Citrus + - Vol. 6 Ch. 36 - September 30th through October 4th

Aggregator gang
I swear Mei is treated and acts like she's 30 instead of 17. That's part of why their relationship feels so weird.

The other part is her obsession with keeping alive a private, gender-specific school for rich elites steeped in oppressive traditions just for the sake of some weird expectations I don't even know why she would care about.

She's in a sapphic relationship with her stepsister yet more invested in keeping alive a dated institution that used to outright forbid sapphic relationships. Clearly she doesn't care about social norms or expectations that much, or she wouldn't have announced an engagement to her stepsister at the age of 17.

I just can't wrap my head around it. If I were her, I'd tell her grandfather to fuck off, sell off the school to the highest bidder, and have a nice foreign wedding with Yuzu. Her weird insistence on finding some in-between path, especially when she puts that path above Yuzu and her feelings, is just so bizarre.
She clearly wants to take charge of the school because she is ambitious. Also, where has she said that she wants to keep Aihara the way it always was? Sure she wants the school to continue to exist, but once she becomes the principal she can change the school to her liking. Hell in this very chapter we see that Akamine is being bought out, the two schools might be merged and become co-ed.

Last edited:
Oh mannn seeing the update for this manga again was so unexpected but THANK YOUU, I've been waiting 🙏
🙏

Dex-chan lover
Is this going to become Succession but with lesbians? Sounds fun ngl.

Supporter
Thanks you so much for the translation and chapter. The ending panel was so surprising. I didn't see that coming. I so love this manga, thanks again

Dex-chan lover
Dude looks like a gangster lol

At this point I'm just ignoring the story :nyoron:

Thanks for your work btw

Dex-chan lover
Hell in this very chapter we see that Akamine is being bought out, the two schools might be merged and become co-ed.
Yeah, I think the author foreshadows a misunderstanding between Yuzu and Mei in this chapter based on her plans to acquire that school.

I doubt Yuzu wants Mei to pick up more schools and more work when she's already spending virtually every minute working. On top of that, Yuzu may misinterpret Mei's intentions for the school (since Mei probably won't explain anything properly), when she just bonded with Arata who seemed to care about his school.

My guess is it goes something like this:
1. Yuzu asks Mei why she's doing it.
2. Mei gives Yuzu like half of one reason when there's a lot of factors behind the decision. Maybe she's actually planning to save the school from a financial meltdown due to it's accumulated debt or something, but she definitely won't say this.
3. Yuzu will get upset that Mei is usurping Arata's position, and Mei will fail to explain that she actually isn't because she'll make Arata work for her.

Just a guess. I hope I'm wrong, but we all know the author loves to do this.

Dex-chan lover
Can't believe this manga/series has reached its 10-year anniversary, yet the main characters are still not married.

Aggregator gang
She's been conditioned to take the role of chairwoman since she was little and has probably never thought about a different avenue, especially since her dad left her alone with her grandfather. I think she genuinely wants to take over, perhaps mostly due to familial obligation but also some part of her enjoys it as well, so she's never though about a different avenue.

Sheesh. Where's this going? Co-Ed school? More boy's disrupting our still incredibly fragile sapphic relationships? Are we ever genuinely getting a jealous Mei arc? Because this is the perfect set up. Yuzu beginning to spend time with Arata out of guilt because she can't say anything about the acquisition since that would be betraying Mei. Of course, Yuzu being Yuzu will also be trying to help Arata think of a plan to save his school from ruin. Arata falling for Yuzu instead of Mei, triggering a robot Mei's jealousy. Just once, I'd like to see more empathy (more anything really) on Mei's part. It's always Yuzu being understanding and loving.

Yes Mei has grown a bit, is trying. But the set ups and drama always seems to highlight it's Yuzu making the effort and Mei barely reciprocating.

Honestly, I was loving Mei's turtle paced emotional growth but now it just feels like she and Yuzu are status quo. Yuzu communicated and Mei answered as many questions as she could, but then a new problem arises and we're back to square one. Hell, now we're at square -1.

I don't even understand why Mei would think there's a point to Yuzu getting to know Arata more if the point is buying their family's school? There's no way they'd keep the past owners on staff since they ran the school to the ground and had to be bought out to be saved. It's incredibly short sighted. Does she really think Yuzu won't get how she gets when she finds out her friend's at the risk of losing his family's business? Does she not know her girlfriend at all?

But like Mei, I've conditioned myself to sticking with this manga to the end. Thanks for the translation!

Supporter
Citrus was for some wrong reason very hated manga so to see people finally understand all of it and see it from the right perspective makes me happy.

Still I wouldnt mind if the author took it easy on Mei and Yuzu somewhat. .. they arw highschoolers yet everything is so serious.... and we dont have a moment with the two of them together, like romantic or somerhing in a very long time....dunno....

The two of them are really not having it easy at all and I kinda....dislike it a bit...but what to do....

Thank you a lot for this new chapter. You made my heart full 🙏❤️

Supporter
She's been conditioned to take the role of chairwoman since she was little and has probably never thought about a different avenue, especially since her dad left her alone with her grandfather. I think she genuinely wants to take over, perhaps mostly due to familial obligation but also some part of her enjoys it as well, so she's never though about a different avenue.

