College Student Empress

@Mewples I mean, not to start an argument, but most of those people can be equally as irrational as the Emporer is being, and they're mostly given a pass bc they aren't directing it at some1 irl, which is what most people are getting mad at the Emporer for.

Like, from what we can tell, the Empress probably had very little to say in the engagement, and from Chapter 4 we can glean that she hasn't actually done or said anything to the Concubine (that he knows of, at least). She hasn't consciously impeded his romance at all, and yeah, I cant fault him for feeling frustrated because he cant be with the one he loves, but that doesnt give him justification for his actions, that gives reason.

He also isnt just taking his frustrations out on the people around him, he's specifically being an ass to her (again, someone hes acknowledged hasn't really done anything in Ch 4). Like he puts energy into this, the MC comments that he looks excited at some point.

I'm not saying hes irredeemable, I'm not saying he isnt a complex person, and I understand why he feels and thinks this way, but that doesnt stop the fact that the Emporer is being an malicious asshole. An empathetic one once you remeber all the facts but still a malicious asshole, and towards someone who hasn't actually done shit and who he acknowledges hasn't done shit.

Tl;dr cool motive, still an asshole.

Also, additional note: dropping a story because the way a main character acts genuinely frustrates you badly and makes the reading experience unpleasant isnt just 'looking surface level', it's the mature thing to do. If reading something becomes a chore, stop reading it.

Aggregator gang
@MayhemTrinkets Still if you want something basic again I suggest peppa pig, you know on the surface, self explanatory, a good fit ~

He isn’t being that irrational, he was forced to marry her, the fact he is married to her is the problem because remember the basic thing? The love of his life is not his more formal wife
He has the one he loves but he wants her as his formal wife and not concubine, that’s the reason he is frustrated

Theirs nothing to redeem for though and he is not being malicious, he could of killed her irrationally but he hasent, in fact he is nicer then the usual in this sort of story usually she would of been attacked or something but he is just being rude to her when he sees her, it’s not like he is turning her place into a cold palace where he is starving her or depriving her of essentials
He is rude, wants her to give up or be divorced or how he would see it show her true vile colors so he can get rid of her

Okay, go marry some random person instead the person you love and accept that for ever and ever then since your so cool with that happening

Well no point if it’s not justified, sorry I just pissed off people giving up on good stories because they can’t be bothered to get immersed in the plot but still have the goddamn gall to say how repeatative some stories are....Hello you ditched stories that were different so it narrows what a writer can produce since it ‘won’t be popular’ it’s part why theirs so many dumbed down stories and yeah but sorry that frustrating

Fed-Kun's army
Mc’s doing stupidly good for being dropped into such a shitty situation. At the very least I hope she doesn’t get matched up with the ml.

Supporter
I vote for the yuri netori route! Go, Empress, steal his girl, even if she has already sibling-zoned him!

i hate that childlike shit but i love the empress and that concubine so imma read and wait, a yuri development is a must too 😍

This webtoon is officially licensed by pocket comics and it's at chapter 24.

Not sure about this... If I knew she was going to crush ML like Cheating Men Must Die, I'd be 100% on board, but I don't see any other love interests, and if she gets with ML and he gets all his shit behavior just brushed under the rug (terrible leader of the people, sending assassin's after the Empress and mistreating both our Queen and nice concubine bf) then I'd riot

I hate the fact that this was probably dropped bcus it got an official translation, but I can't get the app cus it's not available in my country. Thanks 🤩

Okay people. We all know what we want here.
Empress should take the reins of the country, become the emperor and take the beautiful concubine as her empress.
Throw the man-child to the sea, and live happily gay after.
Do it you coward.

Yuri ending would be better or at least friendship..... but can’t expect much huh

If the emperor is the male lead, I'm dropping this 100%
If it ends in a yuri relationship with the concubine and empress, I stan
Fucking man-child of an emperor - I'm surprised the dynasty hasn't fallen yet with such a dickhead as their leader.

Users who are viewing this thread