Class de 2 Banme ni Kawaii Onna no Ko to Tomodachi ni Natta - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - True Feelings

Group Leader
I'm hoping they completely rewrite the basketball arc and give Yuu more interaction with him to make her realization more impactful.

I also wonder which version they will go with to make Umi realize she can't give Maki up.
actually im hoping they rewrite the divorce arc because to me was a cringefest honestly...

Dex-chan lover
actually im hoping they rewrite the divorce arc because to me was a cringefest honestly...
My problem with the divorce arc is it kept wafting about. First dad is the bad guy, a workaholic that cheats on his wife. That's fine. Then it turns out his mom is the same way minus the cheating. If she had to work so much to make ends meet that's one thing but she didn't and ended up barely having a relationship with her son. Her son ends up crying when he sees a normal family and wants that for fucks suck! Then there was the dream Maki had at the beginning of the arc. And at the end everything goes back to the way it was and nothing more is said about it.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Nice chapter for Umi - she finally let things out and let her two best friends know.
Expecting even more reiwa energy now that she opened up.

Also, extra nice that this will get an anime adaptation in the near future.

Curious which route the anime would follow, I for one hope it's the manga as I think it's the cleanest

Group Leader
My problem with the divorce arc is it kept wafting about. First dad is the bad guy, a workaholic that cheats on his wife. That's fine. Then it turns out his mom is the same way minus the cheating. If she had to work so much to make ends meet that's one thing but she didn't and ended up barely having a relationship with her son. Her son ends up crying when he sees a normal family and wants that for fucks suck! Then there was the dream Maki had at the beginning of the arc. And at the end everything goes back to the way it was and nothing more is said about it.
but thats the thing, aparently there was bo cheating at all... dad started dating the girl after they got divorced, why should he feel guilty? bruh....

idk I feel that this arc was handled in a rly shitty manner.... they try to make like the MC is making peace with the parents but to me feels idiotic.... no one is a villain in this divorce thing but the MC tries to make a villain of both parents, which sounds too dumb..

Supporter
but thats the thing, aparently there was bo cheating at all... dad started dating the girl after they got divorced, why should he feel guilty? bruh....

idk I feel that this arc was handled in a rly shitty manner.... they try to make like the MC is making peace with the parents but to me feels idiotic.... no one is a villain in this divorce thing but the MC tries to make a villain of both parents, which sounds too dumb..
He's a kid whose life was ripped up without being able to do or say a thing. It's natural for him to resent them no matter how much they would try to do on his behalf afterwards.

But he also lets them both off the hook because he recognizes this new life he's put together for himself wouldn't have happened if even one piece of it had changed. He hopes his dad will choose happiness. He hopes his mom will find some kind of fulfillment. He can't do anything more than that for them, though. And he's finally okay with that.

Supporter
It's a process that takes several weeks fire Maki to work through but, by the time he gets everyone back together, he's processed his grief properly and made peace with the fact that only the pain of the past year has made his present and future as bright as they've become. And spending more time with the Asanagis has helped him see that there's an intact family welcoming him in, not one he can only watch from outside. (Also, spending a night with his face in Umi's tits helped heal a lot of things.)

Dex-chan lover
Bravo! All these are really intricate. And the author did great laying down this story!

I also love how, when you don't know what it is the you are feeling, you can just accept that. You're still looking and searching.

Thank you for the great scanlation as always!

Dex-chan lover

things were going on before the breakup. He put his work ahead of his wife and son, becoming emotionally distant from them while growing closer to someone else. Also neither the wife or the son bekieve nothing happened while they were still married.

Also you might want to spoiler tag your post.

Dex-chan lover
It's a process that takes several weeks fire Maki to work through but, by the time he gets everyone back together, he's processed his grief properly and made peace with the fact that only the pain of the past year has made his present and future as bright as they've become. And spending more time with the Asanagis has helped him see that there's an intact family welcoming him in, not one he can only watch from outside. (Also, spending a night with his face in Umi's tits helped heal a lot of things.)
people don't overcome things that quickly. Not only was he dealing with his parents divorce but also learning about his father's betrayal. Even if that is so, it doesn't excuse the pain his parents put him through. For comparison Umi is still dealing with the trauma of being lied to once by her friends and the fact that Yuu is better than her at things. She still worries that someone will steal Maki from here and hasn't fully reconciled with Yuu. Maki basically lost his family and the sense of safety and love that it brings. Even if you want to get past the healing part, there was no change to the characters or the way they acted after the arc. Ghost mom stayed a ghost, dad stayed a stranger.

Being from a broken home isn't something you get over with in a couple of weeks. Parents that abdicate their responsibilites and abandon their families really piss me off, especially when it isn't called out in the story.

Supporter
things were going on before the breakup. He put his work ahead of his wife and son, becoming emotionally distant from them while growing closer to someone else. Also neither the wife or the son bekieve nothing happened while they were still married.
That first bit is definitely true. And Mama Maehara might still think there were shenanigans going on during their marriage. But Maki hearing his dad's kouhai get downright angry that she hadn't made a lick of progress with him in the year following the divorce seems to have convinced him otherwise. And that's key in really pulling back on his own anger.

