• Ban Solo Leveling

Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx so much for such hardwork. Me too don’t mind ads, as long as it’s not annoying (pop up etc).

I'm disabling my adblocker and will start using this site on my nookphone just to tap on the ads. I'm even deleting some of my furry apps just to download that game. it's for u guise,,, n-not that I l-love u or a-anything... >///<'

also, pls don't ban isekai. is the only thing keeping me alive now T^T

Dex-chan lover
Just my thoughts:
1. There must be patreon alternatives that don't suck. (hope)
2. The transaction fees for Bitcoin are horrendous. Bitcoin Cash transaction fees are much better.
3. Why not implement a system which predicts what chapters are going to be read in mass (solo leveling) and making that chapter only available gradually. Moreover just transcode those chapters with WEBP? 50% looks as good or a tad better then 70% jpg, but are 3x smaller.
4. Use webp, just only allow webp uploads... webp lossless is much better than png, webp non lossless is far superior than jpg...
5. How to opt out... I never ever want to see ads, thus my addblocker just magically blocks them. I don't want to be tracked, so my addons try to magically block those. Why not have a supporter setting for those that wish to opt out?

I remember voting non-intrusive ads and i still be fine with that. The reason i came here 2 years ago was cs bato.to no more and this place offered a simple UI—which i think was better than bato.to—plus it has an active community unlike the other aggregators. I will make sure to whilelist mangadex on all of my desktop and mobile adblock when its done.

SL was fine and isekai’s too, so i dont vote any of them. Get ur vaccine. Peace.

I don't mind non-intrusive ads. I've already disabled UBlock for MangaDex as well.

Though I have to ask, why not use patreon or subscribestar as a semi-reliable way to achieve a stable monthly income source?

I would be willing to pledge on Patreon a small amount at least. Considering these current COVID times, I don't want to pledge a large amount of money but if it is a little, then I can spare some.

With this into account, if you do opt for a Patreon alternative, do consider the possibility to have cheap packages on top of whatever other packages you would like to provide :)

Group Leader
@WindOcean
webp lossless is much better than png
Here's 2 random raw pages in png, can you please optimize them in webp so I can see how great this webp is?
a_25.png
a_22.png
Oh also, if you're thiking about compressing the images, don't even think about it.

ADs on mobile!!!!
Why Mangadex? why?
Fortunally, its only temporary, but man ads on the potato of my phone are horrible. They kill my already slow connection and make it impossible to read anything on my phone.
I will prefer them on the computer, that way I can turn on/off my adblock if Im bothered by them.

Dex-chan lover
@ptg_
Black and white makes the difference a bit smaller but there is: from 337kB to 280kB, converted with XnConverter (lossless)
2xwf4f.webp
606 to 529kB
ma2jl0.webp

Dex-chan lover
@ptg_

I find your small "test" truthfully unimpressive, just get yourself a good converter and test yourself...
https://www.xnview.com/de/xnconvert/

Or just inform yourself...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebP

and yes sometime soon/TM there comes a new image format: AV1 Image File Format (AVIF)
but that will take a long time to be supported

Double-page supporter
Thank you always for the work you guys put through. As someone who lives in the SEA region this platform is the only tremendously helpful one.

Fed-Kun's army
I love the transparency you always have in these update posts. You could get away with a single paragraph saying you need to run ads or the site might die, but the extra details make me happy.

i do like the idea of a temporary ad to sustain the website.
As for the solo issue would it be possible to issue some sort of time zone timer? like the delay groups can put in but per time zone?
This would require you to know which time zone has the most readers which i do not know if it is knowable or not.
Or if it's due to some size issue maybe the format can be switched to a lighter (but perhaps less visually pleasant) one for an early release then the "normal" release happens a few days later and replaces the first chapters?

I think the ad are okay.but has everyone wonder if after the pandemic and stay at home are no longer implemented.the server load will be like before the pandemic start because everyone has to go back to work.(just speculating possibility)

Dex-chan lover
"better than the average shitty mobile idle game"
That's what I call a resounding endorsement 😂

Also, if you are really into not banning solo leveling (which I think you should) couldn't you limit the number of simultaneous access?

is a Reindeer
VIP
@WindOcean Webp causes chapters to break for an insane amount of iOS users. You have to understand that when our traffic is in the millions per week, that's a lot of people affected and unable to read. Not gonna happen, either way, bandwidth isn't even the issue. We have plenty and more to go around. Handling database load and API requests is just a matter of scaling to handle the volume of requests and optimizing db calls

MD@Home
For me it s a good idea you can even create a special page support/ads like that some people will go on the page and click or juste view the ads.

I saw this option setup up and with the community it will works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread