click search button to redirect to advanced search

Group Leader
3-38128_computer-icons-search-box-magnifying-glass-download-search.png

click this to get https://mangadex.org/search
for those who search new manga by their tag

like an advanced search button

Double-page supporter
Erhm why? It's just 2 clicks away from literally any page. Is one extra click too much for you?

Double-page supporter
> but still it would be more open than...

Nope. Opening advanced search when searching for empty string is very non intuitive. It's literally next to impossible to imagine usual search box works this way.

Edit: try it with google or bing or any other search engine. Not a single one works this way.

Group Leader
@bzzbzz
try it with google or bing or any other search engine. Not a single one works this way.
maybe they just don't need an advanced search coz they don't have one
I still stand beside what I said, clicking search button to go to search page is far more quicker(and easily accessible) than clicking sidebar>manga>search(at least in mobile)
or at least a dedicated button to open advanced search next to search button

Dex-chan lover
You mean, "maybe they just haven't do an advanced search coz they don't need one?"

Dex-chan lover
Instead of asking "why should searching for an empty string do x?" (does the average user of this site even know what "empty string" means) or "why do x when a site whose core purpose, structure, and design philosophy are different does not?", try asking "why does clicking that little magnifying glass button not take me to the dedicated search page?"

One person's "baffling design decision" is another person's "neat little shortcut"

Someone has noted in a previous thread that implementation is as simple as removing the "required" attribute from the search box. The thread was so long ago, though, I don't know if it got a staff response or what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread