Custom Reactions/More Reactions

Fed-Kun's army
We need more reactions for posts, as I feel the current ones are a tad limiting
then again one could always post a discord emote, copy its link and then paste it in as an image
656004784096280586.webp

Group Leader
Hey all,
I would like to suggest a slight revamp of suggestions for the MD forums (comments).

First, I have noticed that there are currently two reactions that are functionally the same: 👍 and the upvote ^.
I think that they should be merged into one.

Second, considering MD is such a polished product that is properly themed and all, I think we could have standardised reactions for example based on the MD mascot. I think it would be consistent and cute.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Second, considering MD is such a polished product that is properly themed and all, I think we coudl have standardised reactions for example based on the MD mascot. I think it would be consistent and cute.
Agree with this point, having a consistent theme and/or character(s) for the reactions would be fitting. It could also be taken a step further by customising or changing them for occasions like seasonal events and such.

Power Uploader
Hey all,
I would like to suggest a slight revamp of suggestions for the MD forums (comments).

First, I have noticed that there are currently two reactions that are functionally the same: 👍 and the upvote ^.
I think that they should be merged into one.

Second, considering MD is such a polished product that is properly themed and all, I think we could have standardised reactions for example based on the MD mascot. I think it would be consistent and cute.

Thanks.
I disagree that 👍 and ^ are used the same. The first is more of a "nice", and the second more of a "this". If someone posts pretty art, I'd react with the thumbs up. If someone makes an offhand comment like "I wish these chapters were longer", I'd react with the upvote.

The second idea is very cute though, I'll second that

Contributor
Agreed
Are current reactions just xf default ones with new images and unable to easily add more or could add all discord server's ones?

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
The fb-"like" is the default and I plan to keep that, as someone mentioned the :this: emote is distinct so there is a good reason to keep both.

More might come as soon as we revamped the current scoring and we'll see where we go from there. :nyoron: will surely make it into it :)

Custom made emotes are planned for the emojis, for reactions i find it better to use those which are already known from discord so they are more easily identifiable, especially because their preview size is only 16px.

Dex-chan lover
Could we have pat reaction and bonk reaction plss. I feel the stupid reaction kind of give a double meaning but i want the others to feel they got BONK not stupid :worry:

pat pat

Users who are viewing this thread