• Ban Solo Leveling

Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from kissmanga as long as the ads aren't erotic, trying to hook you up with 60yo singles, or selling sketchy medicines, I don't care what the ads are. Also, PayPal recently started a crypto buying service so that may help the site a bit.

Double-page supporter
Well.... I think for now this is the best option to do to keep MangaDex afloat. I'm fine with non-intrusive ads, as long as it's safe. And for banning Solo Leveling, well I do rather choose to ban one Manhwa than to ban the entire genre of Isekai... But either is fine it's up to the other users, whatever the result is I will respect your decision.

Anyway thank you for all your hard work for all this time, hopefully MangaDex will live longer than Jonathan the Tortoise... Amen..

is a Reindeer
VIP
@TDSgaming You can buy and sell crypto with Paypal, but they don't have any plans of trading crypto between accounts. So that's no good as an option yet

What about a premium subscription service - something like $3/Month or maybe $15/Year that gives users some premium features (maybe personal banners or whatever idk, maybe a star next to their name)

Yeah, had to happen, You guys grew too big and while donations are great, you cannot survive on uncertainty.As long as it isnt the type of annoying ads that pops up in two different windows everytime one clicks on something, then most people will be fine with it.Also SFW ads, unless they are reading explicit stuff, I guess

Thanks for the transparency. I'm fine with a banner or single ad on the main site for desktops, like how Batoto used to do it. You guys rock! Keep up the good work.

>make a plykiya onlyfans and use that to sponsor the site

Yes yes, if it is for the greater good then it must be done.

>I don't like OnlyFans, I want to show people nude pics of myself for free. I'm not worth paying cash to see

Disagreed 😠

Dex-chan lover
I've been using this site since it's inception and honestly I don't understand how you don't have ads. I like md a lot so I'll def click on that ad 💪

that's a relieve to know that i can use ad block, TBH I don't like ads, our internet here is slow so it takes time to load more images

if only the PayPal option were still available, I can willing to donate some

I don't know how to use crypto currency

banning the entire genre isekai is definitly not an option, if it's for 1 manga people can read solo leveling on an other site, and for most of the Isekai that are presented here there is not many alternative except mangadex...

Honestly great idea. I already used sites that bombarded me with ads and didn’t care much so seeing the care you are putting in for ad runs is great. Keep up the good work.

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

BAN SOLO LEVELING NORMANS PERMABAN THEM

Group Leader
Maybe for solo leveling make it so that Data Saver is forcefully on for a few hours after release (maybe convert to webp in the future since webp is more data efficient than png?). Like damn.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for your efforts at keeping this site going. Having a page somewhere that shows regular updates on expenses vs income - just a basic table updated once a month - would be nice for transparency.

A lot of people who use this site seem to forget that scanlation is still Illegal literally around the world (thanks disney). And since almost all english-language fundraiser/crowdfunding/donation sites are run on top of paypal/stripe (I've looked) and you need to provide real life personal info to get accounts they have a stranglehold on the whole market. It's really very frustrating.

Some remittance and mobile wallet apps aren't built on them, but they take relatively huge % fees. I stopped my research on this topic before going through them, but I wouldn't mind spending an hour or two digging up more info to see if any of them meet your needs. Generally people would have to install app, make account, use credit card or bank account to send money. Then you [mangadex] use a custom debit card to withdraw cash from atm or just transfer the money directly to the server provider from the wallet. They're specifically designed for people who don't have bank accounts.

I unironically agree to banning Solo Leveling even if I'm a reader as well.

Just don't ban my isetrash please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread