Creature Girls: A Hands-On Field Journal in Another World

If you guys want english translation, here the website https://manhuascan.com/manga-creature-girls-a-hands-on-field-journal-in-another-world.html.

Dex-chan lover
@Yuragi MD is not your average aggregator that steals people's work, only the TL group can post their own stuff. Theres a rule saying that if the TL group disbands you can upload their stuff after a 6 months grace period tho.

Double-page supporter
I believe some medical and psychological tags are needed.

Double-page supporter
I believe some medical and psychological tags are needed

Double-page supporter
I believe some medical and psychological tags are neI believe some medical and psychological tags are needededed

Taishi is very interesting and unique character. Especially the way he treat female prisoners and his reasoning behind it. It is refreshing to see MC that was cured of gynocentrism.

Fed-Kun's army
@Yuragi Because this manga actually has an official english translation, since well, a long time. Which was smart of them, tbh. I own all 5 volumes currently, they're awesome. Check for the series on the googleplay store.

Found the english release, got to chapter 32 where he goes full red-pill MRA nonsense.

If you read this before you find the series in english or read it? Take my advice. Stay the fuck away. It was only C-tier harem isekai to start with bad science and worse sociology before (and some outright lies about various societies around the world, or at least, almost criminally ignorant spreading of disproven hokum), and by the time he introduces the centaur gal he's begun soap boxing, when the vampire girl came around and the soap box began to infect the primary narrative in a whole MRA slippery slope 'this is what PC society and equality of the genders will turn us into' way? I knew it was time to bail. There are better reads out there, and even ones with cuter girls and better sex scenes. Just avoid it friendos.

It's so unreasonable that this monster girl smut is some of the most interesting stuff happening in the isekai genre. A world that denies almost every easy cheat a protagonist would use, it's basically a deconstruction of both power fantasies and of harem. Technological advancement is iterative and bitches got agendas, this is truly revolutionary stuff in isekai.

Dex-chan lover
It was an interesting premise at the start. I liked the focus on evolutionary/anatomical explanations. I liked the discussion around how they tried to implement various technology.

Everything was pretty solid till the author added the "rape is good, real feminism is being subservient" centaur. From that moment on it went super downhill. From the 2nd mc convincing girls to get raped and that they like it, to the multiple afterwords where the author goes on tirades about wokeness and feminism, it just turned into weird redpill incel shit. It was already long winded, giving me multiple 500 word essays on feminism is too much.

Clearly the author needs to work through some issues and tanking your series on a meltdown against "Penis power supremacists" while you rave about how much women are empowered by being slaves to men is is pretty idiotic.

Dex-chan lover
If you get past the author's fedora tipping misanthropy and mental acrobatics to justify his fetishes, it's a fun story with interesting takes on mythical creatures. Some sophomoric understanding of developmental and evolutionary biology and mechanical engineering though.

Honestly should be some ntr tag for this shit, didn’t think harem meant letting the girls have sex with whoever they please

Fed-Kun's army
Only up to chapter 4 but its not terrible, the author feeds you a steady diet of monster girl tiddies and white bar censored twatwaffles and at least pretends to be smart enough to fake-science/bullshit study all the girls but some of it is logical enough to make you go 'hmmm yeah I could see that' such as the arachnee girl's being mammals and a skeletal structure rather than being a utterly incompatable mixture of human and spider.

Also immediately wanted the MC to yeet the harpy the moment she went into paper airplane mode. That being said this is just 'smart-ish ecchi' and the MC going around screeching about becoming the creature girl harem king is painfully cringey.

Addendum towards chapter 31: Much later down the road there is some pretty complex thoughts on societal norms, especially how centaur view the 'human condition' and 'thought drugs' which is neat and thoughtful, pretty much shit on seconds later by the same centaur going on about how she likes being raped - as a kink , I get it, morally - its insane. There is also a microchapter devoted to a mermaid giving a expose on why feminism is retarded, its pretty hilarious.

If nothing else, the author is clearly having fun with this project.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Upon attempting to reread this I've remembered why when I first read this years ago I dropped it; too much preachy garbage by a nitwit who learned some basic social science and history and thinks he knows it all. There's no need to go to such lengths to justify superimposing whatever your fetishes are onto fantasy cultures, a passing line and some handwaves would've sufficed. All that the preaching and walls-o-text do is get in the way of the fun stuff in this work. You can do social & cultural commentary in your erotica without dropping a grand-piano sized anvil on your readers you hack.:aquadrink:

Avoid this manga, really, just don't read this, the start and the setting are so nice but in the end this is all a pathetic attempt from the Mangaka to preach the weird ideals into the readers.

The start is a bait for the usual reader to go "yaay a harem isekai, i will read even if its trash" but then you're presented with some actual effort (even if it is clumsy) in development towards world building and how MC wants to use our world science in the isekai.
It doesn't take long till the MC easily makes his harem a thing and everyone supports it, MC friend is also introduced where he seems to be doing really well... but that's where everything crumbles apart...

Suddenly some characters are introduced in the story and they start to talk about culture and how their society works and why they're correct
makes a dedicated chapter just to preach how feminism works and how people "are wrong about how the feminism works" . There is even the foreshadowing of the Centaur girl (and MC friend on his own separated side) explaining how "rape isn't really a bad thing" (execuse me??) and how human society makes it look bad just so the harpy girl from MC side "is being courted" by another male harpy but when she refuses to have sex with him they need to "battle" and if he wins she needs to let him rape her and MC even watches it without showing anger since "everything is fine because the female isn't being harmed" while showing her having pleasure while raped

I would continue to say even worse things about this manga which have one of the best potentials from this sort of story but its wasted in such dumb premises in order to "sell sex" to the reader... But turns out it isn't worth, i just hope no one reads this bullshit

Users who are viewing this thread