Citrus + - Vol. 6 Ch. 36 - September 30th through October 4th

Aggregator gang
Thats not what Mei would do. I think you r reading her incorrectly. Dig into her personslity and life and childhood and try to understand her.
Its pure psychology. She,doesnt know,how to show love because,she was never been shown love before and she was abandoned and had a strict childhood. She,does love Yuzu greately but doesnt know how to show it and yes,she does have a lot on her shoulders....

I do mind authors take on manga, she put a lot on her characters and they at their teenage years deal with a lot of shit to be honest. But thats how life is for many people, many kids, especially those eho grow up on privilaged families and cannot live the life how they want .....

But I also sometimes wonder do the author love her characters because she is a little bit sadistic toward Mei and Yuzu....

Anyway this is not a lightharted manga, also not something just for fun, it deals with serious topics and I respect it and I will continue following Mei and Yuzu's journey, but O hope the author will give them a,happy ending and soon and some light hearted moments.
Which part do you think I'm getting wrong? The part where if Yuzu (I know she never will) leaves her Mei will redirect her energy toward the school meaning she might marry for advancement and security? Because even if she's with Yuzu now she's clearly prioritizing school. I know it's because she's trying to secure their future so I understand but can you honestly tell me that if Yuzu leaves her, Mei won't just direct all her focus on becoming the best chairwoman of the Academy because it'll be all she has left?

Am I wrong in wanting her to show she has other emotions? She's cried before, because she didn't know how to handle her situation with her father when her first made his return for one example. I know she cannot manage feelings. I understand that but she has shown to have a jealous streak. Remember when she told Yuzu no more kisses but then hugged her anyway because of Matsuri? Or when she kissed Matsuri to take back Yuzu's kiss? That was the beauty of their relationship in the early stages. Yuzu makes her feel, makes her impulsive to a certain extent. Or is my memory failing me because it has been years.

I understand Mei's had a difficult childhood. Her mother does not give two licks about her, father abandoned her to chase his dreams, leaving her at the clutches of her grandfather who only cares about the school and their family heritage. Her fiancé used to freaking sexually assault her for crying out loud so I understand the root of her stoicism, cynicism, and her incapability to demonstrate and manage her emotions.

All I'm saying is that she has shown growth but after 20 chapters, there hasn't been another step forward on Mei's part. I know she's been trying to communicate but she'd already started that in the beginnings of Citrus +. That's why I'm asking for just a smidge more on her part. She's stunted, I truly understand. But after Yuzu trialing after her like a lost puppy, after Yuzu being jealous and insecure for the umpteenth time, I'd like it if Mei showed us something else. She hasn't made any progress since the first chapters of Citrus +. That's why I've been asking for a role reversal, a jealous Mei to rear her head again. It's always Yuzu and it's become way too repetitive. That's just how I feel.

I mean is Yuzu ugly? Why does everyone crush on Mei but no one has shown legitimate interest in Yuzu. The thing with Harumi hasn't been stated in canon even if I am part of the fanon that believes it to be true. I was hoping Arata could bring out jealous clingy Mei once more.

But it looks more like Mei's going to help Yuzu save Arata's school so that'll be progress. Mei showing her whipped side for once.

I'm not being argumentative. I genuinely want to know what you think I'm reading wrong because I love Mei and Yuzu. It's why, despite my complaints, which only really started after Arata was introduced and we got another (albeit shorter) jealous Yuzu arc, I'm still here reading all these years later.

Aggregator gang
Which part do you think I'm getting wrong? The part where if Yuzu (I know she never will) leaves her Mei will redirect her energy toward the school meaning she might marry for advancement and security? Because even if she's with Yuzu now she's clearly prioritizing school. I know it's because she's trying to secure their future so I understand but can you honestly tell me that if Yuzu leaves her, Mei won't just direct all her focus on becoming the best chairwoman of the Academy because it'll be all she has left?

Am I wrong in wanting her to show she has other emotions? She's cried before, because she didn't know how to handle her situation with her father when her first made his return for one example. I know she cannot manage feelings. I understand that but she has shown to have a jealous streak. Remember when she told Yuzu no more kisses but then hugged her anyway because of Matsuri? Or when she kissed Matsuri to take back Yuzu's kiss? That was the beauty of their relationship in the early stages. Yuzu makes her feel, makes her impulsive to a certain extent. Or is my memory failing me because it has been years.

I understand Mei's had a difficult childhood. Her mother does not give two licks about her, father abandoned her to chase his dreams, leaving her at the clutches of her grandfather who only cares about the school and their family heritage. Her fiancé used to freaking sexually assault her for crying out loud so I understand the root of her stoicism, cynicism, and her incapability to demonstrate and manage her emotions.

All I'm saying is that she has shown growth but after 20 chapters, there hasn't been another step forward on Mei's part. I know she's been trying to communicate but she'd already started that in the beginnings of Citrus +. That's why I'm asking for just a smidge more on her part. She's stunted, I truly understand. But after Yuzu trialing after her like a lost puppy, after Yuzu being jealous and insecure for the umpteenth time, I'd like it if Mei showed us something else. She hasn't made any progress since the first chapters of Citrus +. That's why I've been asking for a role reversal, a jealous Mei to rear her head again. It's always Yuzu and it's become way too repetitive. That's just how I feel.