Dex-chan lover
That first bit is definitely true. And Mama Maehara might still think there were shenanigans going on during their marriage. But Maki hearing his dad's kouhai get downright angry that she hadn't made a lick of progress with him in the year following the divorce seems to have convinced him otherwise. And that's key in really pulling back on his own anger.
She was upset that they weren't more serious. They were still having a sexual relationship, which his father stated started a month after the divorce began. That is a pretty big clue that other things were happening before then. His father wouldn't admit he loved her which is why she was upset. She was also upset that he was still hung up on his family and wanted him to either try and fix things or leave them behind and come to her. Maki was pissed at his father's betrayal and that his father was avoiding making a decison.

Fed-Kun's army
this is the best romance I read since BokuYaba. So good.
This one is really good although I think BokuYaba is better. I need to get further in the WN for this thought to properly judge. Fwiw I enjoy it very much

Group Leader
He's a kid whose life was ripped up without being able to do or say a thing. It's natural for him to resent them no matter how much they would try to do on his behalf afterwards.

But he also lets them both off the hook because he recognizes this new life he's put together for himself wouldn't have happened if even one piece of it had changed. He hopes his dad will choose happiness. He hopes his mom will find some kind of fulfillment. He can't do anything more than that for them, though. And he's finally okay with that.

I mean I get it, but I think the way the author handled was too weird. Didnt sound like a hurt kid trying to get in peace with a traumatic past or someone that grown past his traumas and wanted to give his piece of mind to his parents..... idk just felt too weird how it was handled to me...

sure why he chose the mom is obvious but I guess it would been better showing more of what he went though because of the divorce instead of just making him attack them and setup that weird meeting... because from what I remmeber, his pain due to the divorce was not shown enough. If we saw more I think it would be more natural his reaction to me idk.... I need to read again this arc.... but I guess in general I just dont like how it was done

Group Leader

Also you might want to spoiler tag your post.

... er... wasnt it said pretty clearly that nothing happened? Like sure we need to believe their word, but before the divorce the subordinate was mostly thankful and al, maybe she was already liking him of course, but she never did anything, neither the father.

What you could blame the father is for overworking, but its the classic father that overworks because thinks supporting the family with the money is enough to show love. It happens, doesnt mean something besides that was happening

Group Leader

Yeah not only that I feel like the author spend too much time villanizing the parents and not enough time showing what the mc actually suffered with thr divorce. Maki cried seeing Umi's family sure, we had some exposition chapters, but since we disnt spend too many chapters actually exploring those feelings, him doing all those antagonizing and scheming felt just too weird...

btw, pretty sure they clarified that no cheating happened, his sin was just overworking for the family. He got with the subordinate after they divorced... of course, if they told the truth.

Dex-chan lover
Feel sorry for both of them because it's not either of their fault. Fuck high schoolers T.T

Supporter
I mean I get it, but I think the way the author handled was too weird. Didnt sound like a hurt kid trying to get in peace with a traumatic past or someone that grown past his traumas and wanted to give his piece of mind to his parents..... idk just felt too weird how it was handled to me...

sure why he chose the mom is obvious but I guess it would been better showing more of what he went though because of the divorce instead of just making him attack them and setup that weird meeting... because from what I remmeber, his pain due to the divorce was not shown enough. If we saw more I think it would be more natural his reaction to me idk.... I need to read again this arc.... but I guess in general I just dont like how it was done
This part really isn't a spoiler. The reason we don't see Maki dealing with the most immediate effects of what happened the previous year is that we don't begin the story until all that's several months in the past (and he's still at a point where he's pretty good at shoving all his negative feelings down where he doesn't experience them). Now that things are building up and he's less and less interested in hiding his true feelings, they're all gonna start coming up in a rush. His current ones first, sure, but older ones won't be far behind. Fortunately for him, the positive ones are the ones that come first and make the other ones, (as heavy and as painful as they are, especially when they all hit him at once), manageable with time, his strong new support system, and a night on the Umippai.

Group Leader
This part really isn't a spoiler. The reason we don't see Maki dealing with the most immediate effects of what happened the previous year is that we don't begin the story until all that's several months in the past (and he's still at a point where he's pretty good at shoving all his negative feelings down where he doesn't experience them). Now that things are building up and he's less and less interested in hiding his true feelings, they're all gonna start coming up in a rush. His current ones first, sure, but older ones won't be far behind. Fortunately for him, the positive ones are the ones that come first and make the other ones, (as heavy and as painful as they are, especially when they all hit him at once), manageable with time, his strong new support system, and a night on the Umippai.
yeah I know, thats why it felt too rushed... well not only for that.... but thinking like this about the timeline, I wonder if this can even be re-written.... well eitherway im liking how they are changing lil bits of events till the chapter 17 so far.

Users who are viewing this thread