Class de 2 Banme ni Kawaii Onna no Ko to Tomodachi ni Natta - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - True Feelings

Dex-chan lover
Japan sure love putting some super pretty girl or handsome guy on a pedestal and worship them.
I wonder if this is something that can actually happen IRL, I just can't imagine it.

Dex-chan lover
What strikes me the most is that so far there's been no mention that her experience matches his, although he's coming from an even lower self-confidence base.

since emotion can also build up from the other party being confronted about it
Yeah, people don't like being confronted. That's why a lot of attempts to convince someone that you're right fails. If you're too confrontational, they're going to be defensive and dig down instead. In person, sometimes even violently.

That girl at the end was savage right out the gate.
That's almost the entire reason I even went into the comments for. Though there are a bit too many spoilers for me to read too much.

Honestly Umi handled it a lot better than I would've.
That makes you still better than average, since most people wouldn't even admit that.

It isn't really that complicated though?
Things rarely are as complicated as they seem. However, conflicting emotions that aren't overt can be hard to identify, which makes it seem more complicated than it is.

What I like about this series so far is that the author manages to present subtle feelings so that they seem relatable.
I like it because it's still kind of chill. Not so much heated and dramatic emotions, but more subdued and supressed honest ones that are hard to define.

the part that is surprisingly refreshing is that the perfect girl who isn’t the heroine is genuinely a good person whose unaware of how others get treated by being associated with her (instead of being a secret bitch who only pretends to look good).
That makes it more real to me. Most people are good, at least mostly so, and way too many stories just writes villains as excuses for plot, rather than fully believable characters in their own.

Contributor
I still felt some anger about what those two fake "friends" did. But I'm really impressed Umi actually confronted the two liars about it and honestly asked them why. Would've been better if she actually showed up during that time the three of them were hanging out, but oh well. She is trying to be nice in the present, but I also love that Yuu really got angry for her sake, even if it's a painful episode from years in the past. It's just so Yuu to react that way.

So much honesty spilling in this chapter. Man, what a cathartic moment for Umi. I feel a little bad for Yuu though, it's not like she deliberately did something bad to be (kinda) hated (especially because they were just set up to be separated by false friends in the past), but with Umi pouring her heart out and honestly speaking her fears about losing Maki to Yuu, I sincerely hope the two girls can make up and then the three of them can move forward as good friends.

Double-page supporter
It isn't really that complicated though?

Its just simple jealousy. Liking someone and respecting their good points easily also makes you jealous of their good point as something you yourself lacks. This can be anything, from good looks and friendliness in this manga to more likely real life examples of being wealthy or prestigious. Its hard to hang out with someone you feel is "superior" to you.
Its not simple jealousy
She basically was in her shadows the entire time and was clearly seen as an "opportunist who is friend with a perfect girl" (which is why the other girls dont like her because she is plain and normal) or the "2nd option" (by people who confessed to the perfect girl). It got to the point she was forever stuck in her shadows and if she made any friends by herself that perfect girl would just steal it from her.

Imagine not being able to be close to anyone yet being constantly with a group of people that act close to you just to get closer to your best friend and possibly see you as a nuisance whenever your best friend prioritise you. Its fucked up

"I'm kinda slow when it comes to stuff like this."

Yeah, you are, but in the complete opposite direction. I don't understand how Yuu couldn't have contacted Umi on her own without being manipulated by the other "friends" (maybe on the night before the hangout).

I feel that she really needs to grow as a person, but thankfully it seems that she is reflecting on things now. Hopefully she will never steal Maehara away from Umi.
she didnt steal anyone if those ppl were friens with umi to begin with they woulnt do that, that situation only exposed them so if maehara is someone who can be stolen then it means he was never that much frnds with umi to begin with dont misunderstand a charecter plz bcoz of ppl around her even she was fooled, everyone loves main charecter bcoz its their pov imangine yuu she just heard that she is hated by her frnd whom she thought was her best frnd this series is only convinient to fmc she even needs male mc as emotional support for me yuu is the best charecter though she can be changed atleast she is not someone who hates someone bcoz she couldnt deal with thier own shit and blambing their best frnd, thats what one get for thinking one is above other and not sharing its not all above sacrifice in a bond its the trust to allow somone to sacrifice for you, to have the hope to believe that they would do the same thing that you would do for them if they were in this situation

Dex-chan lover
Fuck man this hits way too close to home. It happened to me with my best friend and now I don't have friends anymore. He was a crybaby most of the time and I was helping him and introducing him to people when we were young. One of the people I introduced him to did something similar to that.

which lead me to disliking people in general and becoming a loner. I am still capable to dealing with people and pretending to be friends with them but I just loath talking to anyone.

Fed-Kun's army
Friendships tend to be hard work. People in friend groups go through this all the time. When they introduce a special friend to their group

Very relatable stuff. Love this author. Also love Elite Knight as its adorable

Users who are viewing this thread