I mean is Yuzu ugly? Why does everyone crush on Mei but no one has shown legitimate interest in Yuzu. The thing with Harumi hasn't been stated in canon even if I am part of the fanon that believes it to be true. I was hoping Arata could bring out jealous clingy Mei once more.

But it looks more like Mei's going to help Yuzu save Arata's school so that'll be progress. Mei showing her whipped side for once.

I'm not being argumentative. I genuinely want to know what you think I'm reading wrong because I love Mei and Yuzu. It's why, despite my complaints, which only really started after Arata was introduced and we got another (albeit shorter) jealous Yuzu arc, I'm still here reading all these years later.
I really like your take and I agree a lot with it. I want to see more from Mei, because when it comes to Yuzu it's clear as day that she has changed immensely. Yuzu is a lot calmer, more patient nowadays, she takes her studies seriously and has even found a goal for herself, she met her former classmates a while back and Yuzu has changed so much they couldn't recognize her. Most of these changes came to be because of Mei's influence and now I want to see Yuzu influencing Mei.

We saw Mei subtly becoming less robotic and less cold, which was great, but I feel like a lot of that change has been wiped away with the beginning of this current arc. The only thing on Mei's mind now is work work work, which isn't bad but I want to see her treasure Yuzu more, and I want her to come to such a realization herself. I don't want Yuzu to get upset and blow up in the face of Mei and then have Mei realize her mistakes, I don't want Mei to get advice from someone like Matsuri and realize she's been neglecting Yuzu. No, I want her to show us growth and come to such a conclusion all by herself.

Aggregator gang
I really like your take and I agree a lot with it. I want to see more from Mei, because when it comes to Yuzu it's clear as day that she has changed immensely. Yuzu is a lot calmer, more patient nowadays, she takes her studies seriously and has even found a goal for herself, she met her former classmates a while back and Yuzu has changed so much they couldn't recognize her. Most of these changes came to be because of Mei's influence and now I want to see Yuzu influencing Mei.

We saw Mei subtly becoming less robotic and less cold, which was great, but I feel like a lot of that change has been wiped away with the beginning of this current arc. The only thing on Mei's mind now is work work work, which isn't bad but I want to see her treasure Yuzu more, and I want her to come to such a realization herself. I don't want Yuzu to get upset and blow up in the face of Mei and then have Mei realize her mistakes, I don't want Mei to get advice from someone like Matsuri and realize she's been neglecting Yuzu. No, I want her to show us growth and come to such a conclusion all by herself.
Exactly! After 30+ chapters, I'd like if if Mei developed a little more empathy and demonstrate that she's paying close enough attention to Yuzu to be able to notice her emotional state more often. So far, we're like 16 volumes in and it's still Yuzu carrying the dang relationship.

By now I'd like to see the blossoming's of a partnership. Not Yuzu prioritizing Mei's issues all the time while Mei just throws her a bone here and there when Yuzu finally cracks and asks for a little attention.

WE'RE SO BACK! FINALLY!
The art is still just as fantastic, and this was a pretty long chapter. At least we got past the Yuzu jealousy part, so I guess what comes after now is the finale of the arc dealing with the matter at hand, the school problem. Yosh!

Dex-chan lover
Some cultures put more emphasis into paying your 'debt' to your family for raising you, and to keep it prosperous, it makes perfect sense for an elite japanese family to imprint such expectations even more heavily then the average japanese person, and Mei is clearly too attached to those ideals to even reflect on the problems of that system itself. I don't know if it's intentional, but she feels very autistic coded, and people on the spectrum tend to hyperfocus or overattach themselves to certain rules of living because it makes life easier to follow, and Yuzu feels like the one deprograming the more harmful parts of it in her mind (that she has to sacrifice her happiness for her family, that school needs to follow strict behavioral guidelines, that life's all about one's work and family, etc.)
That’s very valid, but my issue stems with this being a problem until the end, which it shouldn’t

It should be a problem resolved much sooner than that, it can be the biggest problem and it can be the longest one, but it shouldn’t span the whole series until the end

Let em resolve the big internal problems and let all the drama that comes after be external, and if u want sprinkle some small internal problems

But a case like Horimiya or Kaguya or Tonikaku or yamada kun would be nice, where it’s not the end goal but just a goal

Sure them getting together was at the end of Citrus but in the halfway point of the series as a whole, so I hope these problems r hashed out like them getting together was hashed out, not at the end of the series

Like the person above me said, Mei needs more development and way before the finale, Yuzu has been getting all of it

Dex-chan lover
Exactly! After 30+ chapters, I'd like if if Mei developed a little more empathy and demonstrate that she's paying close enough attention to Yuzu to be able to notice her emotional state more often. So far, we're like 16 volumes in and it's still Yuzu carrying the dang relationship.

By now I'd like to see the blossoming's of a partnership. Not Yuzu prioritizing Mei's issues all the time while Mei just throws her a bone here and there when Yuzu finally cracks and asks for a little attention.
I’d agree, like I said in my previous comment, it’s fine for it to be a massive goal in the series, but it can’t be the end goal, Mei needs this development much sooner than the finale (much much sooner)

Users who are viewing this thread