Cosmic Censorship - Vol. 5 Ch. 39 - Old Friend

Dex-chan lover
Man... One rare cool sci-fi series that was interesting and it got the guillotine treatment. :fml::fml::meguuusad:
Does anyone know why it got axe? I don't think it got overly tedious/monotone/stale.
Oh well, time to wait for the next planet-alignment for another interesting sci-fi manga. :pout::pout:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man, the axe hit hard with this one.
Were any of story/plot points even closed or explained properly?
It really did, a couple of chps ago, I was wondering how is this series gonna end in a few chps with so much left unexplained, introducing maki childhood friend a major story character that apparently is from the previous universe and a part of the other group and information right at the end of the series. The flow of the story should have been paced from beginning, middle and end not just right at the end with the info dump, then it turns out the censors are the bad guys. I still have so many questions, but I don't know, this series had at least another 30+chps easy. I enjoyed the premise of the story, unfortunately it just wasn't executed properly.

Aggregator gang
Does anyone know why it got axe? I don't think it got overly tedious/monotone/stale.
I think the issue was that the mystery box was played into too hard and the female lead was just too passive/static. Instead of actively seeking to understand the mysteries of the series she basically passively waited for those mysteries to be explained to her. In a well done mystery the readers and characters should be detangling the mysteries at roughly the same rate. In several cases various "mysteries" where comprehended by the readers well before the characters who were implied to have more information than the readers solved or explained it.

Supporter
Yeah it was hardly perfect, but you’re telling me there’s more appetite for a thousand shitty power fantasy isekai harem manga than there is for this? Anyhow it’s a decent end to the arc, name-drop of Roger to develop intrigue, maybe in some timeline the author will be able to continue it. Like as a Twitter comic, or through a pay-per-view host.

Dex-chan lover
I think the issue was that the mystery box was played into too hard and the female lead was just too passive/static. Instead of actively seeking to understand the mysteries of the series she basically passively waited for those mysteries to be explained to her. In a well done mystery the readers and characters should be detangling the mysteries at roughly the same rate. In several cases various "mysteries" where comprehended by the readers well before the characters who were implied to have more information than the readers solved or explained it.
The events of this final arc could have been a great catalyst for Maki to actually start trying to figure shit out herself, but alas.

Users who are viewing this thread