Sheesh. Where's this going? Co-Ed school? More boy's disrupting our still incredibly fragile sapphic relationships? Are we ever genuinely getting a jealous Mei arc? Because this is the perfect set up. Yuzu beginning to spend time with Arata out of guilt because she can't say anything about the acquisition since that would be betraying Mei. Of course, Yuzu being Yuzu will also be trying to help Arata think of a plan to save his school from ruin. Arata falling for Yuzu instead of Mei, triggering a robot Mei's jealousy. Just once, I'd like to see more empathy (more anything really) on Mei's part. It's always Yuzu being understanding and loving.

Yes Mei has grown a bit, is trying. But the set ups and drama always seems to highlight it's Yuzu making the effort and Mei barely reciprocating.

Honestly, I was loving Mei's turtle paced emotional growth but now it just feels like she and Yuzu are status quo. Yuzu communicated and Mei answered as many questions as she could, but then a new problem arises and we're back to square one. Hell, now we're at square -1.

I don't even understand why Mei would think there's a point to Yuzu getting to know Arata more if the point is buying their family's school? There's no way they'd keep the past owners on staff since they ran the school to the ground and had to be bought out to be saved. It's incredibly short sighted. Does she really think Yuzu won't get how she gets when she finds out her friend's at the risk of losing his family's business? Does she not know her girlfriend at all?

But like Mei, I've conditioned myself to sticking with this manga to the end. Thanks for the translation!
I feel you and I am also annoyed with Mei's personality. Maybe author could have explained if Mei had some psychological issue to act so cold all the time... she s either unfeeling or...sad...these r all expressions she nowadays have... dunno....

But yes sticking to Citrus and those two nevertheless and hoping that the author give them a break soon instead of keeping thongs so heavy and complicated...

Double-page supporter
10/10 Cover page. Too bad that the pacing of the releases makes the pacing of the story feel worse than it is.

Aggregator gang
I feel you and I am also annoyed with Mei's personality. Maybe author could have explained if Mei had some psychological issue to act so cold all the time... she s either unfeeling or...sad...these r all expressions she nowadays have... dunno....

But yes sticking to Citrus and those two nevertheless and hoping that the author give them a break soon instead of keeping thongs so heavy and complicated...
I just feel we've all been patient with Mei yet it still feels like Yuzu is still the one carrying their relationship. At this point, Mei would be sad if Yuzu left but then she'd just redirect her energy to school and marry someone else to further her ambitions in a heartbeat. I guess I want to feel like Yuzu's also impacted Mei's life. The author laid down the ground work but then Yuzu got shoved back to the bottom of Mei's priority list once more. I understand Mei's been making an effort, and it felt monumental 20 chapters ago, but now she's reverted back to her work robot mode and ultimately Mei's progress has been still feels inconsequential compared to the strides Yuzu's made for herself and their relationship.

I thought this sequel would focus on Mei's growth but it's just cycling Yuzu's insecurities and relying on her perseverance to be strong and patient with Mei. If I can't get jealous Mei can I at least have an angry Yuzu? Have her allow herself to be upset with Mei for once. Something to break this stagnant flow of their relationship.

I dunno, maybe I need to re-read and see if I missed Mei's growth in between the waiting.

Dex-chan lover
I missed this series so much 😭 I love it when they talk things out, I love Mei's little reassurance like placing her hand on Yuzu's and the little image cuts to the ring and their bears to highlight their union together ❤️

Its been so long I couldn't remember if Yuzu getting a special Yuzu/Citrus panel background for her "aha!" Moments is new or not, but I love it all the same.

And she became bros with Arata?? A little unexpected but very nice! Mei has low-key been lying (to herself or to both of them idk) about how secure she actually is with Yuzu hanging around Arata, so I can imagine Yuzu "taking Aratas side" by opposing the buyout is going to amplify that into an open issue...though if that comes to pass, I have faith they'll remain a strong enough union to talk it through

Supporter
I just feel we've all been patient with Mei yet it still feels like Yuzu is still the one carrying their relationship. At this point, Mei would be sad if Yuzu left but then she'd just redirect her energy to school and marry someone else to further her ambitions in a heartbeat. I guess I want to feel like Yuzu's also impacted Mei's life. The author laid down the ground work but then Yuzu got shoved back to the bottom of Mei's priority list once more. I understand Mei's been making an effort, and it felt monumental 20 chapters ago, but now she's reverted back to her work robot mode and ultimately Mei's progress has been still feels inconsequential compared to the strides Yuzu's made for herself and their relationship.

I thought this sequel would focus on Mei's growth but it's just cycling Yuzu's insecurities and relying on her perseverance to be strong and patient with Mei. If I can't get jealous Mei can I at least have an angry Yuzu? Have her allow herself to be upset with Mei for once. Something to break this stagnant flow of their relationship.

I dunno, maybe I need to re-read and see if I missed Mei's growth in between the waiting.
Thats not what Mei would do. I think you r reading her incorrectly. Dig into her personslity and life and childhood and try to understand her.
Its pure psychology. She,doesnt know,how to show love because,she was never been shown love before and she was abandoned and had a strict childhood. She,does love Yuzu greately but doesnt know how to show it and yes,she does have a lot on her shoulders....

I do mind authors take on manga, she put a lot on her characters and they at their teenage years deal with a lot of shit to be honest. But thats how life is for many people, many kids, especially those eho grow up on privilaged families and cannot live the life how they want .....

But I also sometimes wonder do the author love her characters because she is a little bit sadistic toward Mei and Yuzu....

Anyway this is not a lightharted manga, also not something just for fun, it deals with serious topics and I respect it and I will continue following Mei and Yuzu's journey, but O hope the author will give them a,happy ending and soon and some light hearted moments.

Users who are viewing this thread