nothing goes to the author. Unfortunately, I do not speak/read Korean and would still love to understand what is said (especially since i believe u need to have a Korean banking stuff to buy the chapters).

Dex-chan lover
Wouldnt it be better if you put the ad on PC too? Like wont you guys get paid more if people see the add?

I like that people moan about there being too many isekai’s and that they are all the same, but this literally happens for every genre that becomes popular, and it’s hust the its isekai’s turn due to a few popular series. I mean, there are so many high school romance series or cultivation series that are ‘trash’ and are generic copies of the same thing. There are good ones, of course, just like with isekai, but there are also tonnes of ones not worth reading unless you really like the genre (nothing wrong with that either)

Double-page supporter
"Remember... We do this, for freedom" Slay solo levelers!

Also, this ad is simple, so I don't mind it at all. But my phone is so trash that I'll not be able to play it anyway, but I'm still gonna install it.

MD@Home
I dont mind temporary non-intrusive ads, moreover i could download the game if that helps you anyhow
Thanks for everything

I came over in the great KissManga exodus.

Let me tell you what I think about ads as a former Kiss user:

As long as you're not popping shit up every time I load a page, click the page, or even when I actually don't do anything except scrolling - please, run those ads.

On the condition that you don't load yo shitty ads up with shitty malware or make them all 18+, I'm in the ad boat.

Provided you don't shadowban people with bogus maintenance screen cookies for using adblockers, bring on the ads.

Assuming you would not flash shock imagery at me for using a manga reader, gimme the ads.

I'm down for supporting people by whitelisting them. But as soon as you start kneecapping my experience with those ads? We got some problems.

And I don't think MangaDex would do that. Let's go.

I don't read Solo Leveling, but would delaying the upload by a week or two get some load off the site? I'm no tech person but maybe it's worth a try before banning it altogether

Fed-Kun's army
Non-intrusive ads are always welcome as long as I can support Mangadex. I'm more of a desktop user though, so I may need to wait a while til an actual non-april fools ad appears on Mangadex... will check out the game when the ad comes out for mobile mangadex site.

Is there not a way you can limit access to these overload titles? Like if you have 1000 (very conservative estimate) requests in a 5min period it would flash a “This Title Has Reached The Current Reader Limit Please Try Again in 10 Minutes”

As for ads, as long as there aren’t more ads than content on the page I don’t really mind. Hell as long as they don’t Auto-play(annoying loud ads), Auto redirect, pop up, or freeze the screen to themselves I’m fine with a myriad of ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread