Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
I think it's better to reduce load by not having way too much different languages options.
Idk how it works but statistically there should be a way of this mess.

I do agree that both of the listed option are the main reason why the server overload.
Solo leveling - I don't read this but shit this thing need to be curated.
Isekai - similar to above this is one of the on going trend that has been existing for years following Villainess shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
Forgot to add.
It's that in general Manhwa that more server load because the huge image scaling

Option for load next few pages should be limited to 3 (for Manhwa) and 5 for normal manga.

How about Jlist? I'm a big fan of their site and I discovered them though the ads on nyaa.

With the whole solo levelling thing why not have it hosted on another server like the ones one piece etc is on. You can even host it separately yourself if you want and just put it on there to avoid having to upgrade the system for a Series that could potential disappear in the future. (And when the new fad comes out do the same so the site does self destruct on heightened costs in between fads)

Oh yeah merry crimbo! Happy holidays too

Group Leader
Oh man money problems really suck.

I don't know the username anymore, but one guy jokingly said sth about burying gold coins and sending the coordinates. That aproach as a dead letter box sounds so awesome and so dystopian at the same time.
(It prob won't work as the guy picking it up would be in danger)

Another approach i thought of was sending the money by mail, but the adress it goes to would be broadcasted and liable for legal action.

Almost makes me think that crossing a street in Mogadishu as a white ethnicity might be easer. /s

Solo Leveling has been licensed by Tappytoon anyways.

Better for them to read there and support the author than pirate it here.

Is there a way to bring the banner as back? I closed it out before finding the announcement and if I can support the website I go to to look at anime people by looking at anime people then by all means I’ll look at it

Bruh the ads were so unintrusive that I have not seen the ad itself yet even though I use the site on my phone for almost at least 10-20 hrs a day (due to me quarantining)

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for a well thought solution. Everyone hates ads, but heck, ir doesn't bother, you tried the game, balanced the pro's and cons...honestly, thank you for always coming with a good solution

Fed-Kun's army
@marsbars
Solo Leveling has been licensed by Tappytoon anyways.

Better for them to read there and support the author than pirate it here.
interesting, more reason to remove Solo Levelling I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Isekai is nothing compared to the original Wuxia fad, I propose we ban wuxia instead kek

Fed-Kun's army
Finally shaking hands with the Devil? I personally don't mind if it's absolutely necessary for survival, just don't get addicted to it, I guess.

At least, thank you for the head's up. Between Solo Levelling and overall isekais, then I'd choose to ban one to save many😂 although I enjoy reading both

I don't understand why one of the admins can't open a PayPal account. Drop a link and have people donate that way. Then just pull funds from the account as you need it.

My friend is an artist I helped her pay for groceries one time. I just clicked on her PayPal link and sent her money and that day she was able to go to the grocery store.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@miqabrannon17 Explaining this for the 10th time this thread

Using a paypal account with the volume of money we need requires linking a bank account to it. Publishers can report said Paypal account because our site is illegal, have the account frozen, or even worse, get them to hand over our information to them for legal action because again, our site is illegal.

Contributor
@miqabrannon17 and everyone else that says "what about PayPal?"
MD used to have a PayPal account but it was terminated by PayPal.

People seem to forget that MD is probably at best in a grey area when it comes to legality. PayPal being a U.S. based payment processor is legally obligated under U.S. law to not enable organizations that engage in piracy and copyright infringement. Thus PayPal is out of the question.

Edit: inb4 "What about patreon?" Same/similar reasons as for why PayPal cannot be used. In fact it's the same reason many sites/services cannot be used.

As much as I hate to say it, ban Solo Leveling. There's tons of sites that host it exclusively anyways, and there's also Tappytoons.

Also, I clicked the ad and downloaded the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread