Cut & Paste de Kono Sekai o Ikiteiku

I take interest and try the web novel and disappointed.
It run out of steam faster than I though. Author's sickness worsen it but it's not something out of average to begin with, which means it's gone from average to bad instead of good to average.
Thw first few arcs are basically
jealous moron wants to kill MC because the woman they wanta to shag are preferring the MC for whatever reason.
After that it's 60+ chapters waiting for MC's
guild building to be finished where MC become the kingdom"s lackey clearing mess all around kingdom
after the waiting over then
mc now could officially become the kingdom's lackey clearing mess all around the kingdom and it's surrounding area,
Character comes and goes, forgotten then suddenly appears again, but most of them have less presence than MC's bathtube, literally.

Conclusion are weak and questionable, and it's not because it's incomplete, that's just how it is. The first grand plot is the fight with demon lord army. That's around chapter 260 so if you're going to read the WN, stop there. The conclusion is
some cheeky summoned hero group from Japan (yep it's isekai in the end) fight the demon lord but goddess interferred as it's prohibited to summon hero from other world and to kill summoned person, demon lord kill one of the summoned hero so the goddess told one of the divine beast to kill the dammed demon lord and the king who order the summoning. Where is the MC you ask? taking a bath on his bath thub and getting the news from the divine beast via telephaty, then the goddess asked him to cut all of the summoned hero skill.
if you read further
the king who order the summoning is still alive, well, and annoying as hell, mc agree to negotiate with divine beast to spare them, while the hero from japan never mentioned anymore, theres also no mention if MC took their skill or not. Oh btw MC's mother, the queen, and one other woman (alchemist) are isekaied person from earth. The alchemist have same observation skill as MC which then she give to MC to be fused with his own to make better tier observation skill. She also teach MC about machine gun so MC could make it using his make weapon using mana skill, this gun make chekov rage in his grave.

If you wants something with these kind of theme (rpg like skill mix and match over powered MC) go read that stay jobless reincarnated instead, it's a bit more well written, even if you find it's not, at least the author still alive.

Group Leader
Oh, wow, RIP. Author kicked the bucket.

WN translation should be done this month sometime.

Group Leader
@ixtab Not sure, just saw it mentioned by @pikokola and mentioned on the novelupdates page.

Status in COO
291 WN chapters
4 LN Volumes
(both discontinued due to author passing away)

Here's an announcement tweet. He passed away on Jan 27th 2019.

Bigger announcement: https://matomedane.jp/page/22921

He collapsed on April 1st 2017 from a cerebral hemorrhage. He was hospitalized for a long time and was undergoing treatment at home. His left side was paralyzed. Not sure what happened at the end (no cause of death is listed).

Yeah, author dead due to sickness a year ago.
So don't hope for any satisfying conclusion from this series unless the manga artist take liberty to make it's own closure.
I doubt they would hire another people to make a conclusion for the novel nor there will be many who are willing to as the story is actually a royal mess. I bet the author think so too as he himself abandon the story prematurely (the demonlord arc conclusion) and make a fresh start arc; Too bad he died before the new arc take shape.

Dex-chan lover
not gonna go read on the translator's site if they're gonna force me to disable adblock instead of asking politely

@AMicrowave
idk which translation site you're talking about, afaik junk burst (ch 1-100 ish) have no such things and you could close the one from shiro translation using the x on top right corner (it's a bit transparent though, so you might not notice it).
I myself use mozilla's reader mode when reading novels on web, most of the time it bypass stuff like those and contain only the content for ease of reading (plus I could change the style to white on black for night mode)
other than that, actually there's nothing of value lost from not reading those.

So how come this was picked up again? I know that when this was 1st released the scans were coming out regularly but no-one wanted to translated it. Nonetheless I am happy that it finally got one. Kind sad that the author never realized his work to the end but maybe the mangaka / publisher can find a fitting end to it.

@pikokola thank you very much for the insights of this novel. Good thing you wrote that down and saved me a lot of time.

Guys, I just got some major bad news. The author of this series is dead. 😔
Based on this website titled "Living in this World with Cut & Paste Author passed away" https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/living-in-this-world-with-cut-paste-author-passed-away.81741/
It stated that "The official website of SB Creative Corp.'s Tugikuru label announced last Friday that light novel author Sakuya passed away on January 27." 😥
So, chances are no more updates on the novel and may affect the manga everyone...

Fed-Kun's army
Scrolled down to the comment with lots of spoiler tags.

The Author Cut&Pasted an Isekai into his Fantasy story... twice.

is it sad that if i had that skill i know what i will do with it and i will already now that i can take skills because cut means to cut something from a piece of paper or online to cut part of the sentence of and move it somewheres else

Users who are viewing this thread