Concerning the US Protests and Our Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Seattle has an autonomous zone. Looks real fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PVdSBd5HFY&feature=youtu.be

Peaceful "protester" tells cops to kill themselves. https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1269526817947316226

cnn gets blasted. https://twitter.com/TONYxTWO/status/1269600112310919171

I'm not the biggest fan of the Police but they have a purpose.

i just have one question @Halo :
https://mangadex.org/thread/260818/30/#post_2291701
sauce?
(also hwy the hell twice in a row did google image search identify the pages from this manga as "marijuana comic"? lmao)

also wow, still going, though it appears there seems to have been reached a roughly mutual understanding on here, perhaps courtesy of discussion having been more civil lately or just due to @Tamerlane being the voice of reason on here... also huh, interesting to see you too are on the spectrum like me, wonder if that has any relation to how i agreed with you pretty much from the start, i've seen many people these days who are on the spectrum as well having similar stances, perhaps it comes from the neutrality that we tend to have due to being yet another subset of people who aren't the absolute norm? not that it matters anyway, this is all such a mess regardless.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah Tamerlane is pretty swell and takes the effort to chuck in walls of text

Dex-chan lover
@iota-09
uZWdPjh.png
Centaur no Nayami is a comfy manga 🙂

@a-rabid-velociraptor
It's like to say surgeons have a purpose because they remove forgotten items they left inside patients.
Of course police has a purpose, even those who want to "defund" it acknowledge that. But that doesn't give them a reason to randomly shoot and beat up people and be protected from consequences.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo That's funny because "protestors" have shot far more people with real bullets than the police have. They're the ones randomly shooting and beating up people now on top of burning shit to the ground.

https://m.startribune.com/minneapolis-st-paul-buildings-are-damaged-looted-after-george-floyd-protests-riots/569930671/

"At least 600 buildings across the Twin Cities have been vandalized, looted or had doors and windows smashed. Some have been reduced to rubble, and at least 67 have been destroyed completely by fire."
But fuck the popo amirite

Dex-chan lover
https://twitter.com/TheWholeStory6/status/1270659706709610496
And when in power these people immediately act like those they claim to hate.
What a fucking joke

Dex-chan lover
@Traze
Thank you for putting "protesters" in the quotation marks. Glad we're on the same page by not acknowledging these people as "protesters".

Dex-chan lover
@Halo And glad to see you're tiptoeing around the point. They ain't undercover cops 😃

Meanwhile LARPers in Seattle are doing a communism speedrun, already taken over by a warlord extorting local businesses.

Dex-chan lover
@Traze
Was I supposed to say they're undercover cops? Sorry, I'm not into conspiracy theories so you'll have to pass me the script in advance next time.

But you do realize that with this rhetoric you're putting unorganized and untrained civilian mobs and police on the same pedestal? Even I wouldn't go that far with my criticism of the police...

Dex-chan lover
@Halo Fair enough for that first point.

And not really, it's about becoming the very thing you swore to destroy. And being so weak you're now ruled by a soundcloud rapper.

Dex-chan lover
@Traze To be fair, this whole thing is very good writing.

What a sound parallel to introduce near the end of the first arc. Surprising character development for what we thought were joke characters, and kinda subversive if you think about it. Solid thematic throughline all things considered, although the pacing seems kinda erratic at times. 2020 is shaping out to be one of the best volumes so far.

It's a bit bland though... Maybe they should introduce a mascot character, not a dead one like George, or orange haired like Donald. Maybe a magical transforming cop could be good, even if a bit weeby. Hope to see it in my news feed

Dex-chan lover
@Traze
it's about becoming the very thing you swore to destroy
Again, you're comparing a government agency with supposedly trained personnel to a mob of angry people guided by herd behavior. If this is your justification for the actions of the police prior to the riots, things are really fucked up.

And this is not like the chicken or the egg dilemma. These protests and riots happen every other year, but they happen only after some cops do some retarded shit and then act like they're the victim. Personally, I'm quite tired of this shit - police fuck-ups and riots alike. The simplest solution I see is to take away the reason for riots, in other words - get rid of police unions, increase training hours, enforce accountability. If this is too much to ask, I guess riots it is 🙄

> soundcloud rapper
Meh, 90s rap was the peak, it's all downhill from there.

just gonna say i'm glad for you guys answering my question.

also lmao, anarchism... i was writing a story(well, a text rpg's story) where this is an extremely plausible outcome, this could be a very interesting case study.

Based Mangadex,

the last thing I wanted was to see American propaganda in my Mango. Keep that shit in your Twitter echo chamber.

If all lives matter, why is anti-white racism the only kind that won't get you banned from social media and fired from your job? 🤔

Dex-chan lover
If all lives matter, why is anti-white racism the only kind that won't get you banned from social media and fired from your job?
I know you're baiting, but comparing actual lives to mean words on twitter? This is pathetic even by sjw standards....

Ehhh? maybe americans are blowing this out of proportion? i don't see why this had to become global news. i don't even get why other countries are protesting an event that happened miles away from them, i mean isn't there something more relevant happening on their own country that people should be upset about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread