Concerning the US Protests and Our Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
So Minneapolis voted to abolish/replace the Police.

My money is on that not working out well.

Dex-chan lover
My money's on CHAZ and Minneapolis looking like Detroit in about three days. Maybe worse @sterven @Thoraxe41

I think it's fair to say that even now the protests/riots won't stop because there's people who just want to be mad and there's definitely groups that think this will further their own political goals, whether that be a marxist revolution or a racial agenda.

The concern is that at this point the military's definitely going to be called in, and the fatalities will definitely rise by a lot. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Minneapolis and Seattle go under Martial Law, because if my memory of the history of the US civil war is anything to go by, shit's fucked.

"If you're considering donating to support those affected by this event, a potential option would be your local bail fund as found here, or any other nationally known organization."

So much for you being neutral. That link just proved to us who you really support - you support the rioters, because you're linking to their bail fund. You have no idea how many innocent people have lost their businesses because of those nasty rioters. And yes, rioters, because there's no such thing as peaceful protesting when you're dealing with people like that.

@SunSun

You're absolutely right! BLM is racist against white people. They also don't care about black lives at all. If they actually cared about black lives, they would talk about all the innocent black families killed in Chicago by other blacks, not cops and all the black babies Planned Parenthood has killed.

@Fuckwit

"But the exact phrase "all lives matter" is different, it has meaning beyond face value."

Um... what? No it doesn't. It literally just means "all lives matter". You're making stuff up and seeing things that don't exist.

@Tamerlane I normally go up to Detroit twice a year to fish lake St. Clair. Detroit is bad enough normally but I can't imagine what it might be like now with all this garbage going on. I've heard gunshots outside my hotel on multiple different occasions. The place is a dumpster fire. I was set to go this year but i'm strongly considering going somewhere else. Can you imagine Detroit abolishing its police force.

Anyway, if this chaz situation was ever made into a movie it would be a comedy. Have you seen the shit that's going on there, it's comedy gold. Well some stuff is, other stuff is disturbing.

This honestly looks like a hostage situation- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL9Aud77MEk&t=418s

Their list of demands- https://medium.com/@seattleblmanon3/the-demands-of-the-collective-black-voices-at-free-capitol-hill-to-the-government-of-seattle-ddaee51d3e47

LOLZ what a clusterfuck- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOMMZzWaEI

Dex-chan lover
This is hilarious to watch unfold but I definitely feel for all the regular citizens in these affected areas. I can for sure say that I don't see myself moving to an inner city in the future.

@a-rabid-velociraptor Clusterfuck is the perfect word to describe this lmao. Also MR. OBVIOUS is based af, it's good to see that in the midst of this outrage there are still rational people who look at facts objectively and see through the narrative.

Dex-chan lover
@Purplelibraryguy I've personally never been fond of living in an inner city. I've got nothing against people who do, it's just not for me. But occurrences like these certainly repel me further from choosing to live in one.

mangadex: we wanna take a neutral stance
also mangadex: donate to local bail funds that directly help a specific side

Cops dont need a bailfund @astolfo_is_hot , they have their union rep so they dont get charged with anything. YOUVE SHAMED YOUR SOURCE TRAP!
D9btNx7XYAEnwvY

@blackyawgdom ????? u ok?
my point is ur either for or against the "protests" and bail funds specifically benefit the protestors and because mangadex said to donate to bail funds they are doing a bad job of taking a neutral stance

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I'm more of suburban kinda guy.

I like watching wildlife and nature (Looking at stars without all the light pollution) and typically don't like the culture of big cities or how unclean they tend to be (part of that's the hippie in me and part of that's animal lover.) But I also like having all the necessities of life and fast WIFI, so it's a trade off.

Unfortunately, I will have to go to one of the biggest cities in my state for college, so that's awkward. @bigtiddyoneesan @Purplelibraryguy

Dex-chan lover
@astolfo_is_hot I agree, even though Mangadex had good intentions, I'd say that when attempting to stay neutral, the less you say the better. With that being said, I commend Mangadex at their attempt to being unbiased and their policy of no political content shoehorned into uploaded manga, and I think they've done better than most at not having a stance, especially when it's so easy to give into the zeitgeist and play it on the safe side as a brand.

@Tamerlane I for sure share that suburban sentiment lol. It's my preferred environment to live and potentially raise a family in. And good luck with that city college, I hope the professors aren't too preachy. I've been in a multitude of classes where the professor has attempted to include their own political stances into their teachings, and it can be pretty tiring to listen to.

An anonymous letter from a UC Berkley professor- https://medium.com/@soumynona_/anonymous-letter-from-uc-berkeley-professor-in-response-to-black-lives-matter-protests-24a66a6f1ca7

Video of said letter with commentary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6e26FuLuTk&feature=youtu.be

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane I can dig that. I don't personally care that much about the night sky issue . . . maybe if I'd had more experience of what I'm missing, I would. But I like to have it both ways, so I'm happy where I live--far enough out that there's plenty of hiking trails, close enough in that it's practical to go into town and check out good bakeries and restaurants and things. I don't mind the culture of the city though . . . well, strictly speaking it's just that I don't mind the culture of the city any more than the culture of the country; I kind of hate modern mass culture in general, and Nashville is really just Hollywood with a pickup truck: There's no authenticity either way. Both the country and the city have some good things that manage to stay alive, but they're half choked both places.

These comments are disappointing.

Defind the police doesn't mean get rid of them. It means stop giving them all the jobs they're not trained nor qualified for. Police aren't equipped to battle homelessness or fix mental health issues. They don't know how to address drug addiction. Defunding the police means taking some of the money we're giving them and devoting them to city workers that are better able to handle the issue.

We do this with other things. If you call for an ambulance and instead of getting EMTs you got an officer with gun, how would you feel? If you needed the fire department and only a vop showed up, how would he stop your house from burning?

Racisn exists in this country and police are killing black people and not being held accountable for it. We have statues celebrating Confederate generals in *DC*. There are participation trophies all of this country for those who participated in slavery. Ive only been to Germany once, but Im pretty sure they don't have statues of Hitler hanging around. We can't really claim to have moved passed slavery and racism when we have streets, and statues, and Miltary bases named after those who fought for it. Those people belong in text books and documentaries, not on street signs and pedestals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread