Class de 2 Banme ni Kawaii Onna no Ko to Tomodachi ni Natta - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - True Feelings

Dex-chan lover
Ah, man, poor Umi. I'm glad she finally got that off her chest (and MC was there to offer his support, since Yuu wasn't going to be able to do that in this case). I hope this means she will be more open and honest with her feelings moving forward.

Dex-chan lover
The part that makes this so difficult for Yuu is that she probably feels like she is being hated for being a good person. I mentioned this last chapter but the part that is surprisingly refreshing is that the perfect girl who isn’t the heroine is genuinely a good person whose unaware of how others get treated by being associated with her (instead of being a secret bitch who only pretends to look good). In the end, this is Umi’s personal problem that she needs to sort out herself because its not like Yuu ever did anything bad. And she knows it too which is why she’s conflicted.

Dex-chan lover
The manga leaned into the WN version here. It's been interesting to see which track this takes when the two sources diverge. (Legit can't wait to see which explanation we get for why Maki and Umi delay actually dating following her confession and his response. Wouldn't be upset if we got both.)
I'm hoping they completely rewrite the basketball arc and give Yuu more interaction with him to make her realization more impactful.

I also wonder which version they will go with to make Umi realize she can't give Maki up.

Supporter
I'm hoping they completely rewrite the basketball arc and give Yuu more interaction with him to make her realization more impactful.

I also wonder which version they will go with to make Umi realize she can't give Maki up.
I used to think that about the basketball arc too, until I realized thare was more than enough there, all handled with subtext. Yuu can be direct with the crazy girl because she knows Maki is there to cool things down if she completely loses it (relying on him with the same total trust she gives Umi). She can focus on training because she knows Maki will find the key that unlocks that girl's issues by any means necessary. She can fight through the first half nightmare because Maki won't let her fight alone (even if she has no way of knowing exactly how).

With all that reliability being aimed straight at Yuu by someone she's already seen quite favorably for quite some time as a person and, for nearly as long, as a guy, it's not surprising her feelings started simmering a lot hotter.

Dex-chan lover
I used to think that about the basketball arc too, until I realized thare was more than enough there, all handled with subtext. Yuu can be direct with the crazy girl because she knows Maki is there to cool things down if she completely loses it (relying on him with the same total trust she gives Umi). She can focus on training because she knows Maki will find the key that unlocks that girl's issues by any means necessary. She can fight through the first half nightmare because Maki won't let her fight alone (even if she has no way of knowing exactly how).

With all that reliability being aimed straight at Yuu by someone she's already seen quite favorably for quite some time as a person and, for nearly as long, as a guy, it's not surprising her feelings started simmering a lot hotter.
I can see where you're coming from. It would be really nice though
to have a few more scenes of them together or if they spent more time looking for a birthday gift. Something to make their relationship grow. Even just having her be the pov character to see her feeling that for him

Bruh girls are just too complicated. Boys just hangout together and do some shit. There's no favorite friends or whatever were all homie lol

Dex-chan lover
I forgot what this manga was and the start of this chapter made me think it was yuri

Supporter
Only thing that annoy's me is the MC being the center of their conflict, even if he wasn't the reason it started
It just makes a "better written" "love" triangle and i find that unnecessary in this one

Supporter
It isn't really that complicated though?

Its just simple jealousy. Liking someone and respecting their good points easily also makes you jealous of their good point as something you yourself lacks. This can be anything, from good looks and friendliness in this manga to more likely real life examples of being wealthy or prestigious. Its hard to hang out with someone you feel is "superior" to you.
It's complicated for middle school / early high school, to put it in that bubble.

Dex-chan lover
Youth, relationships, confusion. Yes. Keep thinking about it young people. Keep thinking and grow. It's a time for emotional growth so you should never think about it and grow more.

Dex-chan lover
LN peeps, We are almost there. Next vol.(release 1Nov23) Should cover that scene from wn.(I hope)
The illustrations are pretty spicy ngl.

I find Manga Umi to be very cute. LN Umi is more of semen demon in my opinion
I mean artstyle of course.

Last edited:
Supporter
LN peeps, We are almost there. Next vol.(release 1Nov23) Should cover that scene from wn.(I hope)
The illustrations are pretty spicy ngl.

I find Manga Umi to be very cute. LN Umi is more of semen demon in my opinion
I mean artstyle of course.
Just wait till the manga hits the onsen arc.

Users who are viewing this thread