Concerning the US Protests and Our Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Fire destroys Southern California warehouse linked to Amazon
And they say riots don't help small businesses
r8kiExu.png

@fuckwit

- the entire movement should not be stopped or derailed because there was rioting
- do tell, what is race-baiting about the protests? because cops have been oppressing POC for decades and this was the final nail, this isn't a new thing. that there have been so few extreme responses to police violence is frankly shocking
- yeah the cops are really trashing the communities they're supposed to be protecting, you're absolutely right. shit, watched the portland protests last night and they were just launching tons of tear gas directly into unrelated traffic, it was nuts and super fucked up
- the republican party is absolutely not against misinformation, lies and manipulation, they've got an entire news station exclusively for it

@sullieman you seem to be a racist, 4chan-contaminated bigot based on your angry, hateful ramblings. I hope you find peace in your life that doesn't involve such hatred of others, then perhaps someone might love you one day.

Dex-chan lover
@Captaininvictus
You're right, it shouldn't. It should be stopped for being rotten to the core. Misguided from the very beginning. Honestly at this point it's probably better to just disband BLM and start a new organization for black interests without the vile racist baggage of old BLM. This time, perhaps they could try to actually change meaningful things (like redlining, city planning, massive problems with education, gang and drug problems, and crackdown on guns) instead of throwing around misplaced rage at white people.

Contributor
I'm quite surprised this thread has been made, or rather I'm surprised that people think this thread was necessary in the form it was given. If you want to appear neutral, just ban political discussion, that's all there is to it, this is a primarily scanlations site not a forum. If you want to support whichever side you fancy, do so, but at least have the decency of openly saying what you think instead of tip-toeing around the issue. What I'm trying to say is, I think, is that I come to this site to read manga, and not people's opinions on subjects so remote from the reason I'm here to begin with.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you MD admins!
Even if I agree with someone's political opinions and they start posting them in their credits page, I believe it's wrong to do so.
It's been said previously, but it needs to be reiterated, people use manga as a way to escape, even if it's just for a short time.
Politics and religion should be left out, so everyone can enjoy their time here.

>asks people to stop talking about politics
>immediate political discussion in comments
>mod discusses ACLU
Simply epic :D

@Plykiya TBF, would you realize if the mods were going on a power trip? You didn't even realize you made a biased post. You thought you were being neutral. So if you can't catch it in your own post, how would you be able to catch it for someone else?

Thanks for keeping politics out of non-political literature. If anyone here wants to discuss the matter, there are plenty of more appropriate places to do so, like Reddit or Facebook.

Here's my 2 cents, for what it's worth. This will be my only post in this thread.

Creating political change is like creating a diamond: you need to keep up pressure over time. When an officer kills someone, we get pressure for a short time, but it's not enough to effect any real change.

Police killings like this have occurred at least twice a year for as long as I can remember, and the response is always the same. Democrats say they'll pass new laws. American corporations make nominal donations to some charity or other and tweet something inspirational. The Fairweather Protesters get out their pitchforks and cameras so they can post everything to Instagram. A couple of weeks later, the protests are just a blip in a Facebook timeline, leaving those who are truly dedicated to stopping police brutality to tread water until the next time an officer murders someone.

For those who advocate change, what were you doing two weeks ago, and what will you be doing two weeks from now? If you want change, stick to that advocacy. Don't just donate a few dollars and pay lip service for a week or two every time a black man is murdered by law enforcement.

Defunding law enforcement without having anything to replace it is a recipe for disaster. If you want change, figure out what you want to change and how. Carrying signs and chanting slogans is great, but without a coherent plan for reform, you'd be equally served by screaming into a void.

@dube So like I get your point, and if you were talking to anyone else you would probably be right. But no I am not surprised and yes I have thought about that a lot lmao. I'm Muslim myself so the Uyghurs displacement/imprisonment/murder is something that pretty directly impacts me. I'm also South Asian so what has been happening in Pakistan since the Bengali Liberation has also been important to me.

I would never compare levels of discrimination because I think that's a ridiculous thing to do. If someone is having a bad day you don't go "yeah but my day is worse," instead you talk with them, listen, and try to help. The issue in America is an issue, nobody is saying it's the only issue in the whole world. But I want to do something about it rather than ignore it because there is "worse elsewhere"

I am glad you acknowledge the oppression of minority groups since that is far better than the racist reply I received to my comment. and yes the WWW is not the USA, it is still a privilege to be able to separate a group's fight from your own world view, whether you are talking about the Uyghurs or the murdering of the black community by cops.

ETA: I do community work in social justice so these issues are basically what I eat and breathe

Holy crap, +300 posts in this thread and it's only been a day or so.

Please keep going at it guys, gives me something to read during my pointless existence. 💯💯💯

Dex-chan lover
Thanks to the staff for keeping this site focused on its purpose.

Aggregator gang
Their slogan and message is common sense. but their actions are not. the investment is in the treatment, not cure. their currency is lies. Politics has no place here. Every political group is corrupted by the power they have gained. they could have solved your problems if they wanted to. but they need to keep your problems existing so that the hope of them fulfilling their promises will keep them in power. Remember which state they die in. who controls that state and city. there is no reason why they couldn't have fixed our problems. Know your true enemy.

*Prevents half the users from posting*
*Moderates comments about crime statistics*
Pure coincidence. 😎

Can we just remove the moderated comments and block features since they're not going to be used? Moderated comments are hidden by default and you know exactly what you're doing when you choose to show them.
I wonder what this hentai setting does? What the fuck, why is there adult content being shown now!?

Escapism is not the answer for the bad things that are happening around the world. If anything, trying to escape reality will only make the moment when you realize how shitty everything is even worse.

I can agree with comments on chapters and manga not having this kind of discussion since it can be considered off-topic however I think a subforum dedicated to IRL discussions (I don't know if there's one already) would be good for moderation, keeping people being vocal about their beliefs and also keep the site organized.

That being said, anyone has the right of saying what they think but please ban any blatantly racist comments. Racism is one of the scummiest acts that a human being can do, it should always be punished as such.

Group Leader
I never thought I'd see MD mods being worst than reddit mods, but this is straight out of r/politics and the CCP playbook, possibly worse. Other forums banning political contents makes much more sense when you see this. Well, no point in repeating yourself or trying to convince people. Nothing really changes at the end of this thread. The virtue signalers get their ego boosted, the oppositions still think BLM is hypocrite, and non-Americans who don't want to get involved will just brush this off. And the group in question will forget about this in a few weeks and crimes will continue.

Just read about some Indian actor being criticized for advertising skin whitening cream. I use one and it has nothing to do with your damn race or whatsoever. Social media insanity, lol...
LivePD getting pulled because people don't wanna see cops. Until they need to call them.

Wonder if we're gonna end up on Twitter or Reddit because of all this nonsense.
"Bigoted White supremacists take up shelter on illegal manga scanlation site to denounce BLM and sprout far-right hates." Tomorrow on CNN and HuffPo, probably.
I'm neither left nor right, but I'm not immune to losing my calm when lies are spread. Have fun, whoever still sticks around. F for our fallen comrades, lol.

Which moderated comments? I see a bunch of comments about Moderated comments but I don't see which comments.
I am morbidly curious what comments everyone is so intent on falling on their swords for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread