Comment button opens chapter in updates page if there are no comments

Dex-chan lover
I tried clicking the forun comment thing for a new chapter of a manga but it instead lead me to the chapter instead. Had to go to the update page and click there to go to the chapter forum

Dex-chan lover
It's a known bug that occurs if there is no existing forum thread. It should be fixed in the next site update IIRC.

Dex-chan lover
Title explains the problem: on both phone and laptop (microsoft edge browser), clicking on the comments button in the updates page sometimes opens the chapter instead. This sometimes is if the "no comments, want to start the thread" popup appears. If there is a thread created, then it'll open the comments in a new tab, and not open the chapter, as it should.

Dex-chan lover
I'm experiencing a bug where, in the main series view, if I click the button to go to a particular chapter's comment thread, subsequently clicking anywhere on the page will cause the browser to go to that chapter. This is normally not an issue, because if there are any comments, the new tab with the forum thread opens effectively instantaneously; but if there are no comments yet and clicking the button simply opens the 'be the first to comment?' modal, this behaviour becomes visible. Recently, in situations where there is no comment thread to open, my one click on that button seems to itself trigger the loading of the chapter - which means I cannot be the first to comment on a chapter, because by the time I can click on the 'yes' option, the chapter page itself has already loaded.

mod note - moved to existing thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Currently experiencing the same issues, too

mod note - moved to existing thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Same here, on mobile. Best workaround is to access comments/forum via reader. There's option under "menu". Works even if there's no forum thread yed. Just need to double tap

Users who are viewing this thread