Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supporter
I am in the fortunate position where I can donate money. Sending Bitcoin_Various feels like such a convoluted process that it actually turns me off making any donations.

All I want to do is have an easy way to throw money at you, schedule it for the start of the month, and leave it so that I know I am doing my bit to help out.

Double-page supporter
Talk to lonely waifus in your area
Ads aside, can your web host accept non-anonymous payments? Perhaps into a dummy account?

I know scammers routinely trick people into buying gift cards and giving them the numbers off the cards. They somehow get paid from that while retaining anonymity, though I don't know any details of how. But if I could merely buy a Google Play card etc, and send you guys the numbers off that then that's easy enough for anyone to do. No idea what's involved or how viable it is from your end.

I still haven't really looked into the bitcoin thing, though that's on my "to do" list of stuff I never get around to doing.

non intrusive ads are totally fine for a majority of readers, please go ahead, you maintaining this website for non-profit is already a great service to the manga reading community.

I would gladly click and install anything if it's to help MD. This site is amazing and you guys as well.

Fed-Kun's army
I also am okay with non-intrusive ads since I can't provide support through crypto.

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT BANNING THOSE TWO THINGS?!?!

Why don't they make a patrion and offer different tiers like from 1 to 10 dollars per month...
Besides another think they could do is to make a progress bar in terms of the actual cost of running the site so people are aware of how much it really cost and if they need more money

Or if they upload the new chapter make it so they're delayed release and put the link to the source of the chapter so they crash their servers 😂

Dex-chan lover
I just realised that https://mangadex.org/title/45904/a-manga-world-that-gets-one-page-once-a-year is also tagged as Isekai (although I'm not too sure why, but maybe I misunderstand the terminology). Is it too late to change my vote to SL?

Anyhow, on a more serious note, I can only state my appreciation for your considered and transparent approach, as many others have already stated in more words. Thank you :)

Finally (and my apologies if you've already answered this, I've skimmed the thread but didn't see it): do you get any money for simply showing the ad to users, or does the advertiser only pay for actual clicks and installs? The opening post seems to imply the latter. I don't have a mobile device capable of installing this game, so I was wondering if me just seeing the ad helps you in any way, or if I might as well disable it.

@KingRift (@gomichandesu) Mobile width, actually, so resizing your browser to a smaller screen size will also enable it.

Question, because I am unfamiliar with your donation services.
Can you use Ko-fi for donations using a Stripe account instead of a Paypal since you say you don't have a paypal? Or is there trouble with Online payment services in general? I know there's also other online payment services, but I dunno the name of em.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Fran1212 For the 10th mention of patreon, answer is here: https://mangadex.org/thread/379925/9/#post_4017994
@Uluri You as well, the issue isn't finding a service to accept donations from, the issue is finding a service to accept money that doesn't leave a paper trail of identifying information. You'll find that it's quite a rare thing because governments don't like tax evasion or money laundering

Group Leader
Cryptocurrency is a pain. Plain as that. If you did PayPal I would've donated. On other hand tho, other ads aside I don't want to see or support mainland Chinese ads for personal reasons. I shall be back in a week.

Please just ban Solo Leveling.

@Plykiya maybe using fanbox.cc to create donation page. As long as it's your original content posted there it's legal

Just ban that solo sh*t
Better lose one thing than sacrifice others

@Plykiya Yeah ban solo leveling or link us to their website instead like with mangaplus. I have mangadex as one stop show to find all our manga fix and its not necessarily needed to be hosted here. I wouldnt mind reading from the scanlator site for solo leveling or other manga that dumps shitloads of traffic on server. That way readers still have option to be updated when the new chapter comes HERE and then go to their site to read it. Helps the group for it as well instead of just banning solo leveling. I dont know if that will help with the traffic but just an idea of how to relieve som solo leveling stress on server.

And before someone says use mangaupdates. I prefer mangadex than mangaupdates coz i can actually read mangas here.

Fed-Kun's army
don't care about ads as long as they're non intrusive. also, thank god i'm not the only one who thinks solo leveling is mediocre drivel that's only popular because of the great art. i'd take the shittiest of isekai over solo leveling

Now, on "rediculous resolution" uploads that I saw mentioned. Do you know how to set a Maximim file size like a lot of artsites and comic sites do? Some art sites I use automatically downsize uploads to a more reasonable amount their site can handle because artists tend to create in a size not meant specifically to fit the screen reasonably, but to pile in their details while they are creating or for printing their work later. I don't think it would be unreasonable to set a Maximum Pixel Width that Uploads get set to to help prevent unreasonable giant files from hurting the site performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread