Crimson Karma - Ch. 62

@caramelcookie if Amy Lee can't provide any proof of actually being with Tappytoon, then it's fake. Also, Crimson Karma is not mentioned anywhere on Tappytoon's website or social media, and it's already licensed by Pocket Comics. Odds are that Amy Lee isn't with Tappytoon, but it can't hurt to ask for proof.

Group Leader
@reader67941 I imagined it'd be so, but to tell you the truth I'm not American and my native language is not English either, so I don't know much about copyright laws on the US.
I really don't want to stop if I don't have to, especially ending at this cliffhanger :)

@Bardozilla I did but they aren't responding, and most likely won't. Is that a proof on itself?

Group Leader
@caramelcookie If they aren't responding, then that's probably proof itself. Any member of a legal team will try to make their warnings air tight so you can't say the instructions were unclear or something to that affect in a court of law. If your not American either, they can't even sue you in an American court of law (I'm pretty sure)

Please don’t drop it before checking that they’re really with tape toons.
Your translations and this comic has brought me immeasurable joy! You’re amazing at scandalating and I really hope you continue the series if you can! ❤️❣️❤️

Banned
Lol don’t trust some dumbass random message :p still, up to you. It is technically not legal, but, then again, nothing on this site is

@caramelcookie
Just like @reader67941, said chances are the Amy Lee person is a troll. It might be weird for you, but as much as possible please ask for their email and proof since that's going to be a sign wether or not theyre really from tappytoon

Well from a person who works in those types of environments, they're not very professional, most of these types of warnings should come in as a form of document usable in court like an email, discords is... well you know
And the fact that they're not responding just tells more

Anyways, i hope you can continue the translations!

I'm sure it's someone from Bucci pranking you into dropping. No official staff would contact you on discord. If they were the real deal, they would directly serve you the DMCA, because without a license, they don't have ANY RIGHT to stop you from illegally scanlating except empty words. No company gives a shit about any scanlator to care enough to message you personally on discord of all things. And if they were going to stop you, they would've released a batch of episodes first THEN contacted you.

But okay, be safe. Thank you for your work. <3

im sure it's been said already but that amy lee person is 100% in the bucci gang discord server so it's definitely just someone getting on your ass for picking it up. even still (even if you stop) i appreciated the quick uploads!! this is one of my favorite manhwa <3

I just wanna say that I actually tried to find this on tappytoons and couldn't at all. I know next to nothing about the other side of scanlation so I don't even know what this "bucci gang" group is or anything, but it's pretty obviously a troll. If it was someone serious they wouldn't say "We can take legal action" when they actually can't (or at least it's far more difficult to) until the message is sent, since to my knowledge you're supposed to send a DMCA or Cease and Desist or something of that nature. Hope you keep going, your updates are quick and great, and whether you stop or not keep it up and good luck.

@caramelcookie @Emblemier_Ike is right, they’d send a C&D or DMCA if they actually could take legal action. If Amy Lee was actually with a licensor of the series, they could just send you one of two harmless forms (C&D or DMCA) and tell you to stop or they’d sue you. The forms are warnings demanding a takedown, so it doesn’t make sense to send a plain message demanding a takedown instead.

Users who are viewing this thread